• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Elfstruck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
source.gif
I will take 5.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Amazing how everyone in the industry is truly being so loyal to Sony and not leaking out anything concrete like the system design or what type of games that are out cause if I remember correctly hardly anyone was loyal for Nintendo or Xbox with their system, especially Nintendo.
Or Sony has nothing to leak?

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
I don't think that. Where did I say that exactly?

You should actually read the trail I was replying to - ie "something's gotta give". I fully expect PS5 to have a far superior cooling solution, in either a larger/unusual design or something innovative. My point was that variable clock speeds weren't going to magically solve a cooling issue. Which it seems you're in agreement with anyway, so not sure what your point is tbh.

Sorry, your "but the Pro" initially came across like you were assuming the PS5 would be the same. The other guy was asking how it could possibly be small and quiet, and so I pointed out the variable clocks. Then you brought up the Pro, which I thought was unrelated because its issues aren't related to any of those previously mentioned 3 things - they're all about cost. Really, I should've just thought to bring up cost in the first place, but it didn't occur to me because I don't really think the PS5 cooling is going to be expensive as such - just more expensive than the Pro.

But yeah, you're right, variable clocks won't magically solve every cooling issue, but they do make them easier to deal with, at least to the point that I think you can achieve the small size and quiet noise profile of expensive cooling with something cheaper. Just not something WAY cheaper.

May 17, 2018
Amazing how everyone in the industry is truly being so loyal to Sony and not leaking out anything concrete like the system design or what type of games that are out cause if I remember correctly hardly anyone was loyal for Nintendo or Xbox with their system, especially Nintendo.

The Series X form factor didn't leak at all, did it?

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY

I'd say it's been pretty air tight all around. The fact that we haven't had a Halo screenshot leak or a shitty at home PS5 photo is insane. Even Microsoft's insider event was a complete surprise. Hoping this stays true and we don't get things leaked an hour before the reveal.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Haven't been following the thread since it first went live, any updates or credible rumors?

Any great shitposts or awful shaky angled "leaks" that say "DO NOT DISTRIBUTE"?

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
I really doubt many people outside of Sony know what the console looks like right now.

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
Yea, lol.

I laughed pretty loud when I read the list and saw $1,200 give us your stimulus. Ha!
If you thought the "get a second job" line for PS3 was bad, wait until you hear "we built a device so great that you should use your only source of income in a global economic crisis on it"

Seriously though of all the things for people to take seriously, this isn't it lol. This isn't even a fake that could pass for real like certain 4chan ones. It's just over the top and funny, which I love to see in times like this.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
If you thought the "get a second job" line for PS3 was bad, wait until you hear "we built a device so great that you should use your only source of income in a global economic crisis on it"

Seriously though of all the things for people to take seriously, this isn't it lol. This isn't even a fake that could pass for real like certain 4chan ones. It's just over the top and funny, which I love to see in times like this.

Same. I like that we are having fun, and not letting these threads turn into a shit show of Soony!!