• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017

If timestamp doesn't work, it's 39:35. He did warn that COVID-19 may result in change of plans, but as of right now Sony plans are on track for early-mid june event.

This lines up with what Jeffrey Grubb mentioned before:
Now that I got the Nintendo story out of my system, let me update here:
Something is happening June 4, and it's next-gen games related. People saying Sony could still announce hardware before that are absolutely right.

Last edited:

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
That's not too far away. Can't wait.

Very much looking forward to the design, unique features and the games their first-parties and partners have been cooking up.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Can't wait to actually see the console. Wonder if it'll look anything like the dev consoles.

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
so close to TLOU2? Pretty strange
Or maybe thet was the plan before they postponed the game

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Still waiting for that next-gen showcase. Seems like Sony will be the ones to show us once again.

AliveDefenselessHeterodontosaurus-size_restricted.gif

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
There it is.

I think they might even push it back more to have good things to show. Definitely every publisher will try to get as much gameplay out there as possible after the reception from yesterday.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
So we don't have E3 just to have couple of shows at the same time again? I was hoping companies will spread out the events more.

nujabeans

Dec 2, 2017
Probably early June to separate it a bit from The Last of Us. Hopefully they will just do one big reveal of everything, PlayStation Meeting+E3 style.

As some suggested: present it in Dreams. 🤩 That would be quite awesome if they could build an Playstation Meeting or E3 like experience in Dreams. Much better than seeing seeing them on webcam in their living room lol.

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
I mean, the original TLOU released the week of Sony's E3 presentation that year, which was the big PS4 media blowout, so it's hardly unprecedented.
yes, but at the time there was not so much free time before that.
Now they had an empty march, an empty may and no more games after july

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Cool. I'm ready to see what Sony has. Too early to hope for early GOW shots....but I'm hoping.

Asklepios

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
For something that's going to release this fall, June is totally fine. In fact if they could convince more developers and get more gameplay videos, then maybe a September reveal would be great too.

I mean every other device iPad or an iPhone etc only gets revealed 1-2 month before release anyway.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
So we don't have E3 just to have couple of shows at the same time again? I was hoping companies will spread out the events more.

They are. Microsoft is having their big first party games event in July. I'd wager most companies are more likely to push their show back than pull it forward.

June is probably about as late as is reasonable for a hardware reveal, though, since the consoles will have to start entering production over the summer, dramatically increasing the chances of leaks. I expect Lockhart to be unveiled in June for the same reason. The designs of both the PS3 slim and the PS4 slim leaked over the summer well in advance of their fall release — Sony would not want the big reveal of the PS5 design to be a factory backroom camera-phone clip, or a drawing from a Foxconn worker.

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
Is this a single event? I don't really see them revealing the console AND games during the same event. Unless they only show 1-2 games.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Looking forward to the 1st party IP my friend is working on. I'm hoping the reception is good and their efforts have paid off. The game hasn't leaked so far. So hopefully a pleasent surprise for all 😁

I have one person here who can back me up on this claim so hopefully they don't get banned before announcement 😆

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
Looking forward to the 1st party IP my friend is working on. I'm hoping the reception is good and their efforts have paid off. The game hasn't leaked so far. So hopefully a pleasent surprise for all 😁

I have one person here who can back me up on this claim so hopefully they don't get banned before announcement 😆
Give us the deeds!

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Besides best in class first part games showcase, really excited to know which third party partners are developing exclusives for PS5! so excited :D

BaronVonJof

Apr 12, 2018
United Kingdom
Got to be early June because as far as I'm aware the next issue of OPM UK (On sale June 2nd) is about the the games coming to PS5 and how they perform on the console?