• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know Jason was still doing podcasts, thanks for posting. Wonder what we'll see of Starfield, gameplay or another vague trailer...

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bigger than Valhalla? I have that game for PS5 Day one and it still causes me depression to even think about starting it.

Oct 25, 2017
Lol at Beyond Good and Evil 2. I still believe what I said years ago that It was nothing more than a final dream game announcement from Ubisoft that would have been the first game scrapped when the Vivendi takeover happened and Ubisoft would go down as heroes, but the takeover didn't happen. Now they have a project that has gone basically nowhere in the past 4 years and they can't cancel it now since they can't shift the blame on Vivendi if they do.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
BethSoft literally releases 2-4 AAA games every year. They get an odd year when they release just 1 game, but that happens rarely. They're a great purchase.
Yeah, they're releasing Deathloop this year, next year Ghostwire, Starfield, and probably Wolf 3. Deathloop will also release on Xbox next year.

2022 will be insane for Xbox, especially with Bethesda.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, i wouldn't be surprised of Ubi calmly shelved BGE2 down the line. It feels like it was a wish-project for Ancel, but he's not there anymore.

Nope I can confirm that GOTG was a single-player game before Avengers launched

I guess the collective feeling is "GOTG *should absolutely* be a single-player game after Avengers launched.", right? ^^

Sep 7, 2020
Part of the fun while watching these conferences is being surprised and reading the forum with everyone blown away or whatever, I dunno… it's fun.

But when you already know so much of what's being shown and announced, the surprise is gone in a sense.

Let's take GOTG for example — how many here even remembered that game was in dev, let alone predicted Square would be showing it? It would've surprised 99% of us.
For me personally, I may know a new game announcement but I have no idea what it looks like, how it will presented, or the features included. Just because I know a game exists doesn't mean the game will look anything like I may think in my head. So the announcements or leaks beforehand don't bother me personally. However, I respect your opinion on the matter.

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
Bethesda doesn't seem like the best purchase considering the need for timely paced Game Pass releases. Everything is aeons away and and will be spread apart.
Bethesda is a very long term purchase, it's not going to have any noticeable effect on console sales this gen imo.

The only suprise about another MarioRabbids game is that it took so long. Not something that interests me personally despite enjoying srpg's.

Last edited:

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
It really is sad watching company destroying franchise that you love and that meant a lot for you. I guess it is time for me to retire from being Assassin's Creed fan, these new games have nothing in common with games I fell in love, and it looks like that Ubisoft has no intention to change course.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Nope I can confirm that GOTG was a single-player game before Avengers launched
I was skeptical of it being GAAS tbh, Guardians made very little sense to GAAS, and I doubt Marvel would have wanted Squeenix to do 2 MArvel games that were GAAS heavy, and I doubt Squeenix saw much benefit in that as well.

Leclair

May 3, 2021
Denmark
NGL I feel zero sympathy for people who are hyper sensitive for "E3 spoilers", but then spend the days up to E3 on a gaming forum. I mean, what do you expect?

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
''Even bigger than Valhalla''

I'm out.

Edit: A surprise Ubi reveal that he can't talk about sounds like a Mario + Rabbids sequel to me, I'm hopeful. Not being allowed to talk about it does sound an awful lot like Nintendo.

Last edited:

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
LOL BG&E 2 is so dead as a project.

Plus that POS Michel Ansel has quit as the director. That game is going nowhere.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Quote on Microsoft and Square. Feel free to steal, OP:

Jason Schreier on Podcast said:
Microsoft is on Sunday... They will be interesting. Halo: Infinite... probably release date... Yes, that'll definitely be there. I'm sure we'll see some of the other Microsoft studio stuff, like Psychonauts 2 will definitely be there and who knows what else they've got under their bazillion studios that they own now. One thing we'll definitely see is a lot of Bethesda stuff, as this is the first big press conference since Microsoft bought Bethesda last year. So the thing I know will be there is Starfield---they've hinted at it, I've reported it. That is one game we will be getting a release date for, and I think people will be surprised because it's a very specific release date that is way far out---like late next year. I'll leave it to them to say the specific date, but it's way late next year---way late 2022.

Square Enix is also on Sunday. They've already said that their big focus in on a new game from Eidos Montreal. And when I saw that, I saw a whole lot of people be like, 'Deus Ex! Deus Ex!,' to which I was like, 'Sorry guys, Deus Ex is not coming back.' I wrote an article for Kotaku in 2017 about how Deus Ex is being put on ice and Eidos Montreal is working on a Guardians of the Galaxy game, which of course will be the game that Square Enix showcases on Sunday. So that's a big thing that Square is going to show. They're also talking about Babylon's Fall and The Avengers---they'll do some DLC for that, I'm sure and a few other things. Maybe some Final Fantasy stuff that they haven't mentioned. One thing I will say---I don't know if you guys saw this but---on the App Store, Square has changed the names of Final Fantasy III and Final Fantasy IV to Final Fantasy III and Final Fantasy IV (3D Remake), which made a lot of people wonder, 'huh, what's the deal there?' And my kind of theory there is that Square is preparing to release a compilation of all the 2D versions of those games---so like a Final Fantasy I through VI 2D compilation. Which would be hilarious because you two have been playing Final Fantasy VI and talking about how there's no way to play it well. So if they would just release it now on the Switch, or like announce it on Sunday on the Switch, like... But yeah, Guardians of the Galaxy is the big one. I was talking to someone who worked on that game recently, and they were telling me that at least as far as they know, at least when they worked on it, it was not a service game. So maybe it's not going to be like the Avengers clone that people have been worried about. And these are the people who made the recent Deus Ex games that are both pretty good, so I think there's reason to be optimistic.

Sep 7, 2020
Lol at Beyond Good and Evil 2. I still believe what I said years ago that It was nothing more than a final dream game announcement from Ubisoft that would have been the first game scrapped when the Vivendi takeover happened and Ubisoft would go down as heroes, but the takeover didn't happen. Now they have a project that has gone basically nowhere in the past 4 years and they can't cancel it now since they can't shift the blame on Vivendi if they do.
Yeah, I don't think BG&E2 ever releases. The concept was so massive in terms of what little they showed us( flying into the atmosphere) and we have heard nothing about the game in years.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Maybe not co-op, but my kids play Spiderman together all the time. A throw back to when we would just sit beside each other and play a game with only once controller and take turns.
Not the same at all, teaming up with friends to take on tough challenges is where gaming is at and that's more of a throw back than swapping controllers. That takes it back to the arcade.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I was skeptical of it being GAAS tbh, Guardians made very little sense to GAAS, and I doubt Marvel would have wanted Squeenix to do 2 MArvel games that were GAAS heavy, and I doubt Squeenix saw much benefit in that as well.
I would argue Guardians is actually way more logical as GaaS than Avengers, concept wise.

You can just do your live stuff about crazy happenings in the galaxy, you could improve your Guardians much more than the fixed set of powers Avengers have... It just makes a little bit more sense IMO.

Not that I want it, fuck no lol but concept wise...

Embedded

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing about For Honor 2?
I remember some rumors/leaks about the roster.

Please Ubisoft, show For Honor 2....

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
A lot of Bethesda stuff sounds good. Starfield will hopefully steal the show, but it would also be pretty cool to see something else that's managed to remain under wraps

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Very curious about that Ubi Sofia project. I was excited for a smaller, tighter AC game but now that it's DLC who knows how it'll turn out.

Also, that surprise Ubi game has to be either Mario Rabbids 2 (on Switch) or Splinter Cell (on Xbox) right??

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Guardians of the Galaxy must be shaping up well if it didn't get shelved to get more staff on Marvel's Avengers.

I wonder if that's the real passion project there.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
GOTG not being live service is good to know.

I'm interested to see what they do.

I still miss Deus Ex though

:(

thegodsend

Oct 26, 2017
I can't listen to it today but is Switch Pro mentioned in the podcast? Just wondering if Jason talked about Mochi's Bloomberg article and of we should expect anything in the next week or so.