• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1620879582038732800

Management informed the unnamed game's team of about 50 people that EA will try to find positions for them within the company. Anyone who can't be placed will be given severance packages and laid off, according to the people familiar with the matter, who asked to speak anonymously because they were not authorized to speak to the press. An EA spokesperson declined to comment.

The canceled project, code-named TFL or Titanfall Legends, was a single-player game set in the universe shared by the Apex Legends and Titanfall games. It was directed by veteran designer Mohammad Alavi until he left the company in early 2022. Although the game hadn't been advertised, EA had hinted at it several times.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like if it were Titanfall 3 there would be larger pomp and circumstance

immy

Jul 3, 2022
Layoffs, gaming is such a shitty industry, treats it's employees like absolute trash. Fuck these companies

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Games get quietly canceled every day, I feel the focus should be on the layoffs, that's awful. Hope they can find new jobs soon

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fucking devastated, ignorance is bliss. Hope everyone working on it gets new work quickly (internally or otherwise)

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
I'm not sure if this could have been Titanfall 3. No leaks or word or anything about it - the community for apex would absolutely eat it up if they integrated the slow trickle reveal into events on the BP or something.

Sucks if it was a side project. Really sucks if it was T3 :-(

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
RIP. EA is going on a cutting session prob cuz they missed earnings and stock tanked

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I beat Titanfall 2 the first time (I know) just last week and was curious if there will be more soon.

I guess that settles it. šŸ™ƒ

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Am I not supposed to have what I want? What I need?
surprise-scream.gif

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
I was super late to the party, but Titanfall 2 is one of the best FPS of the previous gen IMO. I would be excited for a new one, shame!!

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
Oh god I would not want to work at EA right now, the titanfall fanbase will be coming at them HARD.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
God, so help me if it was Titanfall 3.

I mean I'd imagine it likely wasn't actually titled "Titanfall 3" since if Jason is correct it was purely single-player and Titanfall has always had a MP component. Hell the first game was *only* MP.

I suppose one could see it as them pulling back from more games in that universe for now, but even that seems like a stretch since this one wasn't even announced yet and games get canceled all the time in the game dev world without consumers even knowing they ever existed.

Still, I feel awful for the devs who may be laid off, and mourn the loss of a potential new entry into the Titanfall universe regardless of what it may have been called.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wishing for the best for those who will potentially be affected by this if they can't be placed internally elsewhere.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Would have hoped it leaned more Titanfall than Apex but with the market the way it is would have garunteed it'd be way more Apex which is not my bag but damn at the team being laid off for it that's tragic šŸ˜ž