• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
The press sneak friend has another book coming.

Loved his first one, can't wait to read this one.

edit:

"This is a book about what happens when video game studios shut down. More specifically, it's a book about what happens *to human beings* when video game studios shut down. We'll zoom out and tell the stories behind companies including Irrational Games (BioShock), Visceral Games (Dead Space), and 38 Studios (Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning) by tracking some of the people who were actually affected by these closures. What did they go through? How did they move forward? What's it like to work in an industry that can feel so damn volatile?

The book tells a lot of people's stories. Some of them burnt out and quit the video game industry. Others moved across the country for new jobs or used the opportunity to follow their dreams of independence, making games like The Flame in the Flood, The Blackout Club, and Enter The Gungeon. The book also explores some solutions to the video game industry's volatility problem and tries to figure out how some of these issues can be fixed.
"

Last edited:

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Hell yeah. Blood, Sweat, and Pixels is such a great read. Jason Schreier continues to do some of the best work in the industry, and I'll get this immediately.

mtel

Oct 29, 2017
Awesome! Loved BS&P so have already pre-ordered the e-book. What a great birthday treat for me!

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
When did Jason get such a dramatic Twitter pic?

buttzilla

Sep 9, 2020
I'm excited!

Curious how much cross-over this is gonna have with topics covered in the "What Happened?" series on YouTube.

Viale

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Ahhhh sick. In for the audio book version. BSP was an excellent commute listen.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
was hoping for earlier date, hope that he wasnt crunching so get it done. And I hope that whole book wont be about studio closures.

Nekyrrev

Oct 28, 2017
I'm in day one. Last book was fire and should be read by anybody who feels passionate by this industry.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I highly recommend his first book if you haven't read it. Super eye-opening on the process of game development and the influence of publishers.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Congrats Jason. I actually finally got around to reading Blood, Sweat and Pixels a few weeks ago, and it was a great read. Highly recommended (especially to anyone who's ever said anything resembling something like "lazy devs"... ahem).

cant wait to see what jason's agenda is in this book.

(im preordering now)
It's funny because his first book is actually really agenda-free, there's almost no editorializing. It's just interviews and descriptions of what went down in those various cases based on the testimonies.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Anyone else think about that documentary that they made about Polygon (the websites) launch, with that title?

Anyway BS&P was great so I'm sure this will be too!

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
What happens when people lose their job, the book?

they get a new one?

im being facetious I know, but it's not an immediate subject that makes we want to dive In or rush out to get it. Especially in the current climate where job security is on a knife edge for millions across the world and in many different sectors.