• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.foxnews.com/science/great-white-shark-2137-pounds-outer-banks.amp

A 2,137-pound great white shark is headed toward North Carolina's Outer Banks, researchers have said.

The 15-foot shark named Luna "pinged in" last week off the coast of the Carolinas, according to a Facebook post from international great white shark research organization, OCEARCH.

Luna was over the so-called Charleston Bump, a "deepwater bottom feature 80 to 100 miles southeast of Charleston, South Carolina," according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's no twenty footer.

sharp-list-quint-hat-feat.jpg

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
A quick trip to Wikipedia is telling me that 15ft is actually on the low end of average for female great white shark sizes?

Seems to be that the larger females can grow up to 20ft in length and weigh up to 4,200lbs, nearly twice as heavy as the larger one referred to in the story.

Also, terrifying.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we capture it, run sadistic experiments on it and then eat it?

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't there one alive that's 25 feet or close to it? Some kinda big mama shark, can't remember her name.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Still terrifying!

A quick trip to Wikipedia is telling me that 15ft is actually on the low end of average for female great white shark sizes?

Seems to be that the larger females can grow up to 20ft in length and weigh up to 4,200lbs, nearly twice as heavy as the larger one referred to in the story.
Not only that, but unreliable historical accounts report even larger specimens. And it is known that even greater threats lie in deeper, unobserved waters!

Jun 10, 2018
Shark is likely only gonna be there for fish and mating smh. They're really not the mindless killing machines they're often portrayed as in movies/media.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Related, not related... last few years off Plymouth MA when we do a family vacation week, there have been so many sightings, i'm Convinced we're going to get munched.

Edit: bluest, deepest, my hat is like a shark fin.