• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BBCeKcI.gif

it's been 20 years!

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
I'll watch it to see all the connections to the larger View Askew-niverse, but I didn't find that much funny in the trailer. Clerks, Mallrats, and Clerks 2 are still great comedies, but this just didn't do much for me.

Oct 25, 2017
New York
All you mother fuckers are gonna pay. You are the ones who are the ball lickers. When we get to Hollywood and find those Miramax fucks who's making the movie, we're gonna make them eat our shit, and then shit out our shit, and then eat their shit made out of our shit that we made them eat. And then all you mother fuckers are next. Love Jay & Silent Bob.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All you mother fuckers are gonna pay. You are the ones who are the ball lickers. When we get to Hollywood and find those Miramax fucks who's making the movie, we're gonna make them eat our shit, and then shit out our shit, and then eat their shit made out of our shit that we made them eat. And then all you mother fuckers are next. Love Jay & Silent Bob.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Kevin can still pull together a cast, gotta give him that. I've been underwhelmed with his output for a very long time (podcasts aside), but I still look back fondly on Clerks, Mallrats, and several of his other earlier ones. If this feels more like that, then I'll be fine with it.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Impressive cameos, but I didn't even smirk at a single thing shown there. Looks absolutely terrible.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
They should just throw a bunch of moronic memes around to attract new viewers.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
I wish he'd try another Dogma. Grounded movie with heavy humor. The contrast worked. Red State was good but went too far away from comedy, and I haven't seen his new affairs. Clerks 2 was good too because of that. He's good when he has some drama mixed in. God Dogma was good.

Nostalgia's good enough for this. Surprised he got MattFleck back.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks fine. I liked the first one the first time I watched it at the movies. It was horrible on dvd though. Completely unwatchable. It's his worst movie(haven't seen Yoga Hosers). The fan service only works once and the entire movie was nothing but fan service.
A good crowd at one of these types of movies is a must. I also love Kevin Smith so i have a bias.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure there will be some decent cameos and lines and bits but I just can't like any of the movies as standalone holistic things.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this does not look good at all, Jay looks like he's a recovering heroin addict and the comedy just doesn't work anymore

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a big Kevin Smith fan. Loved all of his classic films up til Clerks 2, then I kinda lost interest in him as a director. This looks reeealllyy dumb, but I'll probably see it anyway due to the love of the characters in my younger years. Hell, I may even jump in on the Roadshow if I can snag tickets.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I liked Kevin Smith stuff back in high school but it's completely embarrassing now. I'm ashamed. I can't believe he's still doing this shit in 2019. It's so lazy and juvenile.

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
I loved Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. I recently saw Dogma for the first time and thought it was hilarious too. I'm down for more Jay and Silent Bob.

Oct 27, 2017
I love it but damn Jason Mewes aged bad. I also hate it but i still love it. I would totally go to see them though but wanna know the pricing. I doubt I could convince anyone to come with me though.

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
This looks really bad. And forced. I almost feel bad for Smith in a way, I'd love for him to try and make a superhero film.