• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
I liked Kevin Smith stuff back in high school but it's completely embarrassing now. I'm ashamed. I can't believe he's still doing this shit in 2019. It's so lazy and juvenile.
i was the same, practically worshiped his movies in high school and in film school. i've been meaning to go back and watch them all again because I can't imagine they hold up at all.

one thing smith deserves credit for though is beating the MCU to the punch by like a decade when it came to the connected universe thing. he wasn't afraid to take his characters and throw them into wildly different genres which I always respected

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Kevin is pretty open about his notions of sequels and fan service, so if you actually ever thought this wasn't going to be wall-to-wall references and cameos, I don't know what to tell you.

I'll be seeing this in theaters.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looks fun and the nostalgia hits fucking hard.

I'm in.

Also love that Zack and Miri is now officially part of the View Askewniverse.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
This is going to be hot trash but I'll watch it. Couldn't be any worse than Clerks 2. Speaking of, was Yoga Hosers any good or was it another steaming pile?

Var

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of, was Yoga Hosers any good or was it another steaming pile?

One of the worst movies I have ever seen. I watched twice just to make sure. I haven't really liked anything he has done since Clerks 2, but I watch them all anyway just because I am happy he is out there still living his dream lol.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
Nothing inspires more confidence in your upcoming movie than advertising cameos in your first trailer...And yes i have watched Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back but it would be cool to keep a couple of those cameos secret.

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
I'd rather have Clerks 3, and yes I know that's never gonna happen but it still hurts.

Will watch this anyway :)

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Atrocious painful and cringe is a good summary.
"lol a kevin smith movie then" no. No. He has made some totally watchable flicks. This is literally dumb and dumber 2 kind of bad.

On another note, this is Nadia from American Pie isn't it ? A b-blast from the past.Brings back memories.... if you'll excuse me ...

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
My top 3 Kevin smith movies are

Dogma
Chasing Amy
Red state

So this is not for me. I am just glad Kevin seems to be having the time of his life.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i was the same, practically worshiped his movies in high school and in film school. i've been meaning to go back and watch them all again because I can't imagine they hold up at all.

one thing smith deserves credit for though is beating the MCU to the punch by like a decade when it came to the connected universe thing. he wasn't afraid to take his characters and throw them into wildly different genres which I always respected
They do hold up, each of the movie's are still good.

Mirk

Oct 25, 2017
They all look so old now... Which means I must also look so old now! Noooooo :(

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't seen Chasing Amy in years, but I'm of the mind that most of Kevin Smith's filmography doesn't hold up nowadays, with Jay and Silent Bob in particular being a stinker. This looks much the same.

But at least we'll always have episode 5 of Clerks: The Animated Series.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Trailer made me smile and that's mostly cause I'm just happy to see Kev got to make this and it became a thing, so good for him and Mewes. I'll definitely see it but not expecting something laugh out loud funny, just a fun ride with nostalgic callbacks (which is what Asknewniverse is about anyhow).

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Now, I've never liked any of Kevin Smiths movies and this looks really bad. As a trailer, this is probably the worst trailer I've seen this year for sure.

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
Bunch of morose motherfuckers in this thread. Smells like someone just shit in your cereal

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
D_xpRoLWsAAurYY.jpg

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Looks good to me. Kevin Smith movies are 90s as hell and while this can be dismissed as J&SB So Very Old it's exactly what I was expecting.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
This is insane!!! So glad he got the cameos. On Fatman on Batman he made it sound like this was a shoestring budget, maybe it still is and people are just doing a lot of favors.

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Honestly the Method Man/Redman part got me lol.

This seems very much like something I'd put on Netflix late night.

Who are reboot Bluntman & Chronic?