• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Darksol

Oct 28, 2017
Japan
I love it but damn Jason Mewes aged bad. I also hate it but i still love it. I would totally go to see them though but wanna know the pricing. I doubt I could convince anyone to come with me though.

I mean, you do heroin for a decade or two and see where that shit gets you :p He's been clean for quite a while now though, directed his own movie, and seems to be a good father.

I'm in. Can't wait to watch ^_^

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Meth and Red, in 2019. There's appealing to me and then there's desperately trying to get my attention.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I don't expect a great film, just enough funny gags for a worthwhile viewing. Like the first.

Although the best thing out of that film is still the bloopers. Particularly the last one with Affleck and Damon

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Looks stupid as hell....so of course I'm watching this day one.

Oh and Shannon Elizabeth has aged very well.

Dunfisch

Oct 25, 2017
Cameos from O'Halloran and Dawson? Yes please. Shame there's no Clerks III happening... ever? Jeff Anderson doesn't want to do it, apparently.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Indeed! I stumbled upon that on TV once, very glad I did. Superb film

I have to say that out of all his movies, that is one of the few that I can still watch now that I'm older and enjoy lol. It was a direction that I would like to see Smith continue. RIP Michael Parks btw.

A lot of the humor in his other films are just incredibly dated and... trying too hard? I think I tried watching clerks 2 again recently and while I laughed a few times overall a majority of the movie just made me cringe. I'm curious to revisit Dogma now to see what I think.

I'm exhausted so I'm rambling so to go back on topic: this does not look good. At all. I'll prob watch it for the hell of it but despite all those cameos it just looks cheap and maybe it's just the YouTube upload or something but man those sound levels and quality are terribad.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts

Buddy1103

Jan 8, 2019
wonder if hes going to say ''Affleck you were the bomb in justice league yo''

Last edited:

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
This doesn't look very good honestly, jokes in the trailer falling flat already. Probably too old for this compared to Strike Back days. Kind of wish I liked it more.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I listen to Smith's podcasts, and he appears to be a genuinely nice person. He also always tells his audience that his movies are awful, but since I have never seen any of his movies, I never really believed him and figured he was just being polite.

Wow, that was horrible.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
I saw An Evening with Kevin Smith last year in Edmonton and he read part of the screenplay and talked about the movie at one point, this is basically exactly as described. I'll watch it for nostalgia and hopefully a couple laughs but this thing is meant for his fans for sure, don't think its going to garner a new audience.

I listen to Smith's podcasts, and he appears to be a genuinely nice person. He also always tells his audience that his movies are awful, but since I have never seen any of his movies, I never really believed him and figured he was just being polite.

Wow, that was horrible.

A lot of his movies are awful, some of the 90's ones are funny though. He also directed the best episode of The Flash.

Oct 26, 2017
I really like Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back but that was a terrible trailer. Haven't liked anything from Smith since then though so no real surprise

Sleuth

alt account
Banned
Jul 18, 2019
I am speculating Kevin Smith was encouraged by his friends all agreeing to be in the movie, which they would do now that it's become so tough for movie actors to get work.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i ordered a cheeseburger at five guys one time and they gave me a double cheeseburger and it was pretty good but it was $10

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
I rewatched Jay and Silent Bob strike back and I was surprised by how a lot of jokes just felt clumsy but I still really enjoyed it.

I think I'm going to want to see this dumbass movie. I think Kevin Smith films are hit and miss but when they hit I really dig it. I also respect the man even though he can be an incredibly unprofessional director.

He hasn't really made anything as good as his first 4 movies in the last two decades though.

OsakaDon

Oct 29, 2017
Osaka, Japan
I watched the trailer and also didn't find anything funny, just a call back session.

Wow Jay looks rough. His back teeth look strange, kind of a Woody Harrelson look going.

Also who was the old guy at the very end? Is that supposed to be a George Carlin lookalike?

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I watched the trailer again now that I'm home, and I think the first half of it has some funny moments. It definitely fizzles out quick and falls flat. I'll watch it day 1 no matter the reviews.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Looked great to me and exactly what I expected from this movie. Jay also looks surprisingly good wtf. I expected him to look terrible after all these years and struggles but man props to him.

G59

Nov 1, 2017
U.S.
I have been a Kevin Smith fan for over 2 decades. I'm sure this will be fine and give me some nostalgic laughs but I didn't laugh once during the trailer.

Oct 25, 2017
I got a laugh from Meth and Red.

Wow, that was horrible.
Dogma is good minus one segment involving a poo monster.
Chasing Amy is engaging even with some eh ... Moments.
Jay and Silent Bob has its moments.

The rest, I could leave.