• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How does Jay look a thousand times better during the bit after the trailer?

Real talk, when are we getting the Method and Red reboot?

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All it needs now is Cheech & Chong and the circle of life would be complete.

lol, did you not catch Tommy Chong's cameo?

captureeuktt.png

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
All of those cameos are great.

Zero of them were shocking. It's basically a who's who of potheads and Kevin Smith collaborators. Chris Hemsworth is the only one that I can't tie to either of those categories.

I love Kevin Smith for what he gave us during the 90's, I love his podcast/YouTube stuff...but that trailer looks like a lower budget, even more hastily thrown together J&SBSB. Which itself had not aged well five years later.

Method Man and Redman cameo was on point. That's it.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Yeah it's a bad trailer but the cameos and nostalgia are through the roof and I'll watch for that.

Yay for the return of Ben!

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
A lot of those quips would have landed better without the profanity. Nice to see Affleck back with Smith and the crew.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Is it true that Jennifer Gardner hated Kevin Smith and thats why Affleck stopped appearing in his movies?

That's one rumor. I've heard Smith talk about their relationship several times across his various podcasts, including Jason Mewes, and I think it was a combination of things. Affleck's struggles with addiction, and Smith saying things about Affleck that he probably shouldn't have - putting his name in the news.

Whatever the case, they seem cool now. Affleck even tweeted "snootchie boochies" earlier.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
its nice to see a how high (meth and red) reunion too. that makes this give off even more early 00s vibes.

looks like trash but i'll defo check it out.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
The worst movie in a series of bad movies that don't hold up gets a sequel that looks bad and doesn't hold up.

Christ, I don't want to remember how much I enjoyed these movies. It's that painful feeling of realization at just how naive you were in the past and probably are now. Also, makes you really appreciate the classics that actually do hold up.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Quite surprised at the cameos, seems Kevin Smith called everyone.

Will enjoy this on nostalgia alone.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

Awwwww.

That's one rumor. I've heard Smith talk about their relationship several times across his various podcasts, including Jason Mewes, and I think it was a combination of things. Affleck's struggles with addiction, and Smith saying things about Affleck that he probably shouldn't have - putting his name in the news.

Whatever the case, they seem cool now. Affleck even tweeted "snootchie boochies" earlier.

Yeah, I can't imagine him enjoying those stories about him just being put out there like that after he managed to turn into a respectable actor/director, even though he's apparently still that same person.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, I liked the first movie well enough, but this...didn't do a thing for me. Could be fun on a nostalgic level though, seeing all those characters again, but it looks to be severely lacking in laughs.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Literally, until tonight mayhaps, the biggest shock and happiest surprise for me this Comic Con is Kev and Ben being friends again.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Surprised they weren't able to get Will Farrell and John C Reilly to pop in for a scene. Not like they have anything better to do .

Also where's the orangutan?

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Surprised they weren't able to get Will Farrell and John C Reilly to pop in for a scene. Not like they have anything better to do .

Also where's the orangutan?

This isn't everyone. He said that there will be a few more surprises, for example he said that there are three Batmans in this movie and I've only seen two.

That said, I swear I heard somewhere that Will did not have very much fun on set, or maybe that he just had some issues with Kevin or something.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck that looked terrible. I found that humor funny back in 08 I believe when Clerks 2 came out but not anymore apparently.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Cuz Kevin Smith can't keep his mouth shut.

Both of these.

Jennifer can't stand Kevin (even before they were married - watch the Daredevil episode of Dinner for Five where she's "miring" on Affleck and protecting him from Kevin's jokes, years before they were even dating and in fact seeing other people). She hated his sense of humor when they were making Catch and Release.

Also Kevin's constant oversharing of old stories were cramping Affleck's style and they began to grow apart. They were still friendly until around Red State but I remember a story about Affleck being annoyed by the "top fat to fly" story and his oversharing on podcasts and his stage performances and they never fell out but Affleck basically stopped keeping in touch.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I went back and started re-watching Kevin Smith films in my old DVD collection, just to see how I feel about them today. The original Clerks is still one of my favorite comedies of all-time and I still love it today. I also watched Clerks II again as well and while a lot of the humor I feel is overly juvenile now, it's still a super sweet and charming comedy that I still enjoy watching.

Mallrats is next.

Even though Reboot looks to continue the overly juvenile comedy, I'm still all in just due to the nostalgia and cameos alone.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I guess it's confirmed that the Affleck cameo is based on Chasing Amy then?

It's so weird... this looks so bad, but I still want to watch it. Nostalgia is fucking dangerous.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what I got from this is that what I really want is a How High sequel.

(Yes I know they made a bullshit one. I mean a real one.)