• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017

Dave Grusin made the film "The Firm" a lot more enjoyable than it should have been. He's a remarkable guy. Jazz is an amazing genre!

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017

Miles Davis - So what.

I love Miles, it's the go to Jazz musician in these kind of threads, but I just love him so much.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Only got into jazz recently, it's great. Made a thread a while ago asking for recs and got some good stuff there, like this

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Not a huge fan of jazz until I saw Whiplash. Now, I genuinely turn to the Jazz station in town and linger a while if it is something that catches my ear.

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
Been waiting for a Jazz thread! Indeed the highest form of music. Been getting into a lot of Clifford Brown lately.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also this cover of Stevie Wonder's Isn't she Lovely has my favorite saxophone solo ever:

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017

A bit slower than a lot of the other recommendations in here, but I like it when I'm just lying on the couch with my eyes closed.

Garble Slew

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta, Georgia
Excited to go through this thread later. I enjoy much of John Zorn's output but haven't made much of an effort to get more involved with jazz simply due to other genres taking precedence over it. This thread should make for an easy jump-in.

MilShap

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR

Got into these guys years ago, they always blow me away live.

There are many jazz guitarists that I love and inspire me, but Wes will always be at the top for me.

Tux_

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
This whole damn playlist. You won't be disappointed.

Starts with fire and never lets up.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ww7jrr4olvkgt.gif

Gray Matter

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
I know next to nothing about jazz, but once a blue moon I get the urge to listen to some sweet sax action and I put on Kamasi Washington.

So good.

pennanton

Oct 31, 2017
Everyone should give Kids on the Slope a go if they haven't already for that smooth Jazz/anime feels.