• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/16/media/jeanine-pirro-fox-news/index.html

ap_831006163336.jpg

Jeanine Pirro was off the air at Fox News on Saturday, one week after she was widely denounced for doubting Congresswoman Ilhan Omar's patriotism.

"Think about it: Omar wears a hijab," Pirro said. "Is her adherence to this Islamic doctrine indicative of her adherence to Sharia law, which in itself is antithetical to the United States Constitution?"

Last Saturday night Pirro questioned whether Omar's Islamic religious beliefs stand in opposition to the US Constitution, prompting Fox to say "we strongly condemn Jeanine Pirro's comments."

The network said at the time that the views Pirro expressed "do not reflect those of the network and we have addressed the matter with her directly" — but declined to say if she was being sanctioned in any way.

Several advertisers subsequently distanced themselves from Pirro's weekly show, called "Justice."

Among many other critics, a Fox News staffer pushed back on Pirro's statements. Hufsa Kamal, a producer on Fox's "Special Report with Bret Baier," tweeted: "@JudgeJeanine can you stop spreading this false narrative that somehow Muslims hate America or women who wear a hijab aren't American enough? You have Muslims working at the same network you do, including myself."

When Fox condemned Pirro, she also issued a statement. She did not apologize. She said she intended to "ask a question and start a debate."

"Of course because one is Muslim does not mean you don't support the Constitution," she said. "I invite Rep. Omar to come on my show any time to discuss all of the important issues facing America today.

Pirro has not said anything about taking a vacation. She hasn't tweeted since last weekend. All together, the circumstances suggest that she has been suspended by Fox in the wake of her comments.

But if she has been suspended, Fox is not saying so. A network spokeswoman said "we are not commenting on internal scheduling matters."

There is no word on whether Pirro's show will return next week.

giphy.gif

She'll be back. They always come back.

More at the link. Make my only remaining advertiser be MyPillow if old.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
She'll get paid time off and return with a raise. Bullshit posturing by Fox.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When your Islamophobia is too much for even Fox.

But let's be honest, they did that because as a woman of colour, she's expendable to Fox. Let's see what they do about Tucker Carlson.

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Working at Fox News must be the only place where white people are being 100% honest when they say "No one has any idea what you can and can't say these days".

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
She won't stay gone, but it is fun to watch right-wing people say they're going to boycott Fox News.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Must say something about your network when advertisers pull from multiple fucking shows. But losing advertisers to own the libs I guess.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Fox News: "Her views don't reflect those of our network, but we will continue to pay her lots of money and give her a national televised platform to continue spewing hate."

Fuck all the way off, Fox.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
The fuck, it took her to comment on a hijab for Fox to do something about this idiot? As far as I can remember, the moment she stepped into the camera view she has been this everything-phobic-trump-ass-sniffing-conspiracy-spinning-crazy-cake.

The only way FOX can somehow prove that "this is not their viewpoint" is to shut down entirely. As long as they keep having their fucking Fox and Friends, Tucker Carlson etc. this is a meaningless gesture.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How many vacations has Sean Hannity taken? These are meaningless.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
There is no way fox gets rid of her for that. That's their fucking bread and butter.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
There sure seem to be a lot of people getting fired or suspended from Fox News for white nationalism and sexual misconduct. It's almost as if there's a culture there that encourages these sorts of behaviors.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
It's always great when Conservatives crack open the dusty, corroded vault to their inner workings. Trump's "be strong and prosper, be weak and die" comment tells you all you need about why conservatives are such hateful cowards.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
It's so fucked up that people like her can say such vile shit, get paid ridiculous amounts of money for it, and then be essentially given another show down the road by the evil network they work for.

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man. You can really tell when someone is standing in for Don on the Twitter box. He sounds positively coherent and focused about this. That is NOT Trump.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite part is when the President and his family use their influence to boost the business of their friends. Luckily there are no laws in the US that outlaw that behavior.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Can we start asking these questions about Christians in Congress? Does their loyalty lie with their god or with the country? The Constitution is a secular document.

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
Lmao she forgot she wasnt white(?) lmao oh man I love it when this happens to these ppl

Anyway this is good happy hope this hurts her soul to the fullest

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
Trump crying because he lost the staff member responsible for his saturday briefings and policy stances.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Interestingly, people had the same worries about electing JFK because he was Catholic. Mitt Romney's Mormon ties got similar side eyes.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Since when did FOX network have an issue pushing Islamaphobic rhetoric? This is hypocrisy if I ever saw it.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Can we start asking these questions about Christians in Congress? Does their loyalty lie with their god or with the country? The Constitution is a secular document.

That won't work here. They don't even read the damn bible let alone any secular documents. The people who do and call them out on it just get shut down or shut out of the conversation.