• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I was excited to play this game online, so I picked it up immediately. I joined a game where 1 player was absolutely mopping the floor with us and he had .twitchtv in his username.

Sure enough, I looked him up and he was playing on PC in a switch server absolutely decimating everyone.

Apparently all you have to do is take the server IP from a console match, which is clearly visible on console, and enter it in the PC server browser and join.

https://m.twitch.tv/illudia
Here is a guy that was streaming on PC in a match beating our asses on switch.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
"Can Console players please get Crossplay?"

gfwHTCv.gif

Axon

Banned
Mar 9, 2020
Thats hilarious. Interesting that it just works right out of the gate like this.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Obviously, this situation will be unbalanced as fuck... but I want the option to remain, and I want cross-saves to be just as easily implemented, dammit!

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Aren't the PC players really serious about following a bunch of informal rules when playing online? Like in terms of dueling etiquette and stuff?

I imagine this situation would be kind of annoying for them now too, because they'll all of a sudden have a ton of randos running around causing havoc, and they won't be able to communicate with them.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
This is probably the one third person action game that is better with mouse/keyboard so i could see the advantage, i really love the controls in these games, it's a shame Lucasarts decided to copy God of War instead with later SW games.

Deleted member 28461

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Aren't the PC players really serious about following a bunch of informal rules when playing online? Like in terms of dueling etiquette and stuff?

I imagine this situation would be kind of annoying for them now too, because they'll all of a sudden have a ton of randos running around causing havoc, and they won't be able to communicate with them.
Seems like they would have to go out of their way to get on a console server.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018

Yes, but a lot of that is done on at least somewhat modded servers usually

Deleted member 82

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Back in the day, yeah. We would always crouch and bow before the beginning of a duel. That's the only rule I remember.

I gotta imagine that the decades have made the rules more numerous and strict. All I know is that it was a ton of fun, apart from the fact that you had pretty much no chance of winning if you didn't use the strong stance (the pink one).

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are also cheating. I just tweeted kotaku and others. I've got pictures and video. They could see HP, loadouts of players, had chat and voice and more. It's a bigger disaster than just better players. It's also the massive cheating.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
And this is why crossplay always need to be optional between console and PC. Every game is unique but some games are literally completely different experiences on PC compared to console. At the very least they should separate lobbies based on input methods (I think COD is doing this for example?).

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
lmao you guys want nothing to do with Jedi Academy vets. Those guys are on some other shit.

Lol I was thinking the same thing

I saw those insane cats playing on the Arena TV Show on G4 growing up and apparently those players weren't even decent in the grand scheme of things either

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
Hilarious oversight. Can't wait for memes where Switch users hears from PC users: "You are allowed to be on this server, but we won't grant you a rank of master".

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
They are also cheating. I just tweeted kotaku and others. I've got pictures and video. They could see HP, loadouts of players, had chat and voice and more. It's a bigger disaster than just better players. It's also the massive cheating.

It's one of the reasons a player should have the option to turn crossplay off. Cheating on different platforms can be rampant depending on the game.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
And this is why crossplay always need to be optional between console and PC. Every game is unique but some games are literally completely different experiences on PC compared to console. At the very least they should separate lobbies based on input methods (I think COD is doing this for example?).

No, CoD just gives massive aim assist to console players.

ConVito

Oct 16, 2018
This raises an issue I've wanted implemented for as long as I've played on PC:

Control-based matchmaking.

As someone who always prefers using a gamepad on PC given the option, I'd absolutely love the ability to only play against/with others using one. Not saying it should be mandatory, but having the choice would be great. I love the idea of multiplayer, but since I can't enjoy m&k controls no matter how many times I try (and I know I'm not the only one), I'd like the opportunity to play with others without an automatic disadvantage.

Mreow

Oct 27, 2017
The crossplay doesn't bother me that much tbh but now being able to play a custom game with friends only is something I want. Was prepared to buy my kids their own copy of the game so that we could play together but so far no luck. Hope it gets patched in sometime

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I will soon give this game a fifth or so try on PC. I am a big Jedi Knight 1+2 fan, but I never liked Academy. I want to play Kyle Katarn :( But maybe I have to play more than the first mission to enjoy it ;)