• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
"Some of you may have noticed a new title update being downloaded for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order™. Below you will find the release notes for this update, which improves backwards compatibility performance specifically on the latest generation of consoles.

High Level Summary of Features:

• Improved framerate on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5
  • Improved dynamic resolution ranges, for a higher resolution experience on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5
  • Improved post-processing resolution for Xbox Series X and PS5. (Not Xbox Series S)

Console Specifics:

Xbox Series S

• Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS (up from 45 FPS)

Xbox Series X Performance mode

• Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS
  • Dynamic resolution added in the range of 1080p to 1440p

Xbox Series X Normal mode (non-performance mode)

• Postprocessing has been increased to 4K
  • Dynamic resolution in the range of 1512p to 2160p

PlayStation 5

• Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS (up from 45 FPS)
  • Postprocessing increased to 1440p
  • Dynamic resolution has been disabled and the game is rendering at 1200p (up from 810-1080p)"

Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order | Next-Gen Optimization Update (ea.com)

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
Awesome! I just picked this game back up, and was assuming there was no patch coming based on all the info I could find.

Khasim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Those numbers are pretty disappointing, but Fallen Order has been a janky game from the beginning so optimizing it for 4K60 on the new consoles was probably not worth the investment. Still, nice, will definitely replay it on my SX, finally have a reason to do a NG+ playthrough.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
The frame rate was the biggest problem with the game, if you haven't played it yet then definitely get on it!

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Surprised they couldn't get this up to native4k60.

1080p-1440p at 6p across the series x and ps5 is..... unimpressive.

ItsBradazHD

Nov 21, 2018
So it seems on PS5 it's still a PS4 game running in the back-compatibility layer?
A shame it has the worst of optimisations when it should easily be able to push the same resolution bounds as Series X

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
60fps is all I needed to hear, going to install it on my PS5 later today and dive in.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Fairplay to them, sounds like the bare minumum has been done to make it a more pleasant experience, but the fact that something has been done is great.

shanew21

Nov 7, 2017
We can talk all day about power differences, etc etc but this isn't related to that at all.

I think it is clear that Microsoft's BC implementation is clearly the better approach so far.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Yes! Holding off on playing it was worth it.

Looks like that's my next game to play.

60fps is all I need.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Holy shit I'm glad I waited

and yeah I was aware the game was a technical mess so I never expected much so 1200p/60fps on BC is still a nice surprise

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Is the loading any better? That alone killed alot of the enjoyment I had with the game.

PhoenixDawn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Glad I waited. This will be amazing with Gamepass but I had held off hoping for an update because it seemed weird it wouldn't get one after being basically the 'showcase' for EA Play on gamepass at release.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Hang on - why the huge disparity between PS5 and Series X?
Because the PS5 version isn't a PS5 game. It's still the literal PS4 version with all the limitations that backward compatibility entails for that platform. Xbox works differently.

it's absolutely nothing to be concerned about, it speaks nothing to the power of the machines for native PS5 games.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I have on PC, but never liked how stuttery it was. Might consider double-dipping on sale for PS5 if it is smooth.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Two weeks after I beat the game. On the other hand, I still have it installed, so this will come in handy for post-game and NG+.