• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tintskuecha

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/27/jeff-bezos-is-now-the-richest-man-in-the-world-with-90-billion.html

Jeff Bezos became the richest man in the world Friday morning, after adding nearly $7 billion to his wealth overnight.

With Amazon's share price surging Friday morning after its earnings report, Bezos's wealth shot up to more than $90 billion, according to calculations by CNBC and data from the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.

At some point, given Amazon's dominance in so many markets, Bezos is likely to pull further ahead in the race for the richest man. For now, however, the battle is between Microsoft and Amazon.

With Amazon's dominance only beginning, how high do you think his wealth will go?

I think one day Bezos will have all the money

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, Bill has given away like 30 billion. I'm not sure Bezos has given 30 cents.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Again. And then when the stock drops again he won't be for a few days.

ahoyhoy

Oct 25, 2017
Well, Bill has given away like 30 billion. I'm not sure Bezos has given 30 cents.

He probably wanted to hoard it all until he became the richest man.

Now that his ego has been quenched maybe he can donate that 9 billion he just earned to build that NYC-DC Hyperloop

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While impressive, I am more in awe of
Gates due to his philanthropy while still maintaining his wealth.

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA
Isn't Putin the actual richest person in the world? (edit: or so we think...we can't tell because it's not publicly-available information)

Lime

Banned for use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earning 90 billion dollars over night means he must have worked so hard, that poor guy.

this is why capitalism should be destroyed