• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can Hollywood idiots learn to shut the fuck up if not just for their own sake

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif

why say something like that?
wtf

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Honestly we should not do this type of celebrity worship at all

There are celebs that are good people

Some that are bad people

We. An assume one day but unknown info could come out at any time

The biggest thing about people that tends to be forgotten (by people lol) is people can have a lot of good qualities and still have some bad, and vice versa. Either/Or is not always a thing. Although when it comes to something like the shit Allen pulled it's much harder to see any good when they're so massively caked in shit. It's a lot harder to convince someone in the wrong like Goldblum why he's wrong than it is to say "there goes my fandom bye take that!" Lol.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
That's how you kill the well-being towards Goldblum

The Idle Thumbs episode years ago where they talked about seeing his band live put him on my borderline questionable list. IIRC, they said he's really touchy-feely in person which was definitely a "hmmm" moment.

I like his work but after that episode I've been half expecting a shoe to drop.

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing wrong with what he said, I don't agree with the mob mentality that usually happens when allegations are made (unless it's just overwhelmingly obvious the person is guilty)but those rumors flying around him aren't helping anything. But as he said "innocent until proven guilty".

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Some people, mainly stars, need to KNOW when the shut the fuck up. Nobody wants to hear them defend terrible people. That kinda shit makes people MAD. Nobody is interested in their hot takes and shitty opinions. It's one of those occasions where they should think long and hard before they speak, and then at the end of it all, just don't say shit at all.

If your opinion's on something positive, by all means, let it be known. But if you are about to spit some "Y'know, Harvey Weinstein isn't that bad of a guy..." bullshit, maybe you should just sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up. Or, open your fat mouth and have everybody hate you... do as you will.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Dude is married to a contortionist 31 years younger than him. When did he not give off weird vibes?

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Chances are if you come to the defense of a degenerate you are also a degenerate.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing wrong with what he said, I don't agree with the mob mentality that usually happens when allegations are made (unless it's just overwhelmingly obvious the person is guilty)but those rumors flying around him aren't helping anything. But as he said "innocent until proven guilty".

As always, innocent until proven guilty applies to a courtroom.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Dude is married to a contortionist 31 years younger than him. When did he not give off weird vibes?
Dude married his adoptive daughter.

Omega level creep, the creepness factor is off the scale. If you ever find yourself defending such a person it's time to reconsider your life choices.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean one of his defining traits is his total lack of respect for other peoples' personal space, he's literally Ian Malcolm in real life. "Innocent Creep." This all seems pretty on brand.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jeff already played his hand when he started dating that woman from Lost whose like 40yrs younger or something. Him defending a creep is unsurprising.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
The dude was in Annie Hall. In addition to all his other creepy stuff, defending Woody Allen is unsurprising.

giphy.gif

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude married his adoptive daughter.

Omega level creep, the creepness factor is off the scale. If you ever find yourself defending such a person it's time to reconsider your life choices.

posts like these perfectly demonstrates why the woody allen thing is a lot more complicated than a lot of people realize. you feel that strongly about it but you don't even have the basic facts straight. woody allen is not her adoptive father. soon-yi is the daughter of mia farrow and andre previn.

allen is an old geezer who lusts after young women, that is certain, but the rest is just messy to such a degree that i don't even care to try to make sense of it.

and besides, i think most of the #metoo regarding allen focuses on him allegedly molesting his daughter, not on his marriage.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
posts like these perfectly demonstrates why the woody allen thing is a lot more complicated than a lot of people realize. you feel that strongly about it but you don't even have the basic facts straight. woody allen is not her adoptive father. soon-yi is the daughter of mia farrow and andre previn.

allen is an old geezer who lusts after young women, that is certain, but the rest is just messy to such a degree that i don't even care to try to make sense of it.

and besides, i think most of the #metoo regarding allen focuses on him allegedly molesting his daughter.
I know all this, he was her adoptive father figure he was in a long term relationship with her mother. There's a reason why people refer to this as creepy.

I've had this argument plenty of times and like I said this shit is indefensible. it never comes across well for the person trying to defend this man. Even you should be well aware that what your describing is highly disturbing?

Last edited:

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Wrong. Innocence also has to be demonstrated.

There's a presumption that the burden of proof of guilty hasn't been met.

Not convinced someone is guilty doesn't mean you should assume they are innocent.

Innocent until proven guilty is a terrible phrase tbh.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

and besides, i think most of the #metoo regarding allen focuses on him allegedly molesting his daughter, not on his marriage.

You're white washing this significantly. Soonyi was 9 when Allen and Farrow started dating....

Turning around and then dating your partner's daughter sometime between her 17th and 23rd Birthday when you are in your 50s is kinda messed up... Putting in lightly.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I said the last time we had a discussion on Allen that while true this is basically the "technically, it's ephebophilia" of discussions of Allen's, uh, problems
You're white washing this significantly. Soonyi was 9 when Allen and Farrow started dating....

Turning around and then dating your partner's daughter sometime between her 17th and 23rd Birthday when you are in your 50s is kinda messed up... Putting in lightly.
it's definitely creepy, but if their early relationship is as distant as is generally described, i honestly don't see it as all that different from any other ancient dude with a ridiculously young wife. just being an old pervert, and they have been married for over two decades now so eh, i don't really care. it's really the accusations of him molesting dylan farrow that are the messed up part.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
it's definitely creepy, but if their early relationship is as distant as is generally described, i honestly don't see it as all that different from any other ancient dude with a ridiculously young wife. just being an old pervert, and they have been married for over two decades now so eh, i don't really care. it's really the accusations of him molesting dylan farrow that are the messed up part.
If their early relationship was that distant then he was a bad father figure in the first place, everything about that relationships relates back to at least some level of emotional abuse on his part.

There is nothing normal about what your arguing here.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Goldlum has criminal charges?? We're all typing from the jury room?

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Party of me really wants to believe that he is just bored and wants to know how far he can push before losing his fandom.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If their early relationship was that distant then he was a bad father figure in the first place, everything about that relationships relates back to at least some level of emotional abuse on his part.

There is nothing normal about what your arguing here.
never said it was normal. just that it's on the lower end of old rich pervert activity when it comes to sexual depravity.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
never said it was normal. just that it's on the lower end of old rich pervert activity when it comes to sexual depravity.
It's not lower end that it's the point. It's extremely high end. She was 9 when he dated her mother 9. He either groomed the girl or took advantage of the fact he was a negligent father figure.

Either way that's emotional abuse.