• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Been waiting on this as well, I suspect he wasn't available last weekened as it was a holiday.

Dascu

Oct 28, 2017
He's been slowly progressing through Mountaintops and Castle Sol, but honestly, he should go back to the underground areas and explore previous areas. He's kind of underlevelled.

duder92

Jun 17, 2018
Yeah, he's starting to hit a wall I think.

I'd be surprised if he actually finishes it, last few streams he doesnt seem to be enjoying it too much, and I think the openess of the game is going to keep him from being able to complete it.

Dascu

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, he's starting to hit a wall I think.

I'd be surprised if he actually finishes it, last few streams he doesnt seem to be enjoying it too much, and I think the openess of the game is going to keep him from being able to complete it.
He just really needs to make a detour to a more manageable area to regain his spirits and level up. Otherwise, he's not far from the end. I can see Fire Giant being a frustrating challenge, but Farum Azula and the boss there shouldn't be too tricky with the Mimic Tear. And then it's just the final bosses, again, not impossible with Mimic Tear.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah he really mainlined the other areas and skipped some pretty major locations, so naturally he's quite under-leveled for the mountaintop and what comes after. Really should go back and try to find the sewer entrance at the capital, or go further underground since he didn't see much of that. That being said, he's been under-leveled for much of the game and hasn't had too much trouble with the main bosses.

Think his biggest problem is he hasn't done many of the dungeons in the game at all, which are pretty important in keeping you appropriately leveled as the game progresses. But I understand his frustrations. Playing this once or twice a week means you're going to forget what you were doing every time you turn the game on.

Last edited:

Dascu

Oct 28, 2017
Been a while since the last stream. I hope there's no bad 'real world' events or happenings affecting him. And I also hope he's soured on the game after the more frustrating time he's had in the current area. Please come back, Jeff!

Dascu

Oct 28, 2017
Good progress in the latest (though infrequent) streams. Made it all the way to the snowfields and path to the Haligtree. Still hasn't gone back to Ainsel River underground and Nokstella though, which he really should before going further.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Jeff started a new job at NetEase so he's probably been pretty busy this month. Hope he's back streaming at some point soon.

duder92

Jun 17, 2018
Jeff's been dark since september, any idea what he is up to? Guessing the hope for end to Elden Ring is kaput.

Jeff Green

Nov 8, 2017
Hey gang! Emerging out of lurk mode for a moment since I saw this thread had a few new posts again. Just to clarify, I was at Hit Detection with Robert Coffey up until 2020. Then, Robert and Ryan Scott and I founded Min/Max Consulting right when the pandemic hit. Those guys are still at it and doing just fine (and we're still all friends), but I bailed out this past August because NetEase headhunted me with a pretty great offer that I just couldn't refuse.

The reason I've been "dark" since then is basically what y'all surmised--I've just been busy focusing on the new job. I'm starting to settle into the job more now and am hoping I'll have the time and energy to get back to the streaming. I miss it. I'm worried now though that it's been so long since I played Elden Ring that....I'd have to start over. And I don't think anyone wants to see that LOL. Or maybe I just need to play on my own for a bit and remind myself where I was at.

Anyhoo, I'm alive and well and all that, and lurk on this forum daily. I just have like the most adult job I've ever had (and hey, I'm 61, so maybe it was about time) so I've needed to focus on that so they don't realize I don't know what the fuck I'm doing. Please don't tell!

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
Hey gang! Emerging out of lurk mode for a moment since I saw this thread had a few new posts again. Just to clarify, I was at Hit Detection with Robert Coffey up until 2020. Then, Robert and Ryan Scott and I founded Min/Max Consulting right when the pandemic hit. Those guys are still at it and doing just fine (and we're still all friends), but I bailed out this past August because NetEase headhunted me with a pretty great offer that I just couldn't refuse.

The reason I've been "dark" since then is basically what y'all surmised--I've just been busy focusing on the new job. I'm starting to settle into the job more now and am hoping I'll have the time and energy to get back to the streaming. I miss it. I'm worried now though that it's been so long since I played Elden Ring that....I'd have to start over. And I don't think anyone wants to see that LOL. Or maybe I just need to play on my own for a bit and remind myself where I was at.

Anyhoo, I'm alive and well and all that, and lurk on this forum daily. I just have like the most adult job I've ever had (and hey, I'm 61, so maybe it was about time) so I've needed to focus on that so they don't realize I don't know what the fuck I'm doing. Please don't tell!
Glad you're doing well Jeff!

Jan 4, 2023

Apologies for the wrong info, edited my post.

Glad you're doing well Jeff. I'd love to watch you stream anything but no pressure.

Still listen to GFW all the time. 32 now and I was 16 when I first started listening. Crazy.

Thanks for all the entertainment over the years 🫡

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the update Jeff! Great to hear you're doing well.

I think if you were to return to Elden Ring you could honestly get a good handle on where you were within a stream or 2. The chat at least would probably be a pretty decent help in pointing you in the next direction, or if you wanted to mess around in other parts of the map to get in the groove nothing wrong with that either.

You were pretty darn close to finishing it.

Dascu

Oct 28, 2017
Good to hear from you, Jeff!
Take your time and settle in, but would of course love to see you continue the Elden Ring saga. I don't think it'd take you that long to get back into the groove, maybe just by going back to an earlier area and exploring a bit there.

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017

As long as you are doing well that is all that matters.

Flavius

Oct 28, 2017
Orlando, FL

Belated congratulations to you, Black Dragon! Happy to hear all is groovy and looking forward to future awesomeness (or terribleness, even...bet you could even make being confounded and lost in ER highly entertaining).

shoal

Dec 27, 2020

So good to hear you're doing well, Jeff! Take your time, we'll be here when you're ready to stream again :)

Roquentin

Oct 29, 2017
Thank you for the update Jeff! Good to know you're doing well. BTW there's a new free DLC for PowerWash Simulator (Tomb Raider Special Pack). Just sayin' 😉

Jeff Green

Nov 8, 2017
Thanks so much for the kind words everyone. I really appreciate how cool this community always is to me!

"BTW there's a new free DLC for PowerWash Simulator (Tomb Raider Special Pack). Just sayin' 😉"

OMG

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan

Great to hear from you! The update is very much appreciated, and it's super reassuring to hear you're doing well.
It'd be a blast to watch your streams again whenever you're ready. It doesn't have to be Elden Ring! As long as you're having fun.

Also, the thought of you lurking on Era while at your new "adult job" is genuinely funny (I hope I never grow up either lol)

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT

Jeff! So glad to hear you are doing well and are happy. Whenever you are ready to get back out there streaming, we will be there!

LetsEatSnacks

Oct 18, 2020
United States
I would kill for a reunion or just a brand new podcast considering the need to be in the same room just isn't necessary these days. I can't even remember the last time I heard Shawn on a podcast!

Anyhow, Jeff, if you're here lurking: Huge fan and have always considered you to be an inspiration. As a fellow man with grey hair who sees nothing wrong with playing video games as an older adult: You make me feel so seen!