• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Didn't he just get something wrong? Feels a bit too soon to trust his info again.

Edit: Granted he has been correct in the past. So fair enough.

Last edited:
OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
He's been pretty accurate with event dates, irrespective of other topics, especially the last 2 (3?) SoP's.
He also had the specific date of the big PS5 reveal showcase a month ahead of time (basically now 3 years ago), so he does have good track record on these.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't he just get something wrong? Feels a bit too soon to trust his info again.
Huh? Grubb has a good track record overall. He just communicates things he's heard so he's not going to get things right every time, but he clearly has sources in the industry.

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
Besides the Gameplay/Trailer of Spider-Man 2, I expect Helldivers 2, Firewalk Multiplayer Game and The last of us Factions to be shown. The rest will be a welcome surprise.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017

I feel like Grubb's got a lot more right than he's got wrong over the years. He's reliable but it never hurts to treat any rumour with a healthy dose of skepticism.

On the scale of leakers/insiders though, I'd say he's on the better end.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I have nothing against Grubb as a person but I am very tired of all of his "insider" stuff at this point.

Schwinner

Oct 28, 2017

Off topic rant but Yeah he did. Aaron Greenberg literally had to come out to say it was the complete opposite with Hi Fi Rush (that it wasn't a failure and a massive success). Also him saying May could be June before Summer Game Fest is like saying "Microsoft will have a presentation near Summer Game Fest" if that wasn't announced. It is gonna happen around then. Sony usually does a SOP and have done 1 showcase when before PS5 came out at that time (don't think it was called a showcase yet until that September). It is all very vague and people like Jason who actually talk directly to pubs/devs must be frustrated just hearing all these leakers who have some good sources/are right on those things and say a bunch of random thing that comes to them from whatever source (And I get that is his job. I am just mad at the system moreso of having to throw as much shit at the wall to keep doing your job. It sucks and needlessly spreads gossip and misinformation)

Regardless though and back on topic,
I am interested in what Sony is gonna do. I hope KOTOR is in a good place but who knows. Will be cool to see what Sony has.

Last edited:

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
I feel like Grubb's got a lot more right than he's got wrong over the years. He's reliable but it never hurts to treat any rumour with a healthy dose of skepticism.

On the scale of leakers/insiders though, I'd say he's on the better end.
Jokes aside I trust him because he got the last nintendo direct date right, and also knew about the last SOP and also knew it was going to be a let down. That's some pretty good accuracy right there I'd say he's on a roll atm.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
I've been guessing late may since the February State of Play, just a week or so before E3 would have been taking place.

Spider-Man 2 Gameplay + Release Date, Factions Gameplay + Release Date, and a FF7 Rebirth update would be my big 3, with the rumored PS5 Pro reveal being the cherry on top. Everything else is icing on the cake. I'm so hungry.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Jeff overall has a very good track record, especially with events. He also hasn't really wavered from this window since he first spoke about it a month or so ago.

Aaron Greenberg running PR doesn't change that.

The-JUV

Oct 25, 2017
my assumption is the Showcase is planned to happen before June 02, as I expect the Across the Spiderverse film releasing on June 02 to include a trailer for Spider-Man 2 which may be a condensed version of what is shown at the Showcase

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully they hint at PS5 Pro but it's Sony and their late marketing policies so I doubt. It's not MS where they annoucne their consoles a year and more in advance. The only time we gonna hear officially about PS5 Pro will be next March during GDC 2024 when devkits drop like with PS Neo, for Sony to announce it officially weeks before release like last time to not slow the momentum of the base PS5 sales. But we can expect discless PS5 and PS5 Slim to be announced at least during this event.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
wonder how many of there gaas games will be shown

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
I have nothing against Grubb as a person but I am very tired of all of his "insider" stuff at this point.

Yeah, I don't think each slight refinement of the same rumour warrants a new thread.

Edit: I'm not complaining about this thread, just the general way we consume these tidbits.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Jokes aside I trust him because he got the last nintendo direct date right, and also knew about the last SOP and also knew it was going to be a let down. That's some pretty good accuracy right there I'd say he's on a roll atm.

Yeah considering how most of the "rumours" that get posted on this site come from random Twitter accounts, or worse 4chan, and are believed without question, I don't understand why someone like Grubb is being doubted.

He at least has a track record which is more than you can say for most of the other stuff that gets posted here.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Is it though? Insomniac are magicians. Easily the best PS studio. Most anticipated PS exclusives are Spidey and Wolverine.

I feel like Wolverine will be there if it's a 2024 game, or maybe they only show it close to release even if it is next year, since they had the CGI trailer like with SM2 (same show). Who knows.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
wonder how many of there gaas games will be shown
Arrowhead and Firewalk games are probably safe bets, dunno about the others and TLoU Online may get its own separate reveal. Live service announcements aside they're also backlogged on SP announcements 1st party and XDev wise so will be interesting.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Hopefully they hint at PS5 Pro but it's Sony and their late marketing policies so I doubt. It's not MS where they annoucne their consoles a year and more in advance. The only time we gonna hear officially about PS5 Pro will be next March during GDC 2024 when devkits drop like with PS Neo, for Sony to announce it officially weeks before release like last time to not slow the momentum of the base PS5 sales. But we can expect discless PS5 and PS5 Slim to be announced at least during this event.

If a PS5 Pro is real, it'll be revealed closer to release. Announcing it now would just dampen the standard SKU demand/whatever this updated disc-less mainline model is per Tom.

WackoWambo

Jan 11, 2018
Jeff Grubb literally just got proven wrong by head of Xbox and y'all wanna put him on a pedestal? Lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.