• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
At 59:00 a viewer asked about Scarlet Nexus being on Game Pass.

Jeff said he heard about the game being available on Game Pass and also mentioned that big deals like this are usually made very late.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
With Outriders and MLB The Show I guess we can now expect third party deals every few months. Besides the Indies we already got before.

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
That wouldn't surprise me. SN seems to be one of those wacky Japanese games that usually don't sell very well on Xbox.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
They werent really hiding the fact considering how much MS is pushing the game. Makes sense and would be a good GP addition.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Phil has really made Xbox and Game Pass a great place for fans of Japanese games. Hope it's true. Looks good but not something I'd pre-order for $60.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has any of Jeff's predictions come true? I hear him talk a lot but dunno how many of the things he says end up as W's gor him.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
This is the kind of thing I especially don't like being leaked, because if it's wrong, it can severely fuck with a games sales.

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who doesn't have an Xbox, GP games that are in the service day-1 make me skip them entirely until they are bargain bin price, otherwise I feel like I am overpaying.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Would be neat. I'd try the full game if it were part of my subscription, but as-is, it does feel like something I can pass on.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
Don't play me like that Jeffy GrubGrub. I played the demo and it went from a "eh" to a "day one buy" If this is on game pass even better

hog

Mar 9, 2021
Oh awesome. Bet they confirm that at E3.

Heard the dualsense stuff on PS5 is really good for this but I'm not going to buy a copy just for that if it's on GP. Was going to try the demo soon but I'll just hold off and play it properly when it's out.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
That wouldn't surprise me. SN seems to be one of those wacky Japanese games that usually don't sell very well on Xbox.
Bingo. These games usually sell a lot better on PS. We have seen cases were more than 50% of sales are on PS.

Feels like it would be a good deal for everyone, I just played the demo and didn't enjoy it that much, but I would give the game a chance on Gamepass.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who doesn't have an Xbox, GP games that are in the service day-1 make me skip them entirely until they are bargain bin price, otherwise I feel like I am overpaying.
Respectfully this is silly. Gamepass isn't free, you still have to pay a subscription and even then how do you feel about multi platform releases that are always significantly cheaper on PC? Do you skip those as well?

Thankfully you seen to be a small minority since GP doesn't seem to negatively impact game sales until now.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
You can assume it won't be PC, 100%. I don't think PC ever had a third party game at launch on Game Pass?

VermillionA

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 29, 2019
Due to them getting Japanese games on the service it's also kind of changed my thinking in regards to them because now I look at things such as Scarlet Nexus and am reluctant to purchase because I think they'll just end up on the service within a year.
Well, that was sooner than I thought :P

Hope it's true.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
yesssssssssss

wouldn't be too surprising as allt he marketing has been xbox focused after all

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
It's had a lot. If you somehow don't include indies, then it's still had several.
It has. Crusader Kings 3 is probably the most notable one.
Do you remember which ones? I looked through the list of GP PC games, and I was wrong by saying there weren't any, but only ones I remember now are CK3, Wasteland 3 and Spiritfarer? A lot of them are definitely indie, while Xbox gets a lot more big titles.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Hope that Tales of Arise gets the same treatment, so I can pick it up physically for cheaper later down the line

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I hope this is true since otherwise rumours about Gamepass games have the potential to mess with sales negatively. I'd definitely check it out on Gamepass since the demo got me interested but didn't plan to get it right away.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
You can assume it won't be PC, 100%. I don't think PC ever had a third party game at launch on Game Pass?

Dragon Quest XI S?

Yakuza 6 and the Remastered Collection. The Medium.

Crusader Kings 3 was a real big one.

I think the new Dark Alliance game is coming to both console and PC day one next month?

Last edited:

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Do you remember which ones? I looked through the list of GP PC games, and I was wrong by saying there weren't any, but only ones I remember now are CK3, Wasteland 3 and Spiritfarer? A lot of them are definitely indie, while Xbox gets a lot more big titles.
Dragon Quest XI:S
The Medium
Call of the Sea
Carrion
Carto
Cyber Shadow
Drake Hollow
Haven
Ikenfell
Monster Sanctuary
Morkredd
Narita Boy

...and more. Can't be bothered going through the rest.

Notable Namco Bandai game Dragon Quest XI S?

I think Octopath Traveller was day one on PC Game Pass wasn't it?
Octopath Traveler was on Steam for like a year by that point.

plastic love

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 19, 2019
This is the kind of thing I especially don't like being leaked, because if it's wrong, it can severely fuck with a games sales.
Does it though? The developers still get paid for putting their game on Game Pass, same if a game launches day one on PS+ and they are still successful (Rocket League, Fall Guys, for example).

Edit: I misunderstood their post, apologies.

Last edited:

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
These are all late ports entirely facilated by Game Pass I'd assume outside of CK3.

Dark Alliance, CK3 and The Medium aren't.

Solasta is another that came to PC Game Pass day one last week.

All I'm saying is that 'no notable third party game has ever come to PC Game Pass day one' isn't true. No reason Scarlet Nexus couldn't. It might not, but there's no reason it can't.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
But gamepass doesn't negatively affect sales so why would the rumor of it being on gamepass affect it?
Does it though? The developers still get paid for putting their game on Game Pass, same if a game launches day one on PS+ and they are still successful (Rocket League, Fall Guys, for example).
I mean, Remedy wasn't happy after people thought Control was teased and it didn't happen. It's a lose/lose for the game because you piss off the folks who thought it was coming and get none of the exposure from having a wider release.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Remedy wasn't happy after people thought Control was teased and it didn't happen. It's a lose/lose for the game because you piss off the folks who thought it was coming and get none of the exposure from having a wider release.
Well suppose he is wrong and it releases and it's not on GP at launch. Wouldn't the people who held off on buying it just simply buy it?

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Tried the demo last night and they had a purchase waiting from me. Id definitely take it on gamepass. The combat was fun and I'm interested in where the upgrades take you.