• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I thought NateDrake came through with the quick "relax this isn't a big deal" in the other thread?

edit: Ok cool someone quoted him above.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
There's literally no way that GameStop is "not allowed" to sell Switch units until June 15th. Does GameXplain realize how ridiculous that sounds? Maybe they should walk into a GameStop tonight and try to buy a Switch to verify their reporting lol

I'm sure corporate would love to hold off on any potential Switch sales until a price drop and/or new system is announced, making less money in the process!

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There's literally no way that GameStop is "not allowed" to sell Switch units until June 15th. Does GameXplain realize how ridiculous that sounds? Maybe they should walk into a GameStop tonight and try to buy a Switch to verify their reporting lol
I worked at Best Buy in Canada a few years ago, and there was at least one instance where we were prohibited from selling any new Switch units that came in until a certain date, despite them just being the same model as always.
Not saying GX is being accurate here, just that this did happen once, but again that was like three years ago, lol

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Gamestop doubling up on staff means you will have 2 people working not one. This would happen every e3 and major nintendo announcements as they will have preorders set to go live and trade in deals. it's nothing new I worked there.

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Called my local GameStop. They said they had Switch Lite models available to buy in store.
Thanks for calling and thereby probably debunking GameXplain's information. Unless the store didn't get the memo yet?

Seems weird that GameStop would abstain from selling Switch inventory they have on hand. Why? It's nonsensical.

metal

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
A special edition Zelda Switch Pro would be one way to get me to buy the Pro at launch.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago

GameXplain said that GameStop received some Zelda 35th anniversary posters and has a picture of them. They also said that GameStop cannot sell Switch or Switch Lite units until Tuesday for some reason. Looks like Zelda's 35th anniversary celebration is starting at E3 and not in a separate presentation later down the line!

Jesus, talk about irresponsible reporting. GX sure has gone downhill.

Like let alone basic fact checking, this report is lacking basic common sense. Halting the sales of a console during peak news period? Let alone... when its... literally available on their site right now?

Plus, they claim to have an "inside source" yet he is echoing news we've already seen direct proof of on twitter (the two day event), and the new poster piece "can't be confirmed". What kind of inside source is that?

Where's the poster. I'm not watching a video for an image.
They didn't even show it, nor can they confirm it's real lol

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
GameStop exclusivity is the absolute worst for any given item because their website always crashes under load, it's impossible to use power up points online (certainly not in the span of time if you get a rare item in your cart), and in-store is just the creepiest customer base and (rightfully) apathetic employees. They never seem to restock rarities and they frequently hold them for preferred customers and friends. I've been the beneficiary of that preferential treatment but it's generally pretty shitty. I'd take any other retailer getting exclusive content over GameStop.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
If anything my guess would just be holding back some stock to ensure they have stuff to sell next week, when they can push pre-orders of new titles alongside new console sales.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
So this is a big nothing burger after all? Maybe some posters but it seems insane to me that any new game, or especially hardware, would be preselling at Gamestop and it wouldn't leak by now.

RennanNT

Dec 2, 2020
If anything my guess would just be holding back some stock to ensure they have stuff to sell next week, when they can push pre-orders of new titles alongside new console sales.
That's the only explanation so far which makes sense to me (besides it not being true). Would explain why they're being selective on where they sell it too.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus, talk about irresponsible reporting. GX sure has gone downhill.

Like let alone basic fact checking, this report is lacking basic common sense. Halting the sales of a console during peak news period? Let alone... when its... literally available on their site right now?

Plus, they claim to have an "inside source" yet he is echoing news we've already seen direct proof of on twitter (the two day event), and the new poster piece "can't be confirmed". What kind of inside source is that?

They didn't even show it, nor can they confirm it's real lol

All of this not to mention all the stuff which came out regarding Andre mistreating his employees, yeah GameXplain is pretty much trash now.

SirShorse

Jul 16, 2020
Curious that for the right poster, they're only using BOTW, WWHD, TPHD and OoT 3D designs repeated, while the left poster features a lot more designs. Could this possibly hint at the fact OOT3D to HD is now a part of the WWHD/TPHD bundle?

EDIT: I thought those were two sides of the same poster, but they're different, so I edited my wording.

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
Curious that for the right poster, they're only using BOTW, WWHD, TPHD and OoT 3D designs repeated, while the left poster features a lot more designs. Could this possibly hint at the fact OOT3D to HD is now a part of the WWHD/TPHD bundle?

EDIT: I thought those were two sides of the same poster, but they're different, so I edited my wording.
I doubt it hints at anything at all. Its just the images the marketing team felt like using for throwaway 35th anniversary swag.

SunnyD

Dec 3, 2017
Should I be concerned that these posters have no indication of BOTW2 which would certainly be a central part of the 35th Anniversary celebration?

Bohemian

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for sharing. The image on the right is especially focused on the 3D games, which are rumored for re-release. Maybe just a design choice though.
He followed up:

They're just recycling a poster from the 30th anniversary lol, so wouldn't put too much stock in layout/design choices.

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017

The right side represents SS as well.
That's Hero of Time Link on the right. Not a fan of that render, though I think it's new so Ocarina of Time HD?
No, it's Twilight Princess Link based on his updated look from Smash 4. As others have pointed out, it's not a new render either.
He followed up:

They're just recycling a poster from the 30th anniversary lol, so wouldn't put too much stock in layout/design choices.

Eh - the general design is from the 30th but they've changed up the artwork inside. Byrne didn't appear in the 30th stuff, for example.