• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If this holds up, this is what I've been expecting for a bit (Late 2023 reveal & Early 2024 release). The next 3D Mario will probably be the marquee launch title.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Worth noting: He specifically said what he heard was a rumor, and that he couldn't 100% verify this rumor, please don't take this as verbatim. It's a rumor of a rumor and nothing more but it's semi-exciting to see that he's at least heard something as well that may potentially fall in line with that 4Chan rumor.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Worth noting: He specifically said what he heard was a rumor, please don't take this as verbatim. It's a rumor of a rumor and nothing more but it's semi-exciting to see that he's at least heard something as well that may potentially fall in line with that 4Chan rumor.
so you're saying it's time for a new 20min video with a clickbait face

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Worth noting: He specifically said what he heard was a rumor, and that he couldn't 100% verify this rumor, please don't take this as verbatim. It's a rumor of a rumor and nothing more but it's semi-exciting to see that he's at least heard something as well that may potentially fall in line with that 4Chan rumor.
So it's a sign, but nothing rock-solid just yet (or as solid as rumors can be, anyway).

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
That aligns with how the Switch was revealed. It was officially revealed in October 2016 and it released in March the following year. I expect the same for its successor.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Jeff: "Please don't write headlines about it because you'd be writing about a rumor of a rumor."

971893002375147530.webp

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
so you're saying it's time for a new 20min video with a clickbait face
youtube-thumbnail-reaction-face.jpg

So it's a sign, but nothing rock-solid just yet (or as solid as rumors can be, anyway).
Yeah, pretty much. It's why I wanted to immediately point this out before this thread takes off. It's a sign and take it as nothing more than that. I don't want Grubb, who specifically said to NOT write headlines about this (which is why I didn't make this thread lol), to get unnecessary hate. He heard things. He couldn't or hasn't verified them 100% yet and he made this known as he was saying things. Keep expectations in check y'all!
"JEFF LIED, PEOPLE DIED"
lmaooooooooooooooo

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018

The 4chan rumor is that its coming late 2023, not that it will be announced then

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Yeah, pretty much. It's why I wanted to immediately point this out before this thread takes off. It's a sign and take it as nothing more than that. I don't want Grubb, who specifically said to NOT write headlines about this (which is why I didn't make this thread lol), to get unnecessary hate. He heard things. He couldn't or hasn't verified them 100% yet and he made this known as he was saying things. Keep expectations in check y'all!
Understandable. It's at least nice to have a glimmer of hope, even if it's not as tangible as we'd hope at the moment.

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
My money is on Switch 2 releasing in Q1 2024 with 3D Mario or Prime 4 as the flagship title. Mario Kart 10 will be the holiday title.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
I hope the next Nintendo console is not a Switch, but something completely new. The era rage will be potent and I'll get my popcorn.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Hey Im interested after that pokemon leak, Id love it to be true especially if it runs the new zelda better.

Would make me prefer them to delay zelda tbh, or let us know before zelda launches.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
This is more or less what I've been expecting. Late 2023 announcement, early-mid 2024 release. There were only 5 months between Switch's official reveal and its launch. They'd been talking about NX for longer than that, but that doesn't mean they'd do the same this time. Nowadays they seem more inclined towards shorter hype cycles.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
The 4chan rumor is that its coming late 2023, not that it will be announced then
Well, yeah I know. The point is that he heard things that potentially do fall in line with this rumor but he hasn't been able to verify them. Regardless, things are looking like they COULD line up as we've all hoped and dreamed
Understandable. It's at least nice to have a glimmer of hope, even if it's not as tangible as we'd hope at the moment.
Yep. I just don't want this thread to take off without disclaimer because
1) It's only fair to Grubb
2) It sets a much better clarification regarding what he heard and said exactly

Trust me, as someone who's been wanting a Switch Pro for so long to finally upgrade my launch model, I want this to be true I really do but I'm only willing to take things as a grain of salt until we get more details or hear more from Grubb if he's able to verify his sources/rumors

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
The 4chan rumor said alongside DLC2, which is Winter 2023. That technically goes up to March 2024, with the eShop placeholder going all the way to April.

The fact that it used ¨2023¨ made it definitive it was this year though. I mean, 2024 is a different year entirely. This isn´t like SE when they sad ¨next Winter¨ without a year for FFVII Reunion.

Well, yeah I know. The point is that he heard things that potentially do fall in line with this rumor but he hasn't been able to verify them. Regardless, things are looking like they COULD line up as we've all hoped and dreamed

Yeah, either way there is too much smoke. With GDC a few weeks away we will be hearing a lot more

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Late in the year announcement for an early next year release is always foolish since you're kneecapping your holiday season.

AnimeAvatar

Apr 28, 2021
I mean, if Nintendo's releasing a new console within the next year they gotta announce it to investors pretty soon, right? I guess we'll see.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Late in the year announcement for an early next year release is always foolish since you're kneecapping your holiday season.
Well, right now we know nothing about Nintendo's Fall-Winter 2023 besides Pokemon Scarlet/Violet DLC. That's it. That's all that's announced. And earlier this year, we heard rumors from VGC (I believe? Correct me on this if I'm wrong y'all), that Nintendo internally sees TOTK as the final big Switch game. I could easily see a July announcement with a November-December release for the Holiday Season so it's the big ticket item for this Christmas.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
I hope it's a Quest-like headset. (I know the likelihood of this happening is very low right now, but I do think Nintendo will get into VR someday).

Spec bump aside, I don't know what more they could do with the Switch concept to make it stand out as a true Switch successor. Simply making a 4k Switch may excite era, but I think much of the world is kind of over the general Switch concept. Plus, I mean, fuck, Switch games look great as it is, so do most Nintendo fans care if they're in 4k? (again, not talking about era) I'm dubious. Like you, I've thought for a long time that Nintendo will take the plunge to VR someday.