• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
The two games in question :
Fable and Perfect Dark won't be there.

Otherwise the Xbox showcase is locked down, this time last year he knew the whole show. This time he doesn't know anything, he also mentioned the Minecraft RTS is real and was pulled from the E3 show last year.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't expect either of those games to be at the show. I guess it's good he doesn't know much, will be nice to be surprised.

Other details from his talk:

- Goldeneye should release soon, may shadow drop, may not. Game was supposed to be released earlier this year, but was put on hold due to the war.
- Apparently 1v100 is happening and may even shadow drop.
- Thinks we should see Avowed gameplay.

Doesn't know much more.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny that Jeff Grubb not knowing what is there is the lead. Didn't expect Fable or PD there anyways.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We still get Starfield and Avowed, pretty good tbh.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Microsoft isn't playing around, probably only a select few know what is going to happen this Sunday.

Still couple of more days to navigate for them though.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
I don't care about Perfect Dark but I'm a little bit disappointed in not seeing Fable.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Not shocked but still a huge bummer. Fable was announced way back in 2020 and won't be out until 2024 at the earliest.

Microsoft should really stop announcing games so early.

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
Well thats new. Something not getting leaked is surprising nowadays

Hoping for a good one. I have long forgotten Fable btw

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Those are probably the two games most would have expected not to be there right? They both seem years out at this point.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Perfect Dark I am not surprised by but still no Fable is somewhat shocking. When did they announce that again? Two years ago?

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
OP deliberately put the two games in spoiler tags, first 2 posts immediately spoil one of them. I'm not personally bothered, but that's pretty funny.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Yeah, not shocked to hear this to be honest lol

Now why would you put this without spoilers when the OP does? (I'm pointing it out before you get yelled at by other people lmao)
I know hindsight is 20/20 but considering the post immediately after that references a game randomly and it's existence as a joke, and everyone in the thread is referring to said games, I don't think it really matters

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
so....he has absolutely no idea what will be there, but somehow he knows 2 games wont be?? So what your saying is...theres still a chance ;-)

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I know hindsight is 20/20 but considering the post immediately after that references a game randomly and it's existence as a joke, and everyone in the thread is referring to said games, I don't think it really matters
You're not wrong. I'll edit my post lol, I was just trying to be nice and look out for other people who may get annoyed by this

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Fable was announced way too early, would be great if we don't see shit like that in the showcase.

Bigfellahull

Prophet of Truth
Mar 6, 2018
Thats the Microsoft First Party way of doing it, apparently.

Not really. Fable was leaked before Playground was even aquired. Whats the point pretending at that point? They showed a GCI trailer to confirm the leak.

I imagine it's incredibly difficult for very large teams to keep things secret. Especially when trying to build a brand new team and hire lots of new staff.