• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was wondering when we'd get a look at this. Hopefully there's some gameplay footage incoming.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
EA could've had a killer June showcase with Wild Hearts, NFS Unbound, SW Jedi Survivor, Dead Space Remake and The Sims 5 and they opted for this staggered released of footage and info. Weird.

December means it's 100% locked for TGA, alongside Dragon Age Dreadwolf

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
EA could've had a killer June showcase with Wild Hearts, NFS Unbound, SW Jedi Survivor, Dead Space Remake and The Sims 5 and they opted for this staggered released of footage and info. Weird.

I mean it takes time to put something like that together, developers need to make trailers, gameplay demos etc. and maybe they felt they wanted to focus on the actual development first and have these shortened promotion periods instead?

I'm sure it won't impact Jedi's sales at all.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Hopefully they tighten up the combat and make sure this is not super buggy like the previous one was. One of the buggiest huge AAA releases in a long time for me.
What's even worse is that it's still bugged! They just dropped trying to actually fix it.
you'd think that with the big success the game was they'd be sure to polish it up, but nope.
I started playing the console version last year and was kinda shocked to find it was still so buggy.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
If they made this game more linear and less back and forth, I think I'd be more hyped for this game. I loved the opening section of the first game but quickly got bored of trudging back and further as the game wore on.

But I do appreciate the short marketing cycle. That is definitely a positive.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Something should be presented when it's done or done enough they feel confident in showing off parts of the game. We don't need years of short peaks that might change in the course of years or even removed/canceled.

"Here's our in game in this trailer, see you in a few months!" is the perfect marketing period. Enough time to get and stay excited and not too long to be waiting for it,

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
EA getting Nintendo-like with their PR strategy -- let folks speculate, don't actually show the game until 3 months before, launch. Can't really argue with it. It's a winning strategy for Nintendo, that's for sure.

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
Much prefer the shorter marketing cycle. I really enjoyed the first game so really looking forward to this. Next year is insanely stacked.

Oct 27, 2017
March? The month of RE4? And with Wo Long coming in the first part of 2023 as well, I can't imagine myself having any room for it especially with how mid the first game was.

Anson225

Oct 26, 2017
The first game never clicked for me. I'm fighting animals more than the Empire, dropped it once the backtracking starts.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Been thinking on this. Considering that Cal is not mentioned in the OT and later, I do wonder if EA will kill him off in this as some sort of twist.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019

Cheaper on the marketing and PR side probably. Let's the teams and agencies have time to have the right creatives and content ready for the blowout. It's also more productive too. It's the age of social media, as long as they flood the marketing material near launch, they'll be justified on their ROI potentially.