• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Stole this text from reddit since it is a good summarize of this small part of his podcast

On his latest podcast, Jeff responds to a question asking what Motive is working on after their new IP got cancelled to which he responds "I cannot say". He then says that its something that'll "make you happy". Mike says that its an established IP with which Jeff agrees with.

Around 45 minutes(it should go straight to this part)

And then a couple minutes ago :

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Please be a top-down/isometric squad based tactics game, and not a FPS!

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
When he hinted that they're working on an existing EA IP, I couldn't really think of what it would be based on the way he was talking about it. Syndicate seems to be a good fit.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd love it of Motive got to be EA's sort of mid tier dev that gets to do stuff like this and Squadrons without needing to sell 5 million.

Nov 8, 2017
If he says "I can't say" then posts that it's Syndicate 3 in response to wild speculation on his comments, that obviously reads as a joke. Syndicate is a nothing franchise in 2021 (I'm not saying they're not classics!). I really don't think he's hinting at all that it's Syndicate.

Dega

Oct 25, 2017
I thought C&C but then I also thought I don't want EA making a new C&C.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
If it's an internal IP it shouldn't be hard to narrow down. EA has a massive portfolio but a large volume of its properties have shifted out of memory and good standing within the general gaming consensus. Something that will "make people happy" to me implies something relatively well known and revered, rather than a beloved but nevertheless niche IP that would only be recognised by the lingering cult fandom.

If it's an external IP it'd imply EA has licensed something from somewhere. Star Wars is well off the table in my opinion, but maybe something else that people have long desired to see translated to gaming (like a film or literature property), and as an IP has a strong public profile. I don't really know what that could be though. Warner has the next big Harry Potter, Marvel stuff floats around between devs (and The Avengers is exhausted), Star Wars is now and open book and EA working on another one wouldn't be a surprise.

What I'm saying is I'm pretty sure this is an open world Jurassic Park survival horror, and a spiritual successor to Trespasser.

cursed beef

Jan 3, 2021
SSX, Dead Space, and Mirror's Edge are my three "never happening" EA IPs that I'd kill for

Dead Space has a shot given how horror games are mad popular on Twitch, and I can see EA looking at the good sales on Tony Hawk and bringing SSX back (prob depending on how Skate reboot does) but god Mirror's Edge feels like it's done forever after that last one bombed in every possible way.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
a new syndicate would make people happy? i remember people not liking the sequels much, and not many people remember the first game still

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
that Syndicate 2012 fps was very good. It also had quite the underated multiplayer mode.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
tenor.gif

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dead Space or bust.

I've got zero faith whatever it is sees the light of day with the current state of EA.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just can't see EA making a relatively large budget game like Syndicate these days

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
If he says "I can't say" then posts that it's Syndicate 3 in response to wild speculation on his comments, that obviously reads as a joke. Syndicate is a nothing franchise in 2021 (I'm not saying they're not classics!). I really don't think he's hinting at all that it's Syndicate.

Syndicate was a nothing franchise in 2012 as well, let's be fair

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Only way I would be interested in a new Syndicate is if it like the original games and not another FPS.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Blasphemous Take: I hope it's either a TPS or FPS with sweet ass hacking abilities. I had a lot of fun with that FPS Syndicate game.