• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Feb 21, 2022 at 12:00 AM

I was surprised nobody made a thread for this yesterday, but here it is.

Source: Giant Bomb

Last edited:

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
Let's hope the art style is better. If you don't play SFV on high settings it looks like ass.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Biggest hopes:
  • Mulitplatform
  • Rollback Netcode
  • Maintain Crossplay
  • Doesn't look fugly
  • Has a good soundtrack
Don't care much about roster tbh.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Well so much for that Monday surprise lol.

Expecting it to be multiplattform - as in PC/PS/Xbox.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully coming to Xbox and to GP (even a year later is fine by me).

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
SFV looks great and is still the best animated modern fighter out there

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I strongly believe that a "good Street Fighter" is important to a healthy gaming culture and I hope this is a good one that really hits it big.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lets-go.gif

So ready to see it!

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
Please look good. Please have budget. Please have some fucking budget in a fighting game for once (outside of mortal kombat).

Please. I love this genre. It's the first genre of game I ever got into as a small boy and the decline of it has been sad to witness. Only Netherrealms swing out any real production values into fighting games these days and their games I don't actually like to play even if I have a huge respect for them.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
That's never going to happen.
Oh shit you are right. Maybe they'd have the balls for that without all the pandemic stuff ever existing but as it is? No way in hell. Sadly. Very sadly, as I don't think they will do a proper next gen fighting game for next gen only and just ride out SFVI for the next 8 years as is the custom now. We'll never see what they could whip out in the genre without being constrained. Tech nerd in me is sadge now.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Please please please current gen only

Excited to see the art style

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully only nextgen and multiplatform this time.
I honestly expect cross gen, considering how many PS4s and Xbox One's there are. But obviously boosted for PS5/Series X|S and PC. Would also love to see a Switch version, if possible, kinda like how they downported MK 11 to Switch.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I think the capjams tweet basically confirmed it for me lol

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
I hope Street Fighter V being a success means they've given SFVI enough of a budget to be a polished product from day one.

I'll be buying it either way, obviously.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
I love SFV dearly but I am so excited to see what current Capcom can do with SF6. They've been firing on all cylinders for years now, can't wait.

GlamPrime

Banned
Nov 1, 2021
Considering this end of the year for the launch, it'll be two years since the new consoles are in the market.

It is still never going to happen.

Oh shit you are right. Maybe they'd have the balls for that without all the pandemic stuff ever existing but as it is? No way in hell. Sadly. Very sadly, as I don't think they will do a proper next gen fighting game for next gen only and just ride out SFVI for the next 8 years as is the custom now. We'll never see what they could whip out in the genre without being constrained. Tech nerd in me is sadge now.

The FGC puritan in me wants to believe and wishes it were otherwise... But yeah this is pretty much on the money.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The FGC puritan in me wants to believe and wishes it were otherwise... But yeah this is pretty much on the money.
Back when the game was originally planned for 2021, it would've made sense. Now, I'm not sure they would want to keep supporting PS4 & XB1 until 2028. And cutting off last-gen support halfway through will likely cause backlash. Plus Capcom is seemingly not afraid to make other 2023 games current-gen only (RE4make, Pragmata, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.