• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
Currently streaming right now. Obviously take all of this with a grain of salt.

Elden Ring pls

Thanks to solis74 for this.
great overview of the Grubb podcast by DEOGAME from Xboxera

I'm listening to Grubb. We need the full story here.

• He thinks Elden Ring will not be at the Xbox Show.
  • Ink has yet to dry on Xbox/Kojima so an E3 reveal is unlikely. Jeff is however very confident it will still go through and be announced at the TGAs as they need to schedule appearances, marketing, etc. and they don't want to rush things and possibly risk the deal (my inference).
  • Hellblade 2 not coming, Jeff suspects this is because they don't want to fall into the "CG Trailer trap".
  • Reaffirms Starfield is exclusive. 2022 release. But it will be at E3.
  • He does expect Starfield gameplay at E3 (Proven's question!).
  • Thinks Hellblade 2 is before Project Mara. He says Hellblade 2 is coming a little bit later than we think due to UE5. They wanna take time to make it a "showcase game".
  • The Xbox and Bethesda show has come together due to Bethesda wanting to hold some cards closer to their chest for later like they do instead of reveals like Ghostwire 3 years before and less crunch. He wouldn't expect a ton. Starfield, 1 new game (Deo: My guess is probably Omen), maybe something else. Less hopeful for Wolfenstein 3 later this year/early next year.
  • He expects more back compat and resolution boost, but likely announced before E3 as E3 will be about more of the new games (namedrops Halo, FH5 and Starfield).
  • Nothing new he knows about Omen. Probably not as far off as people are expecting. Should hear a lot in the next year or two.
  • Expects more Square Enix games in Game Pass. Maybe get some day one if they pay enough.
  • He has lost the thread on WB. He thinks it may increase the chance of sales for WB Games but he does not know exactly. IP Licensing is still likely to be the big holdup. May be more cost effective to just make new studios (Deo: but good counterpoints to this in our acquisition thread).
  • Thinks THPS is unlikely to come back for a good while.
  • Xbox's 2022 looks "pretty good". Starfield, maybe Omen, some surprises. He thinks they will really hit their stride in 2023 with a big drop, 2024 even bigger. 4-5 Massive AAA in a year. All of this stuff is in addition to Third Parties and ID@Xbox. He thinks if you like where Game Pass is now, you'll love it even more in 2022 and 2023 and then by 2024 it's gonna be… like wow. It's just gonna keep getting better. He thinks the price will eventually go up due to inflation but not by much anytime soon because the licensing and production fees are lower vs something like Netflix that needs 10s of thousands of licensed and new content.
  • PlayStation's lineup will keep getting better too but will cost a lot for consumer.
  • No GTAVI trailer.
  • Marvel vs DC from Netherrealm is possible.
  • God of War Ragnarok is probably cross-gen.
  • Chance of Battlefield VI on Game Pass.
  • Doesn't know if the rumours of Battlefield VI being MP only is true but doubts.
  • Everwild at E3? Probably not, but he gives no other comment.
  • He says Starfield is probably crossgen. He says this was likely a decision made by Zenimax before hand but helps MS. Hopes not but thinks theres a chance. Says it won't harm the game just cause headaches for the devs but apparently the devs are confident.
  • Tunic at E3? Hopes but he does not know.
  • Prince of Persia is possibly in a legal limbo with Ubisoft paying a partial license which may be why they focus on AC.
  • He says Lucasfilm Games probably has more planned.
  • Hopes Riders Republic is this year.
  • He will do 2 E3 Prediction Shows. But notes if a game is not at E3 not to worry too much as Covid is just "the nature of the beast".
  • He thinks they'll reveal date of E3 show next week.
  • He thinks no Switch Pro at E3. Later this year if it launches this year, which he thinks is possible.
  • Thinks we hear about BOTW 2.

Last edited:

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
That's weird, Hellblade II was the first title revealed and alongside the console reveal.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Btw, he said that Elden Ring won't be at XBOX Conference, there is still a small chance that it appears on Bandai show, although he also finds this unlikely.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
Sad about everwild, I really want more info on that game. But they probably want to have a good impression after sea of thieves launch, the game is great now, but the way the game launched caused a lot of negative PR.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
No everwild would be a bit disappointing. I'm ok with the other two. No avowed? Yea...that would've been a big damper.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Everything was delayed.

rather, announced far too early and years away, with COVID being a factor too of course.

Jan 4, 2018
First Hellblade and Sea of Thieves were revealed 3 years before release for comparison.

Last edited:

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm convinced that Hellblade 2 trailer was not running in real-time in-engine on a Series X. It was just way too early.

I'll be playing it on my Series X and would love to be wrong but I really doubt it was.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
On one hand would be disappointed in not seeing more of them - but if this Xbox refocusing on showing gameplay of games coming out in the next year - then probably for the best.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I get Covid and all, but two full years without an update on Elden Ring is really lame.

I just hope there will be a proper next-gen version at launch, at least.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
If there is a time for Jeff Grubb to be wrong about something, please let it be now and specifically in regards to Elden Ring.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I don't know why people are trying to convince themselves that E3 is a big deal in 2021. Every one of these announcements, and Silksong, and everything else will get a "sounds about right" reaction from me.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
aaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Elden Ring not being there at E3 at all might be questionable but at Xbox's event? yeah probably not cuz they have a shit ton of first party now to sift through

Last edited:

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I didnt expect Elden Ring or Hellblade 2 but no Everwild is disappointing. I expected a gameplay deep dive on that.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
With them wanting to focus on showing more gameplay then it makes sense that we wont see some games. Jusr show me halo and ill be happy

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
It was fun having the teasers trailers to build excitement, but if they're not ready to show by E3, then don't show them. Wait till they're ready.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Another one bites the dust....
Can someone make a list of what xbox games are currently in development?

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Hellblade definitely feels like it's a way more ambitious game so as the new investment rolled, I think they sought to expand the scope of the game. still weird for them to announce the game so early in late 2019 if that was the case.

OP
OP
Biosnake

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
A friendly PSA from your friendly press sneak fuck: if you see headlines like "Halo Infinite delayed out of 2021???" or "Jason Schreier says BOTW2 coming this fall?!?!?!" or really anything involving game release dates that are more than a month or two away, ignore them.

During the pandemic, it's safe to assume no release date is solid until the game is actually downloading on your console. (OK, if we're a week out and the release date hasn't changed, you can probably count on it.) A bunch of people here and on other forums apparently freaked out over me saying over the weekend that I wasn't sure that Halo Infinite and Starfield would come this fall, which suggests that a lot of those folks think that the landscape is a lot more stable than it actually is. Nobody knows anything. Even in the best of times, game developers' timelines are entirely based on educated guesses. During Covid, throw the "educated" part out the window. Madden 22 and Call of Duty Sledgehammer might brute-force their way into coming out on time, but as we've already seen with several big titles over the past few months (Hogwarts Legacy, Gotham Knights etc), most big games are going to be delayed this year if they haven't already been. Just keep that in mind as we get through the year, and enjoy catching up on your backlog. It's always a good time to replay Hollow Knight...
remember