• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nahbac

Nov 11, 2018
Zelda DLC announcement maybe? Can't think of anything else they'll have there that isn't announced especially with the switch successor seeming to be coming next year

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So nothing in June because they have something in July, interesting. Although I wonder if it'll be before or after Pikmin 4 drops.

Hopefully it's not just a Partners Showcase.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
Feels like it'll be Partner Showcase, similar to last year that happened much later than usual (E3 week). Not to mention, this rumor:
www.resetera.com

[Famitsu] "A number of highly anticipated titles are scheduled to be released by third parties" on Nintendo Switch (Current Fiscal Year)

https://www.famitsu.com/news/202305/31303939.html What are you expecting? Will Dragon Quest 3 HD-2D Remake finally make a reappearance? Is the Switch finally underground enough for Yakuza? Bloodborne?!
I'm pretty sure that famitsu thing was just generic PR fluff not pointing to anything specific.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Partner showcase makes sense. I think they're gonna have more small-medium announcements that get relegated to Twitter drops.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
The title should say that he mentioned that he thinks may be something like a partner showcase or mini

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
Fair enough, still feel like it'll likely be a Partner Showcase to get through contractual obligations without Nintendo showing their hand too much for Switch 2.
Would be nice. I'm not sure what to make of the video though because he seems pretty non-committal. Paraphrasing but he basically said sounds like something is happening but don't be surprised if it doesn't.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Zelda DLC announcement maybe? Can't think of anything else they'll have there that isn't announced especially with the switch successor seeming to be coming next year

We know absolutely nothing officially post-July other than Metroid Prime 4 at some point. So they'll certainly not just stop releasing games for the next 8+ months.

What else we could potentially see (based on rumors):

• F-Zero GX (remake/remaster)
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (remake/remaster)
  • Twilight Princess & The Wind Waker (remakes/remasters)
  • Metroid Prime 2 & 3 (remakes/remasters)
  • New Donkey Kong (2D or 3D)
  • New 2D Mario

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I think a Nindies showcase makes sense. They aren't going to do anything big before new switch.

Nahbac

Nov 11, 2018
We know absolutely nothing officially post-July other than Metroid Prime 4 at some point. So they'll certainly not just stop releasing games for the next 8+ months.

• New 2D Mario
2D Mario I feel like would wait for the Switch 2 and be cross gen but everything else there is plausible

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo UK put up a little "enter your email if you want news about Metroid Prime 4 when it happens" page yesterday, so something is coming.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
2D Mario I feel like would wait for the Switch 2 and be cross gen but everything else there is plausible
2D Mario honestly feels like the kind of game Nintendo would use on the current Switch as its last huge seller to ride the system into the sunset, especially since they almost certainly have 3D Mario waiting in the chamber to be the Switch 2's marquee launch title.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
kung-fu-panda-oogway-closing-eyes-fpv13t35wlpx8dma.gif

A Zelda themed direct with Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD and TOTK DLC.

sad-crying.gif

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

• New 2D Mario
I honestly think we'll get Prime 4 before the remasters of 2 & 3. I've mentioned this numerous times, but the fact that Prime 1 Remastered was shadow-dropped after Nintendo sat on the game for nearly 2 years makes me think that Prime 4 isn't too far off.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
I honestly think we'll get Prime 4 before the remasters of 2 & 3. I've mentioned this numerous times, but the fact that Prime 1 Remastered was shadow-dropped after Nintendo sat on the game for nearly 2 years makes me think that Prime 4 isn't too far off.

This is based on absolutely nothing, but imho Prime 1 Remaster was sat on for so long because Nintendo wanted to give enough time for the Prime 2 & 3 Remasters to be finished. Rumors suggest Prime 4 will release sometime early 2024, so I think we'll see Prime 2 & 3 Remasters this year.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
I really wouldn't be surprised if Metroid Prime 4 is moved to the Switch successor. And quick and dirty upscaled ports of Metroid Prime 2 and 3 on Switch, probably sold separately.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona

• New 2D Mario
Are there any actual rumors regarding the Zelda HD duo? I'd heard/seen varying degrees of rumbling about the others, but not those.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I really wouldn't be surprised if Metroid Prime 4 is moved to the Switch successor. And quick and dirty upscaled ports of Metroid Prime 2 and 3 on Switch, probably sold separately.
The game was already promised for the Switch 1. And if Nintendo didn't go back on their word for BotW on Wii U, they definitely won't do so now.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
We essentially know Prime 2 and 3 were *planned* to have full remasters of the same scope as Prime 1, and we do know Prime 1 wrapped development quite some time ago. I'd be shocked if we only got upscales, and the otherwise random timing for Prime 1's release (they sat on it for ages only to release it 3 months after the 20th anniversary) tells me that release date was informed by some kind of milestone being hit for Prime 4.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
2D Mario honestly feels like the kind of game Nintendo would use on the current Switch as its last huge seller to ride the system into the sunset, especially since they almost certainly have 3D Mario waiting in the chamber to be the Switch 2's marquee launch title.

My biggest concern with 2D Mario is if such a thing even exists in the first place. I don't know if hey have enough EPD staff to be working on that, plus a 2D Donkey Kong, plus a 3D Mario for Switch 2's first year of life, plus other recent projects like Pikmin and Zelda. Also, IMO it makes sense if they basically sunset the series to have Maker as its effective "replacement".

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
The game was already promised for the Switch 1. And if Nintendo didn't go back on their word for BotW on Wii U, they definitely won't do so now.
I mean I'd love if I didn't have to buy a new console to play it, and Metroid is by far my favorite series, but I won't be counting on what Nintendo's plans were back in 2017.

And yeah I'd absolutely love to be wrong and for the recent rumor of it coming out soon to be true. I love that either way we don't know anything about it.

Apr 20, 2022
Makes sense. We know barely anything of what's coming in the 2nd half the year particularly around Christmas. A bog standard direct will at least give an outline of what to expect. A good direct might give some updates on big name releases like Metroid 4 whenever that is.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Time for the Nintendo Switch Pro!

...Right?

Right?

*tumbleweed*