• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017

It was originally scheduled for early June, but not anymore. That means nothing (major at least) from MS for June.

The July event to show first party titles is still happening in July. This's something else.

Last edited:

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmmmmmmm. Some serious cat and mouse happening, I really wonder what it was supposed to be.

Selfishly bummed because it means a long wait to more Xbox news.

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
This is frustrating. We're ~4 months from release and there's still so much we don't know about these new consoles.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
make sense.

Lockhart reveal in July with SX price & pre orders.

If Lockhart was revealed in June & Sony do their big show with their fp it will be bad com for MS.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds a lot like it was gonna be hardware/system based. They probably just didn't want to have that so close to the Sony games event before they'd shown their own games in July.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Hmmmmmmmm. Some serious cat and mouse happening, I really wonder what it was supposed to be.

Selfishly bummed because it means a long wait to more Xbox news.
i think it was rumored to be services and hardware. if the name is anything to go by also an unboxing

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
MS 100% does not want to announce price first lol. I love how far they're willing to go to share so much information about the console, but when it comes to price they're more than willing to play chicken

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not getting pigeonholed by E3 is a good thing for MS. Now they have a lot of flexibility. I still don't understand why they were going to stick with E3 in the first place.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
They are going for the $299 moment. It's interesting watching Sony and Microsoft try to outdo each other on who goes first on price.

I think this should set some alarm bells for some people.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I find it hard to believe that they don't have a rough idea of Sony's pricing strategy.

Mar 15, 2019
Brazil
This is frustrating. We're ~4 months from release and there's still so much we don't know about these new consoles.

get used to it, in this social media age there's no point in dropping information 6 months before release anymore. i'm willing to bet that PS6/Next Xbox are revealed 1 week before release just like Apple does with the iPhones.

OP
OP
Kolx

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
The June event was supposed to announce Lockhart right?
If it's then that makes sense. MS wants to position lockheart the best way they can (both in price and proposition). Announcing so close to the PS5 big showcase without the more powerful XSX isn't a good move.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Sony hasn't even hinted they will do price announcement in recent announced events so this is an odd move.

Riesenfass

Oct 29, 2017
It really is crazy to me that we don't know price, launch date, launch titles, etc. and it's June. What a weird build up to this gen.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
What exactly was there June event suppose to detail? The pricing or something? Seems like the event most would be interested in is for July?

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
My personal feeling is that Sony is going to show games this week. Xbox can't do another event and not show big games again.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
Maybe theyre restructuring the event based on the backlash from the previous Inside Xbox?

OP
OP
Kolx

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
MS 100% does not want to announce price first lol. I love how far they're willing to go to share so much information about the console, but when it comes to price they're more than willing to play chicken
You can bet Sony isn't gonna announce price either in their next event. Both will stall until August probably before finally committing.