• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Owing to the fact that Microsoft's acquisition of Bethesda parent company ZeniMax Media is yet to be officially finalized, neither company has been able to talk in much detail about what their collective future is going to look like. That acquisition is, however, in the process of getting approved, and with its official confirmation not far away now, we're reportedly going to get more details on what will follow for both Microsoft and Bethesda in the future.

That's as per GamesBeat's Jeff Grubb, who said in a recent podcast that following the acquisition's closure, Microsoft will be holding some sort of an event – likely in mid-March – during which they will share details about what their future plans are for Bethesda, and what the company's next few months and years are going to look like. Grubb says it might not be a dedicated Direct-style event, but fans should expect to hear about plenty of new information either way.

"Once the deal closes, they will talk about it in a big way," Grubb said. "I don't know if it will be a full Direct-style event, but they will make note of it, and they will talk about it extensively, and they will explain what it means to everybody… kind of talk about the immediate future for both companies becoming one in the future."

(time-stamped video, starts at 1:19:15)

Last edited:

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
Makes sense, Microsoft needs to clarify if Zenimax games will be exclusive or not and they need to talk about games releasing this year. We need to see more gameplay and release dates.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Here we go baby. Hopefully it puts all the questions over exclusivity to rest.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
At least they'll rip the "everything is going to be exclusive after current contracts are fulfilled" band-aid off quickly, I suppose.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I knew this was gonna happen and people are expecting a event and showcase now.
Offcourse they are gonna talk about the deal when it finishes. But expect a news wire post or maybe a small vid from Spencer.
But i doubt people will have a reasonable expectation.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Exclusive Starfield and ES6, I'm expecting fireworks.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Offcourse they are gonna talk about the deal when it finishes. But expect a news wire post or maybe a small vid from Spencer.
maybe an inside xbox thingie?

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, all they really need is 15 min of Starfield ending with EXCLUSIVE ON XBOX AND WINDOWS 10 at the end, but I'd love a Dishonored 3 and Prey 2, pretty please?

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I think the closing of a $7.5B publisher acquisition is too big for just an Xbox wire post.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017

I mean, they have a lot of stuff to talk about besides just the acquisition. It feels like they've been quiet for too long.

I don't think people are necessarily out of bounds for expecting some sort of showcase at this point. If XGS has anything at all for H1 they have to give us the deets soon.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO

Could see a news post, video with Phil/Todd/etc, and a round of podcast interviews....

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, they have a lot of stuff to talk about besides just the acquisition. It feels like they've been quiet for too long.

I don't think people are necessarily out of bounds for expecting some sort of showcase at this point. If XGS has anything at all for H1 they have to tell us soon.
But Jeff literally says "dont expect a Nintendo Direct"

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I don't think people are necessarily out of bounds for expecting some sort of showcase at this point. If XGS has anything at all for H1 they have to give us the deets soon.
This isn't Nintendo lol.

SilentEagle

Jan 9, 2021
I don't expect a gameplay reveal of Starfield and other AAA titles but maybe we will see cinematic trailer and exclusivity thing.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

I can see an Xbox wire post saying the deal has closed with plans outlining future plans for Bethesda games on gamepass plus plans for exclusivity with a trailer of released and announced upcoming Bethesda games and a maybe a sneak peak of starfield.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
I wouldn't expect the answer to the whole exclusive question (which I think we all know the answer to anyway) until each individual game is announced and dated. They're not gonna put out a post with a table listing every IP and a yes/no for exclusivity on each one.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Wouldnt expect a big showcase in March with "e3" being only a couple months away. Also end of the FY for most companies is probably not the best time for some massive showcase or announcements.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
Event just confirming if some games are exclusives or not? Boring.

Starfield Fall 2021 would be worth an event.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Once it is finalized, by by Bethesda games on other platforms outside any exclusive deals locked in.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
No way PS5 gets ESVI. Come on, MS didn't buy BGS for nothing. You don't need to be an insider to know this.

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
There will be no event. At most we will get Phil doing a PR tour and a blog post. Which is good. Because blog posts is Xbox's strength. I don't want them to have an event

Prine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it'll be a few teases and a bunch of interviews of what it means to be partnered with Xbox. I expect a Starfield teaser though, and a note about more info coming in the summer (E3).

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
At this point, whatever happens with Bethesda games and exclusivity I just want them to talk about it and be done with it. Mostly because I'm tired of the fighting and back and forth that happens here and on the internet

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't expect the answer to the whole exclusive question (which I think we all know the answer to anyway) until each individual game is announced and dated. They're not gonna put out a post with a table listing every IP and a yes/no for exclusivity on each one.
i think the same, they'll just reveal their plan by announcing the platforms for each project when the time comes for it to be revealed.

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Expecting probably smaller games to come to Playstation only after it's been on Xbox for a certain time. Big games will be 100% exclusive to Xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.