• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not Era. It's Gamers. Era is better than normal.
Era being occasionally more civil than other man-babies doesn't mean much to me because we're still, more often than not, man-babies. Frankly, I'm tired of reading "well at least we're better than the rest of gamers" because it doesn't put the responsibility on us to actually be better.

Deleted member 66543

Apr 20, 2020
I mean I flat out said that Grubb could have been and likely was correct at a point.

I'm not really sure why my appearance suddenly made everyone to shift against him (or rather it seems that has been the case).

Oct 27, 2017
Jeff says it's moving "days" so that means it could be sooner, maybe tomorrow RIGHT!?!

lol moving doesn't necessarily mean later, unless I missed something. Since they love random Tuesday's, could see a June 2 info dump. Maybe an announcement a few days ahead, or just a video with PS5 system design + 2-3 game trailers

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
Jeff says it's moving "days" so that means it could be sooner, maybe tomorrow RIGHT!?!

lol moving doesn't necessarily mean later, unless I missed something. Since they love random Tuesday's, could see a June 2 info dump. Maybe an announcement a few days ahead, or just a video with PS5 system design + 2-3 game trailers
Honestly that's kind of what I see.

A video dropping or multiple videos dropping showing a couple games and the final PS5 hardware. I think it's gonna be a little lowkey but overhyped for obvious reasons.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I can feel it getting closer

JywXMrb.gif

Deleted member 25128

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
And ode to Jeff.... (sorry its really bad, but I'm bored :)

--------------------------------

Jeffrey Grub came onto twitter with a June the 4th date
Now he says it might be a little late

As everyone waits for Sony's slate of games
The number gets less and less and Jeffrey takes the blame.

Refreshing Era every two minutes I figure
Its getting annoying to my trigger finger.

Hopefully it'll all be over soon,
For Jeffreys sake, he'll be over the moon

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
Plans can get changed so I'm happy to believe him.

Also we should be about 2 weeks away from it so I'm excited

Deleted member 54073

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
No worries, thanks for coming back to me.

I'm just a little touchy as I hate the idea of people thinking I'm some shitty, entitled gamer who attacks people for no reason.
Agreed, people on here get their hopes up incredibly easily then attack the poor guy because he can't tell the exact specifics of what might be happening. I'd like to think Lockdown is to blame but it's like this all the time.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Agreed, people on here get their hopes up incredibly easily then attack the poor guy because he can't tell the exact specifics of what might be happening. I'd like to think Lockdown is to blame but it's like this all the time.
Lol yeah, I think it is always like this to an extent but add in this being about the PS5 which is clearly the most anticipated console probably since PS4 and the crazy is just spilling out everywhere.

Tezza

Nov 15, 2017
Jeff didn't have to say anything, there are journalists who know just as much as him if not more. He did this for internet clout, so not surprised at the backlash he's getting

AllBizness

Banned
Mar 22, 2020
Jeff didn't have to say anything, there are journalists who know just as much as him if not more. He did this for internet clout, so not surprised at the backlash he's getting
I blame social media for these clout chasers. It used to be they would just post in a forum like this, but we smell bullshit a mile away, but when it's done on social media we loose our brains and discuss the shit as if there is proof of what ever their claiming. The worst kind are the ones that make accounts here, get a little notoriety, then suddenly their big shit on social media and the clout chasing begins. Fame is s hell of a drug.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I blame social media for these clout chasers. It used to be they would just post in a forum like this, but we smell bullshit a mile away, but when it's done on social media we loose our brains and discuss the shit as if there is proof of what ever their claiming. The worst kind are the ones that make accounts here, get a little notoriety, then suddenly their big shit on social media and the clout chasing begins. Fame is s hell of a drug.

Yes, I'm sure the reason why Jeff Grubb, a VentureBeat reporter, doesn't exclusively post on ResetEra is because "we smell bullshit a mile away."

We're just too damn smart for his tricks.

JeffGubb

Giant Bomb
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seems a bit redundant to post this considering he has already said that the new date is only a few days away from the 4th June one he previously mentioned.

Not doing himself any favours with those who are already annoyed with people being vague and elusive with actual details ahead of time.

it was a joke

there's backlash?

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Era being occasionally more civil than other man-babies doesn't mean much to me because we're still, more often than not, man-babies. Frankly, I'm tired of reading "well at least we're better than the rest of gamers" because it doesn't put the responsibility on us to actually be better.
I don't love it either. I just find the generic "Wow Era is so awful - except for me of course I'm above it all even though I'm an Era user" posts to be very tiring. Problems with posts should be quoted directly instead of vaguebooking.

JeffGubb

Giant Bomb
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hey Jeffrey, have you had any update on those multiplatform games jumping ship? Are they a lot or just a handful?

Or maybe a better question, were they big titles?
"Jumping ship" isn't putting it the right way. Sony just wants to limit the use of the "disclaimer: this game is running in a PC environment but will be optimized for PS5."

JeffGubb

Giant Bomb
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

This is spot on. I chase clout because it's what my kids eat and I can pay my bills with it, and also Twitter is less fun to use now that I have to think about everything before sending it because someone might write some bullshit story based on it.

Quintus

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
I am hoping that the event is at most delayed by a week and will be aired by or on 11th June.

FerDS

Oct 27, 2017
Caracas
Seems a bit redundant to post this considering he has already said that the new date is only a few days away from the 4th June one he previously mentioned.

Not doing himself any favours with those who are already annoyed with people being vague and elusive with actual details ahead of time.

you are not doing yourself any favors with this post either, but here you are. Maybe it's because it's your choice and decision to post whatever you want (with limits of course) like is it his

PetyrBaeless

Apr 3, 2019

A gaming journalist for a reputable website is a clout chaser?

giphy.gif

Deleted member 6263

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't love it either. I just find the generic "Wow Era is so awful - except for me of course I'm above it all even though I'm an Era user" posts to be very tiring. Problems with posts should be quoted directly instead of vaguebooking.
I'd argue that the generic "We're better than most other communities" response is just as tiring, but I get your point.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
you are not doing yourself any favors with this post either, but here you are. Maybe it's because it's your choice and decision to post whatever you want (with limits of course) like is it his
Please see my follow up posts, I wasn't having a go at him and was more concerned about how some might use this to give him shit.

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of people telling Jeff to shut up... yet they deliberately sought out his comments. Hmm.

Keep shooting the messenger, Gamers.

This is why no one really comes on here to say anything. Every time something doesn't pan out you have a bunch of people calling them out over and over and making fun of them. This dude is a reporter, not some random "insider", you would think there would be more respect there, but nope.