• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

www.resetera.com

The Coalition & Epic Games to Showcase UE5 Tech Demo "Alpha Point" at GDC on July 20 News

Released Found by chris 1515 https://schedule.gdconf.com/session/alpha-point-ue5-demo-unlocking-artist-potential-presented-by-epic-games-unreal-engine/881316

So its that "small game" they talked about?

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think this is news... If you listen, it's apparent that Grubb didn't see the latest tech demo announcement from earlier today and misunderstood the question.

ConHaki66

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think this is news... If you listen, it's apparent that Grubb didn't see the latest tech demo announcement from earlier today and misunderstood the question.
I think he is just saying that it's not just a tech demo but actually part of the development process of the small project they are working on before the next gears. Which follows with the coalition announcement a few weeks back regarding moving to UE5.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Grubb didnt seem to see the tech demo announcment
Still unsure if the project to get to know UE5 is the demo or if its an actual smaller game lol

Best bet is just to assume its the demo, but if it turns into a game im down (if its cool which probably will be)

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
It would make sense for the Coalition to start with a small project in UE5, and use the assets as a tech demo.

Feels unlikely a Xbox studio would be making a ue5 demo of any notable scope with unique designs/art - just to help epic show it off.

CrispyGamer

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
That's awesome i was hoping it wasn't just a tech demo this is actually something we can look forward to

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
I'm up for something else from Coalition, still a bit salty we never got that futuristic spy game they showed a trailer for but I've still really enjoyed what they've done with Gears.

Lord Bandi

Apr 30, 2020
I wish this studio wasn't hand cuffed to Gears. I really really want to see what they can do in world they made, not Cliffy.