• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
On yesterday's episode of Kinda Funny Daily, Blessing and Andrea were talking about Phil Spencer's tweet about The Initiative and Jeff Grubb appeared on the chat:

UNwpx1o.png

QTegyGF.png

Andrea also said:
"I don't know if Perfect Dark is something that Microsoft would wanna spend potentially hundreds of millions of dollars on it feels like a really risky gamble." - Andrea
And Grubb answered:
m6pAFZB.png

If the time stamp doesn't work, it starts at 44:10

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"Why does Perfect Dark get people excited?"

Ugh. Heaven forbid people want Microsoft to use the IP they acquired decades ago.

Mdot

Oct 25, 2017
Fine by me. I didn't need it to be an FPS again. Something in the idea of Splinter Cell but with the PD charm would be cool. Being that there are only 2 games in the franchise and nothing super recent, I would imagine that they're being given the freedom to mold the license how they want.

KillaKap

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here comes the concern......

All jokes aside 3rd person spy game sounds fire I wouldn't get so hung up on the title prob a reimagining

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Interesting that people keep saying it might not be Perfext Dark but it is in that universe. I don't know what that would really look like. Unless it is just a fancy way of saying 'reboot'.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
Fully onboard with a new PD, it's been long enough.

Now the big question, do Microsoft have it in them to do this right or is it going to have the usual modern gameplay loop trappings?

Last edited:

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, 3rd person AAA(A, lol) Perfect Dark reboot would get me really excited. Hope we get a confirmation soon, even if it's just a logo like Fable.

Possibly related: Fangamer yesterday unveiled that they'll be doing Perfect Dark merch. The other three Rare IPs on Fangamer are Battletoads, Sea of Thieves and Banjo-Kozooie (who are in Smash). I think that might indicate that MS have future plans for the Perfect Dark IP as well.

www.fangamer.com

Perfect Dark - Fangamer

Shop official Perfect Dark t-shirts, lapel pins, and plushes at Fangamer

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I figured. Phil's comments about it made it seem like it would be a reimagining of Perfect Dark. And considering what The Initiative is being built as, I think it'll be a setpiece driven stealth action game with a ton of Uncharted flair to it.

Jan 4, 2018
Whether it's a largely reimagined Perfect Dark game or a game set in the universe (like Avowed), I'm in. It has so much potential and it would become my most anticipated game. Give me more Blade Runner vibes and some multiplayer greatness.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Yeah, I was under the impression that they were developing a new IP. A new PD could be cool though, especially if they take cues from the Hitman series and focus more on espionage and stealth.

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Interesting that people keep saying it might not be Perfext Dark but it is in that universe. I don't know what that would really look like. Unless it is just a fancy way of saying 'reboot'.

Carrington Institute with Jo as Director. Full cinematic campaitn with sandbox (hitman++ style) maps. Online co-op, counter ops (plz) and player assination missions. Standard MP modes with the return of crazy bots.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Perfect Dark is fucking great and third person PD sounds amazing. I hope it's true.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God damn, a 3rd person PD with AAA cyberpunk production is a dream come true. So happy to see MS using that vault of I.Ps.

We just need confirmation of a next gen Banjo. Then I can retire from gaming, I've got everything I want.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
I don't get why anyone would be upset with this because it's not a new IP. The series has been absent so long that it would essentially be a new IP.

Besides, there's nothing about new IPs that makes them inherently better than existing ones.

Nov 8, 2017

Perfect Dark is a future cyberpunk setting with aliens. There's a million things you could potentially do without necessarily being a direct sequel or prequel or playing as Joanna.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Perfect Dark in third person could be somewhat like deus ex. The universe is similar, with its spy stuff and near-future sci-fi elements.

Except it also has aliens.

Oct 27, 2017
Lol if the game is good who cares. I don't see many people complaining that most of Sony's main games are third-person. And on the other hand people get all riled up the cp2077 is first person. Let's see, if this is real, how the game turns out before making a sweeping judgement.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Disappointed they changed it to third person. I'd much rather they keep it an FPS and lean into the immersive sim elements.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Perfect Dark is a future cyberpunk setting with aliens. There's a million things you could potentially do without necessarily being a direct sequel or prequel or playing as Joanna.

Yup.

That said, I think you'll play as Joanna. I think the setting and Joanna Dark are pretty much going to be the things that carry over from the originals, really. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the weirder/less serious stuff (like Elvis) doesn't really make it.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even particularly care about the older games in 2020 but I'm all over a game with the agent setting and a mix of stealth, gadgets and action. There is a ton of cool things that they could do in that world and with that character. Would be fantastic with a quintuple-A game starring a female protag to. Excited to see what they create!

Third person games are more interesting than first person games to me (unless VR) so I'm happy with that too, if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.