• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Abi

Jun 3, 2020
Sounds cool, glad they are trying something fresh for the sequel.

I'm worried it'll just become more similar to their other titles. I liked how different Immortals was compared to AC and FC.

New setting is great, but I hope it's still puzzle-focused and not too checklisty

ClassAndFear

Oct 30, 2017
I thought the first was really fantastic. It was the Ubi formula diluted into super accessibility, with a fun story and some really good (yes, BOTW-inspired) puzzle stuff. The world was fun, exploration was fun, the powers were fun. Really enjoyed the whole thing.

unicornKnight

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I really liked the first and I hope they keep the same scale and not try to make it 150 hours like AC. The change of setting is a plus for me.

deadlygantz

Oct 15, 2019
2022 is quite dry for Ubisoft. Avatar has been delayed as well. I think they are decreasing their number of games per year to increase the quality I guess. A new Fenyx Rising game is something that many fans would definitely be interested in. Also, where is Breath of the Wild 2?

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
That sounds kinda sweet, actually.

I hope the next one is based on Mesoamerica or Mesopotamia or something. China or Japan would be cool too.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Very up for another game with the heart that Immortals had, but set in Polynesian culture.

Cool!

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
Immortals was severely under-rated, it was a really good game, they just did themselves a disservice with the terrible name, the bad humour and releasing it at the same time as AC:V and WD:L both of which suffered from Ubisoft bloat. Immortals didn't but it was tarred with the same brush.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's an interesting setting

Wonder how they will make it less of an inspired game

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
I don't care what setting or characters they use, but will there be puzzle oriented gameplay or not?

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Had some good fun with the original game so excited to see what this could lead to.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
There's gonna be a lot of water in that kind of game... I hope they'll allow us to explore underneath it.

Leafshield

Nov 22, 2019
This sounds really interesting to me. The whole 'Greek myth' stuff has been well-covered by gaming over the years, so a pivot to try something more fresh in terms of mythology sounds like a really fun use of the IP. A bit like how Assassins Creed, for all the criticism of 'Ubigame', is stronger for pretty much being an umbrella for whatever historical-fantasy setting they want rather than always needing to be set in crusades.

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
I really liked this game. Waiting on a PC/Xbox discount, because the Switch version I have just doesn't run great.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Cool. I'm much rather that they switch things up that have a direct sequel. Would be even better if it also was mechanically different.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I really enjoyed certain aspects of Immortals, especially the puzzle elements. But I still ultimately ended up getting quickly numbed by the over-arching Ubi formula and never finished it. Still intrigued for this though

Apr 19, 2018
Germany
Slightly off topic but has anybody checked out the DLC for the first game and if so is it good? The Season Pass is currently on sale for 20 bucks on PSN and i still need to finish the main game, would do it all in one fell swoop if the DLC is any good.

Deleted member 62561

Dec 31, 2019
ubisoft doesn't need another slight variation of their same game they've been releasing for awhile

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I genuinely loved Immortals, so I'm happy with anything they do with the franchise.

And Hawaiian Polynesian sounds great to me!

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
That sounds pretty cool. 2025 release gives me some time to finally play Fenyx Rising before. It's been in my backlog forever.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Please tell me Polynesian developers or creatives are involved. Don't want this to end up as white folks just using such a setting as exotic tourism, would rather have a more authentic and informed representation.

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
We really enjoyed Immortals FR and this setting is great so count us in

I have been saying for awhile that as and aaa open open world's games should try more diverse settings than ancient Greece, medieval , Norse or effing feudal Japan variants

There are so many countries and religions /folklore packed with fascinating and beautiful and complex stories and ideas

Just off the top of my head - South America, Aztec/Inca , India, - Raji was wonderful - Africa, the cradle of life.

Doesn't just reading any of those make you wish for an Assassin's creeed or ghost of Toshima or a new 3rd person action adventure game set there ?