• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
we need a jeff grubb |OT|

that's huge btw, sony should do the same

Kingdizzi

Banned
Aug 11, 2019
JEFF.jpg

Credit to Jack-O-Lantern

Guerrilla

Oct 28, 2017
Echoing what I wrote in the other thread, this is going to be HUGE. The value prop for a Series S with 3 Months free of gamepass and completely free online is going to be insane if this all pans out....

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
Online multiplayer going free again would be pretty big news. Sony and Nintendo would have no choice but to follow suit.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Why not link the actual tweets?

Anyway, pretty huge if really true.

edit: ah well nvm, threads have been merged without this issue.

Last edited:

Gaz

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Intresting. What does this mean for GWG and our existing GWG libraries I wonder... If true ofc.

JCADX

Oct 29, 2017
If Microsoft pretends to create an ecosystem, it makes no sense that you need to pay to play online in consoles but not on PC / xCloud, so it seems logical and a good move for Microsoft if combined with a cheap Series S + Gamepass.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
As a shareholder i wonder where are they gonna make their money? Is Xbox just gonna become a money sink outside of publishing?

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
You'd think that was something they would have mentioned when all eyes were on them.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is huge because its not something that Sony can easily answer.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huge news. Microsoft is doing literally everything right from a platform perspective. Just get those damn games going and it's going to be incredible.

May 10, 2018
if it happens that's a game changer. I don't know if Sony would follow suit though. They should but at best they might include PSNow into PS+.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
If this happens and Sony and Nintendo keep their shitty paywalls, I am going to be so unbelievably pissed.

Online should be free on every platform, end of story.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Hehe, this is interesting. I would say that the question is how Sony will keep people interested in PS+, if they would follow suit. Interesting times ahead.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I personally can't believe Microsoft would give up such an enormous stream of revenue... but we'll see!

Status
Not open for further replies.