• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for that, I mean when I heard the news and the conspiracy gears started churning in many peoples minds, it's hard to articulate why everyone should calm down and take a breath. That thread sums it up perfectly.

That tweet doesn't deny it could be foul play, he even says explicitly says it could be. He's just saying that the incompetency isn't abnormal, it's baked into the system and isn't direct evidence of anything.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That tweet doesn't deny it could be foul play, he even says explicitly says it could be. He's just saying that the incompetency isn't abnormal, it's baked into the system and isn't direct evidence of anything.

That incompetency being all but impossible is the majority of many arguments in support of the murder theories though. Since there's nothing substantive they rely on things like that.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
That incompetency being all but impossible is the majority of many arguments in support of the murder theories though. Since there's nothing substantive they rely on things like that.

It doesn't have to be, infact if the incompetency is baked in it's even easier to support it since they didn't have to do anything special. Why lift a finger when you know the system is rigged in your favor to take care of the problem with little effort?

To me the distinction means little. He died and he shouldn't have and many someones benefited from it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 19813

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It seems people get more upset about this being tied to PV than what they should be upset about: the actual clip. ABC is doing a hell of a job with "news." I don't give a shit if it's right or left, this has to do with children and the elite.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't have to be, infact if the incompetency is baked in it's even easier to support it since they didn't have to do anything special. Why lift a finger when you know the system is rigged in your favor to take care of the problem?

To me the distinction means little. He died and he shouldn't have.

That isn't "support."

Adding in some overarching plot is unneeded given the evidence and entirely unjustified. If you accept suicide is feasible and the incompetence necessary to allow that suicide is "baked in," what need is there to suggest people somehow guided this?

Deleted member 52407

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
There is no murder conspiracy... The only thing kinda pointing to foul play is him having the ability to commit suicide, but that's not foul play but rather incompetence. The most damning blow to any conspiracy is the fact that democratic and republican figures have equal motivation to want Epstein dead under conspiratorial circumstances and neither one can prove the other one is more guilty than the next without indicting themselves. These are unsurprisingly pushed more by Qanon...

I hate conservatives. They are quick to exonerate law enforcement when it deals with a black body but will shift & diffuse responsibility if it involves their precious white bodies. They disbelieve that someone like Sandra Bland would be killed in her cell by a racist, South Texas police department but a rapist pedo fucker that saw an end to his reign is incapable of offing himself despite having more reason to do so.

Conservatives is fucking political cancer and is a scourge on anyone in it's proximity.

Last edited:

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
There is no murder conspiracy... The only thing kinda pointing to foul play is him having the ability to commit suicide, but that's it. The most damning blow to any conspiracy is the fact that democratic and republican figures have equal motivation to want Epstein dead under conspiratorial circumstances and neither one can prove the other one is more guilty than the next without indicting themselves. These are unsurprisingly pushed more by Qanon...
If only those pesky cameras worked and all the guards weren't at nap time after snacks, we would know for sure.
To me the distinction means little. He died and he shouldn't have and many someones benefited from it.
pretty much

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
That isn't "support."

Adding in some overarching plot is unneeded given the evidence and entirely unjustified. If you accept suicide is feasible and the incompetence necessary to allow that suicide is "baked in," what need is there to suggest people somehow guided this?

Pressure, it doesn't have to be direct or even much. Look let's say for a second this was 100% suicide. Every politician out there should be on the horn talking about reforming stuff so this never happens again. Where's all the outcry for that? No it's "Welp that's how it is" and we're all moving on. Seems like no one really wants to fix the problem that led to this cause they don't view his death as a problem in the first place.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pressure, it doesn't have to be direct or even much. Look let's say for a second this was 100% suicide. Every politician out there should be on the horn talking about reforming stuff so this never happens again. Where's all the outcry for that? No it's "Welp that's how it is" and we're all moving on. Seems like no one really wants to fix the problem that led to this cause they don't view his death as a problem in the first place.

So the lack of desire to address prisoner suicide is now evidence of some nefarious murder plot? You're painting the bullseye around the arrow here.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
So the lack of desire to address prisoner suicide is now evidence of some nefarious murder plot? You're painting the bullseye around the arrow here.

No, what I'm saying it's not some nefarious murder plot cause it doesn't have to be. The systems are in place that it never has to come to that, just rely on the incompetence of the system. Just make sure you never fix the system. In some ways that's way worse than straight up "they murdered him" because it incentives keeping shit broken.

Deleted member 52407

Banned
Jan 23, 2019

Where is all the talks of political reform when black people are given a raw deal in jurisprudence.

Nothing should change on account of this demon. He committed suicide and took to the grave with him all the vile shit that these very same power cultist use to do their bidding.

If yall want to change things, the least you can do is start with a more worthy "victim" and not attach progress to some dead pedo because you have a conspiracy theory fetish.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Where is all the talks of political reform when black people are given a raw deal in jurisprudence.

Nothing should change on account of this demon. He committed suicide and took to the grave with him all the vile shit that these very same power cultist use to do their bidding.

If yall want to change things, the least you can do is start with a more worthy "victim" and not attach progress to some dead pedo because you have a conspiracy theory fetish.

I don't know why you think I'm against huge prison reform changes, because I'm not. The whole system is fucking busted, but the topic of this thread is Epstein's death so I didn't think I needed to write a novel on my complete take of the prison complex.

Also I don't give a shit about the pedo himself, I care about his victims not seeing the justice they were deserved, which are most certainly "worthy".

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, what I'm saying it's not some nefarious murder plot cause it doesn't have to be. The systems are in place that it never has to come to that, just rely on the incompetence of the system. Just make sure you never fix the system. In some ways that's way worse than straight up "they murdered him" because it incentives keeping shit broken.

So the decades and decades of ignoring the problem is because they want prisoners who might have knowledge of powerful people committing crimes to kill themselves?

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
So the decades and decades of ignoring the problem is because they want prisoners who might have knowledge of powerful people committing crimes to kill themselves?

They ignored the problems that exist in it for many reasons. Making money off of it, because they're racist assholes, because it's convenient or maybe they're just apathetic. This is just a beneficial side effect of it that they'd have no reason to try and fix it OR make a special exceptions for this prisoner.

Last edited:

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They ignore the problems that exist in it for many reasons. Making money off of it, because they're racist assholes, because it's convenient or maybe they're just apathetic. This is just a beneficial side effect of it.

But it's motivated in some part by wanting people like this to kill themselves? And they relied specifically on this to take care of Epstein?

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
But it's motivated in some part by wanting people like this to kill themselves? And they relied specifically on this to take care of Epstein?

No it's more like "Hey we know the prison system is fucked, let's just sit back and see if he kills himself before we do anything". If you know the system is fucked to easily allow this to happen, why aren't you trying to make exceptions to make sure the thing everyone was joking about happening, wouldn't happen.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No it's more like "Hey we know the prison system is fucked, let's just sit back and see if he kills himself before we do anything". If you know the system is fucked to easily allow this to happen, why aren't you trying to make exceptions to make sure the thing everyone was joking about happening, wouldn't happen.

The thread on Twitter you dismissed explains this. They don't care and it's not how things work. You want to be able to argue they wanted him dead and made it happen but recognize the lack of any evidence so you're settling on this pretty incoherent hybrid.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
The thread on Twitter you dismissed explains this. They don't care and it's not how things work. You want to be able to argue they wanted him dead and made it happen but recognize the lack of any evidence so you're settling on this pretty incoherent hybrid.

I feel like I'm arguing in circles so I'll just leave you with this. The current prison complex is mess of injustice. A big reason for that is the politicians that could make the changes to it to improve it are benefiting from it staying the status quo. A high profile suspect who could potentially finger politicians kills himself. Regardless of how/why, this should cause alarms for changes yet it's just met with "Welp, staff is incompetent that sucks" and we're back to the status quo. Why is that?

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I'm arguing in circles so I'll just leave you with this. The current prison complex is mess of injustice. A big reason for that is the politicians that could make the changes to it to improve it are benefiting from it staying the status quo. A high profile suspect who could potentially finger politicians kills himself. Regardless of why, this should cause alarms for changes yet it's just met with "Welp, staff is incompetent that sucks" and we're back to the status quo. Why is that?

You're presenting a false dichotomy, first of all, and mischaracterizing the context of the response. Pointing out the incompetence and cruelty of the prison system is a direct response to folks trying to argue there's no way they'd let Epstein succeed in killing himself. No one is shrugging and saying "oh well it is what it is." This isn't a response in a discussion about reforms, it's a response to a nonsense conspiracy theory.

If you want to actually discuss reforms, great. Just don't use that as a shield to hide attempts to continue arguing for some grand conspiracy to get Epstein dead.

It can be true that the prison system sucks and needs to be fixed AND Epstein just killed himself. Adding this narrative about powerful people relying on a) these people wanting to kill themselves and b) this whole mechanism solving problems involving inmates with knowledge of them is entirely unnecessary and completely over complicated.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Haven't been keeping up the conspiracy updates, but AP is reporting that several of the correctional officers were recently offered a plea deal: https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/11/15...ad-been-offered-plea-deal-ap-sources-say.html

• Federal prosecutors offered a plea deal to two correctional officers responsible for guarding Jeffrey Epstein on the night of his death.
  • The officers have declined the offer, people familiar with the matter told The Associated Press.
  • The existence of the plea offer signals the Justice Department is considering criminal charges in connection with the wealthy financier's death at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York in August.
  • The city's medical examiner ruled Epstein's death a suicide
The guards on Epstein's unit are suspected of failing to check on him every half hour, as required, and of fabricating log entries to show they had. As part of the proposed plea deal, prosecutors wanted the guards to admit they falsified the prison records, according to the people familiar with the matter. They spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not permitted to publicly discuss the investigation.

I don't know how to process this news in a way that doesn't suggest foul play or a sloppy coverup of gross incompetence.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Haven't been keeping up the conspiracy updates, but AP is reporting that several of the correctional officers were recently offered a plea deal: https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/11/15...ad-been-offered-plea-deal-ap-sources-say.html

• Federal prosecutors offered a plea deal to two correctional officers responsible for guarding Jeffrey Epstein on the night of his death.
  • The officers have declined the offer, people familiar with the matter told The Associated Press.
  • The existence of the plea offer signals the Justice Department is considering criminal charges in connection with the wealthy financier's death at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York in August.
  • The city's medical examiner ruled Epstein's death a suicide

I don't know how to process this news in a way that doesn't suggest foul play or a sloppy coverup of gross incompetence.

They weren't doing their rounds and you annotate your rounds on a document, so they would also get them on falsifying government documents. The union will probably go up to bat for them, but I don't see them winning. They just fucked up too much stuff. They'll probably try to wiggle out of it by trying to pull the OT card and that one of them technically isn't a CO, but they still get the same training, so I don't see it working. Also, DoJ OiG is really good.