• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
sw6zL8p.png

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
It's less about whether he was straight up murdered, and more about why every attempt was made to allow him to kill himself.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It seems like people are just assuming and taking for granted that him being dead, whether allowed to commit suicide or murdered, will benefit powerful people in some significant way. Why? He had no reason to talk and cut a deal. No plea bargain was getting him out of jail during his lifetime, especially considering any state charges he would potentially face in multiple states.

All of the evidence they've collected so far and any they collect going forward still exists and now has no one to challenge it. On balance I don't really know that you could argue in any technically informed way, as opposed to just making assumptions, that anyone potentially caught up in this is now better off. The increased attention and the fact these people could make multiple careers for high profile prosecution certainly isn't good for them either.

WhoTurgled

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It seems like people are just assuming and taking for granted that him being dead, whether allowed to commit suicide or murdered, will benefit powerful people in some significant way. Why? He had no reason to talk and cut a deal. No plea bargain was getting him out of jail during his lifetime, especially considering any state charges he would potentially face in multiple states.

All of the evidence they've collected so far and any they collect going forward still exists and now has no one to challenge it. On balance I don't really know that you could argue in any technically informed way, as opposed to just making assumptions, that anyone potentially caught up in this is now better off. The increased attention and the fact these people could make multiple careers for high profile prosecution certainly isn't good for them either.
Well there was this pesky criminal trial where he was the only defendent

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Just a quick reminder that if Epstein was alive then all the NDAs that people were signing had a chance of being enforceable. Now that he's dead, they may as well not exist

WhoTurgled

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So? That stops. What does that mean for anyone else?
I mean having a very public trial of one of the worlds most notorious high profile billionaire pedophile where all signs point to there being some kind of elite pedophile ring or whatever the fuck was really going on would be a big deal, ya know? I know people are still interested in the story even after epstein died but do you really believe this trial being quashed will have no effect on anything?

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who has a thought on this issue has already decided what they think happened.

A report like this isn't gonna change that for a vast majority of them.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean having a very public trial of one of the worlds most notorious high profile billionaire pedophile where all signs point to there being some kind of elite pedophile ring or whatever the fuck was really going on would be a big deal, ya know? I know people are still interested in the story even after epstein died but do you really believe this trial being quashed will have no effect on anything?

If there were cases against other people before he died there are still cases after. In fact those cases become easier since with Epstein dead that plea agreement he signed previously is gone and any "co-conspirator" can't use it for protection.

WhoTurgled

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If there were cases against other people before he died there are still cases after. In fact those cases become easier since with Epstein dead that plea agreement he signed previously is gone and any "co-conspirator" can't use it for protection.
Who decides if theres cases against other people? Who brings this shit to trial? Why did it take so long to get epstein for this shit when everyone paying any attention was aware of it? Ah yes the justice system will take care of the rest! Go get em boys!

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's just telling that in the best case scenario we have a completely fucked negligent and incompetent prison system.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who decides if theres cases against other people? Who brings this shit to trial? Why did it take so long to get epstein for this shit when everyone paying any attention was aware of it? Ah yes the justice system will take care of the rest! Go get em boys!

How does Epstein being alive or dead impact that?

WhoTurgled

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How does Epstein being alive or dead impact that?
Thats not what we were talking about. Putting epstein down just ended his criminal trial. The only criminal trial I am aware of about this. A very public event that would have kept this issue at the publics forefront for a very long time. My point in all this is that the systems of power that have kept this issue from being brought to justice are the same systems that are responsible for persecuting other pedophile billionaires. Those systems of power also assassinated epstein (i will call it that even if all they did was let him kill himself). You are saying it doesn't matter the epstein is dead and I agree with you, theres no stopping this. We disagree over the idea that people wanted epstein dead, they absolutely did.

Tugatrix

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I know he killed himself, the question is why there was no suicide watch on a suicidal guy

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
That doesn't really answer the question. He could have had family threatened if he didn't hang himself. Extremely plausible given the billions of dollars of wealth threatened by his testimony

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I don't get the 911 conspiracy theories analogy. Coerced suicide is closer to the application of occam's razor whereas an overly complex government conspiracy to attack itself to justify wars is the opposite of occam's razor.

Could it be suicide? Sure. But the couple of plausible assumptions and a cover up is likely imo. if you were those rich pedos and and you already were organized to get underaged girls you'd also collectively organize to optimize your chances legally.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Prosecutors would have loved to get him to roll on whoever else was involved in his pedophilic bullshit so I figure a combination of "I'm not spending my life behind bars" and "I'm not getting murdered for exposing people" drove him to suicide.

Mandatory minimums mean he was not leaving jail ever. And that's just federal. He wasn't getting a plea deal that let him get out.

Thats not what we were talking about. Putting epstein down just ended his criminal trial. The only criminal trial I am aware of about this. A very public event that would have kept this issue at the publics forefront for a very long time. My point in all this is that the systems of power that have kept this issue from being brought to justice are the same systems that are responsible for persecuting other pedophile billionaires. Those systems of power also assassinated epstein (i will call it that even if all they did was let him kill himself). You are saying it doesn't matter the epstein is dead and I agree with you, theres no stopping this. We disagree over the idea that people wanted epstein dead, they absolutely did.

Why? It doesn't protect them. If the system is exactly as you say him being dead or alive makes no difference. Your argument contradicts itself.

WhoTurgled

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mandatory minimums mean he was not leaving jail ever. And that's just federal. He wasn't getting a plea deal that let him get out.

Why? It doesn't protect them. If the system is exactly as you say him being dead or alive makes no difference. Your argument contradicts itself.
Him being dead or alive doesn't make a difference to me beacause I'm a pessimist
It would take a series of hundreds of epstein trials to accomplish anything real, we couldn't even get 1 cleanly

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Prosecutors would have loved to get him to roll on whoever else was involved in his pedophilic bullshit so I figure a combination of "I'm not spending my life behind bars" and "I'm not getting murdered for exposing people" drove him to suicide.

Realistically though Epstein was never going to rat. He was too big of a fish and there's no amount of cooperation that would have resulted in him *not* spending the rest of his life in prison. They never would have offered him that much.

If others get taken down it's going to be because of videos and such and that was always the case.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
That doesn't really answer the question. He could have had family threatened if he didn't hang himself. Extremely plausible given the billions of dollars of wealth threatened by his testimony
Lol, no way he cared about his "family"

WhoTurgled

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Huh? The rich and powerful suddenly want him dead now (but they didn't before) because they're spraying for bugs? Nothing you're arguing makes sense.
Here is a list of potential reasons for them wanting epstein dead
1. Sends a signal of total conrtol to everyone else
2. Housekeeping. Why not kill epstein? Unless you think that would be too hard
3. Sends a signal to the people investigating it that nothing they do matters, its really fucking disheartening knowing all the work that has gone into getting epstein might end right here
4. He might've known some shit he could have possibly used to control others while he was on trial
5. Ends the trial. This shit is huge, if you don't think it mattered that this happened I really have no other way to convice you of anything

I believe nothing would have changed if epstein didn't die, but why would people very capable of ending him risk it??

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here is a list of potential reasons for them wanting epstein dead
1. Sends a signal of total conrtol to everyone else
2. Housekeeping. Why not kill epstein? Unless you think that would be too hard
3. Sends a signal to the people investigating it that nothing they do matters, its really fucking disheartening knowing all the work that has gone into getting epstein might end right here
4. He might've known some shit he could have possibly used to control others while he was on trial
5. Ends the trial. This shit is huge, if you don't think it mattered that this happened I really have no other way to convice you of anything

I believe nothing would have changed if epstein didn't die, but why would people very capable of ending him risk it??

It's clear you just want there to be a conspiracy. No one has any clearly identifiable motivation to do any of this. You're speculating about sending signals (to who? About what? Don't let us powerful people go to your pedophile island?) and just doing it because why not. It doesn't make any sense. They could have killed him at any time. He's only dangerous once he gets indicted? Why didn't they kill him last time he got caught? Why haven't they killed him since?

It's just an unfalsifiable spiral of speculation entirely unconcerned with minor details like feasibility, rationality and evidence. You made a mistake I think and started by arguing people needed him dead and simultaneously argued the entire system would never punish them anyway and now you've arrived here. Because the conclusion is fixed and you're happy to backfill it with whatever you have to.