• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
We have a very modest sized jail, in a small city, and the suicide watch cell has cameras in it 24/7, with a guard watching 24/7.

The suicide watch cells and SHU are different. He was taken off suicide watch and went back to SHU. The suicide watch cells have clear doors, so there is zero privacy and they are watched 24/7. SHU on the other hand is the most secure and lock down unit in the facility.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
People downplaying the Groening tweet is not something I was expecting to see today, jfc

Well Trump officially has begun retweeting Clinton conspiracy theories.
Can you imagine if Clinton was president how this would have blown up?

Instead we have Trump, who has even deeper and creepier ties to Epstein, yet #clintoncash was what was trending this morning.

The whole thing is fucked.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
im always down for some conspiracy theorising and all but social media is wild about this story, its a reminder of how easily so many people i know can sound like a total nut cases
Everyone is trying to rationalize the increasingly obvious outcome of no other wealthy elites being further implicated despite the operation obviously involving at least some of them. Especially after a lot were holding onto hope that Epstein might act as a domino and not just a fluke.

It's naive to completely toss out the possibly that those with means and motives and a history of doing bad things might do very bad things to protect themselves. And it's also ignorant to assert specific individuals doing specific things when there's little evidence and so many different direct and indirect ways wealth and power leads to the outcome that always happens to benefit the ones with wealth and power.

But I guess it's either too unsatisfying or too challenging for people to just accept things are kinda fucked because wealthy elites have to much free reign over every aspect of society, and people would prefer to jump to very unfounded conclusions that are all over the place, ranging from assuming nothing is wrong to believing he switched with the body of someone else that looks like him.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone is trying to rationalize the increasingly obvious outcome of no other wealthy elites being further implicated despite the operation obviously involving at least some of them. Especially after a lot were holding onto hope that Epstein might act as a domino and not just a fluke.
There's no reason to believe that Epstein would have ever testified or that the feds would have offered him any sort of lenient deal after they decided to bring a new set of charges after getting raked over the coals for his previous sweetheart deal. The victims still exist, all the shit they found in his safe still exists, the accomplices are still being investigated. Not sure his death actually makes much of a difference to uncovering the truth since even alive he'd just plead the fifth 1,000 more times.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean considering he's also linked to this point fingers at others makes him pretty suspicious.

(For the record I don't think he has anything to do with this but he's certainly not helping his case)

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I guess the fact she talked about giving it to her dad and brother made me assume she wasn't a sex-slave but I didn't read anything yet of the document outside the Groening thing.

Oct 31, 2017
Isn't it awfully curious how during this whole new period of exposure regarding Jeffrey Epstein, Donald was deathly quiet in regards to mentioning any Clinton association, when we know that he relishes any chance to shit on his perceived opposition, yet the DAY the man is found dead from apparent suicide, now it's time to make suggestions/allusions towards the Clintons.

Sort of like how it's awfully curious how Alan Dershowitz was out there trying to lay down mud about the "legality" of older men sexually preying on young, vulnerable (controlled), women & how Bill Barr came out immediately with a written statement proclaiming his righteous outrage about this situation!

🤔🤔🤔

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
The fact that an elite pedophile sex trafficking network exists is Fucking insane. I'm not sure I can believe that a lot of powerful people didn't want him dead.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cameras malfunctioning or not is irrelevant because you wouldn't be able to tell when he was hanging himself as cells do not have their own cameras.

It is not irrelevant. If no one came near his cell then all the conspiracies are null.

Some will still believe them of course but it would at least clear some air.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Trumps a dumbass. As if he wants to open that can worms with all the women he's assaulted

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Donald gleefully endorsed a pedophile in Alabama and ordered his cult base to vote pedo to MAGA.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
There's no reason to believe that Epstein would have ever testified or that the feds would have offered him any sort of lenient deal after they decided to bring a new set of charges after getting raked over the coals for his previous sweetheart deal. The victims still exist, all the shit they found in his safe still exists, the accomplices are still being investigated. Not sure his death actually makes much of a difference to uncovering the truth since even alive he'd just plead the fifth 1,000 more times.
Wouldn't it at least be a relief to those involved for the federal criminal trial to no longer exist, regardless of what epstein might do?

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Having worked at a MCC, the conspiracy theories make no sense. Also, there are no cameras in cells. Yes, there are cameras throughout the facility, but they aren't in individual cells. That's the danger of solo celling someone in SHU, they are at a higher risk for suicide. You generally want to put two inmate in a cell. However, since he was high profile they probably had to cell him alone. The officers were probably doing their rounds and found him. If an inmate wants to kill themselves all they have to do is wait until the officers are done their rounds. Then they have 15 minutes until the next one. That 15 minutes is enough time for you to be dead or brain dead. The first suicide I ever responded to was an inmate in SHU and I'd bet this was the same thing.

This probably what happened and it's scary how many people are ready to buy into the conspiracy

Orin_linwe

Nov 26, 2017
Malmoe, Sweden.
If the authorities haven't already checked in on what Ghislaine Maxwell is currently doing, now might be a good time. There's currently nobody alive with more comprehensive first-hand knowledge about this whole operation - seemingly from the start - than she.

It's bonkers that she's presumably just out and about, living her life while all this is going on (I still can't believe she tried to pivot directly into environment-advocacy like people wouldn't read her wikipedia-entry after watching her TEDx-talk).

I don't neccessarily think there's any conspiracy to Epstein killing himself. Gross, non-conspiratorial negligence on behalf of the people tasked with making sure he didn't kill himself makes just as much sense given that life is often banal like that, and that life isn't a movie.

That said - and given that Ghislaine Maxwell is not a particularly famous or "known" person - I would probably be at least a little worried I'd get "tying up loose end":ed if I were her right now.

Last edited:

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
If we're gonna go whole hog in conspiracy land I can could completely see Trump using his mob connections to order the hit, thinking he could make it look like it was the Clinton/DNC's doing trying to protect them.

This is of course a really stupid idea that only would shine a spotlight back on him, but in the world of Trump's brain that only can plot by cranking the volume up...

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Evidence and witnesses are more important than Epstein's personal testimony.

If there is evidence or witnesses, Epstein's death can't hide it. His words alone wouldn't convict anyone.

Last edited:

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Getting a creepy foot massage from a sex trafficked 14 year old...
I believe it was an underage girl who gave him a foot massage for a simpsons picture

You read that tweet and find nothing wrong with it?

Knowing the facts about the case, the young girls, the pedophilia, the sex trafficking ring, I find every detail about this awful

however, in regards to Matt and taking this instance at face value... they were both on a plane and she was instructed to massage his feet? She even made a joke about it with him - I don't think this is the same as some of the harrowing details that are coming out of this

it's not like it's..

Donald_Trump_Lawsuit_.jpg

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Trump retweeting Clinton conspiracy theories will do no harm. Democrats have already distanced them selves from the degenerates that are the Clintons.

Edit: on second thought, his base will eat it up. Damn it.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
It's amazing the Feds have terrorists, mob criminals, the worse serial killers in federal prison. But this is the guy that dies?

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Knowing the facts about the case, the young girls, the pedophilia, the sex trafficking ring, I find every detail about this awful

however, in regards to Matt and taking this instance at face value... they were both on a plane and she was instructed to massage his feet? She even made a joke about it with him - I don't think this is the same as some of the harrowing details that are coming out of this

it's not like it's..

Donald_Trump_Lawsuit_.jpg

That's crazy. Donald Trump was accused of sexually abusing a minor an trying to make her sex slave?

I just googled his name and I don't see people talking bout this, only his controversial comments which do deserve attention but it's not as shocking as the accusations in the image you posted.

Oct 29, 2017
That's crazy. Donald Trump was accused of sexually abusing a minor an trying to make her sex slave?

I just googled his name and I don't see people talking bout this, only his controversial comments which do deserve attention but it's not as shocking as the accusations in the image you posted.

Which is why it's not crazy to be suspicious of the circumstances of his death.

I hope those guilty from within his orbit face justice some day.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
Of course Trump is retweeting shit about Clinton. Now that Epstein's dead, it is the Republican plan to make the democrats look like the ones close to Epstein.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Predictable behaviour predicted this morning:

Donald has also claimed multiple times that Hilary is the one who colluded with Russia to interfere with the election, which totally isn't projection.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017

the image is from a lawsuit filed and dropped during the 2016 election season which we should probably view with a grain of salt. https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...-13-year-old-lawsuit-katie-johnson-allegation

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Trumps a dumbass. As if he wants to open that can worms with all the women he's assaulted
Is he really a dumbass at this point when he keeps getting away with it and even being so brazen as endorsing pedophiles for Congress?

He's a dumbass in other ways but at this point we're the dumbasses for not nailing him for this bullshit.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
This is a bit shocking, it feels like a proper Russian cleanup job, but it's not something America is new to. I have to voice that the staff post is a bit ridiculous, considering that rather than a conspiracy theory it is quite obvious what happened here. Shutting down that conversation is blocking the most important part of it.

Oct 26, 2017
First thing I thought of

First thing that went through my head too.

Conspiracy theories notwithstanding, it's just embarrassing the Federal government let such a high profile inmate awaiting trial for serial pedo-rape kill himself. And this was after it was clearly known he likely already tried to kill himself. I mean it was obvious to anyone who had at least a walnut sized brain that he needed 24 hour security/watch. They deserve all conspiracy spawn that pops up for their incompetence.

This is a bit shocking, it feels like a proper Russian cleanup job, but it's not something America is new to. I have to voice that the staff post is a bit ridiculous, considering that rather than a conspiracy theory it is quite obvious what happened here. Shutting down that conversation is blocking the most important part of it.
Again, this is way to subtle for some Russian operation. If the Russian Government is involved in a murder, they'll let us know.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017

What was obvious? Because pointing to any organisation as being responsible for an unexplained event is literally the definition of a conspiracy theory.