• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
So more than likely it's looking like someone didn't murder him, but purposely let him kill himself?

If so, I wonder if there was some other type of blackmail, like his family getting hurt unless he did it.

DarkLancer

Alt account
Banned
Apr 18, 2019
I'm starting to doubt the veracity of one of the alleged victims. Well, maybe I'm not there yet. But these emails are troubling. These quotes are from documents released this week. It sounds like the interviewer is saying "Hey! You've probably seen Dershowitz during your time with Epstein. Don't forget to add him as well! We all think he's a pedo too."

But Dershowitz claims one document in particular also poses a problem for Giuffre: a 2011 email exchange between her and a British tabloid reporter who had interviewed her about her years under Epstein's sway.
In the email, Giuffre told the Mail on Sunday reporter, Sharon Churcher, she was racing to meet a deadline for a draft of what she would later describe as a "fictionalized account" of what happened to her.
"Just wondering if you have any information on you from when you and I were doing interviews about the J.E. story," Giuffre wrote Churcher.
"I wanted to put the names of some of the assholes, oops, I meant to say, pedo's, that J.E. sent me to. With everything going on, my brain feels like mush and it would be a great deal of help!" Giuffre added.
The emails in the court file shows Churcher responded: "Don't forget Alan Dershowitz… J.E.'s buddy and lawyer...good name for your pitch as he repped Claus von Bulow and a movie was made about that case… title was Reversal of Fortune. We all suspect Alan is a pedo and tho no proof of that, you probably met him when he was hanging out with JE."

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
I realize we have to be responsible about how we treat information surrounding this but it's pretty frustrating that staunch insistence that it's silly to think this could possibly be foul play used to be staunch insistence that it's silly to think billionaires run child sex trafficking rings.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know how the victims feel, but a part of me thinks that some are relieved to hear that he is dead, and can no longer hurt them or others. Yea he never got his day in court, But he had to face death head on, whether it was suicide or set up. He was able to feel some sort of pain and died a disgraced man.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't know how the victims feel, but a part of me thinks that some are relieved to hear that he is dead, and can no longer hurt them or others. Yea he never got his day in court, But he had to face death head on, whether it was suicide or set up. He was able to feel some sort of pain and died a disgraced man.

If the machine that aided him remains, people are less safe, not more.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Could it be a conspiracy? Sure. Is there any evidence it was? Nope. The "this was obviously not suicide you dummies" responses are terrible.

Suicide in prison is easy and routine. This guy wasn't going to have a single free day the rest of his life. If you think it's out of the ordinary that incompetence or just plain indifference could account for something like this you should spend some time looking into the issue in general.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Could it be a conspiracy? Sure. Is there any evidence it was? Nope. The "this was obviously not suicide you dummies" responses are terrible.

Suicide in prison is easy and routine. This guy wasn't going to have a single free day the rest of his life. If you think it's out of the ordinary that incompetence or just plain indifference could account for something like this you should spend some time looking into the issue in general.
There are also plenty of inmates who face mountains of incriminating charges/evidence who want to exercise every possible way out of a heavy sentence rather than simply resorting to ending it, and a rich person like Epstein would have many options/chances for leniency throughout the process..... including deals where he gives dirt on huge names.

So is suicide possible? Sure. I still don't think it's likely or logical for someone like him.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There are also plenty of inmates who face mountains of incriminating charges/evidence who want to exercise every possible way out of a heavy sentence rather than simply resorting to ending it, and a rich person like Epstein would have many options/chances for leniency throughout the process..... including deals where he gives dirt on huge names.

So is suicide possible? Sure. I still don't think it's likely or logical for someone like him.

Attempting to argue that suicide isn't logical for a person and therefore less likely is never a good basis for reasoning. You can't approach it that way. It's like the "I can't believe it because he always seemed so happy" trope. It's a fundamental misunderstanding of suicide.

Do you think he didn't attempt suicide previously either?

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
TOTAL HEARSAY, but for what it's worth:

I have friends in the NYC lawyer world, and what their hearing from folks they know in the DA's office is essentially "lol of course this was a hit, don't be stupid."
Do your friends also know that Epstein has a brother, Mark, who is connected to all of this as well? Do they have anything to say about it?

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
If only Epstein had done his video game shopping at Walmart, maybe those violent video games wouldn't have forced him to do this.

DiK4

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
WTF is this bullshit. How could they let him do that? I hope the Mayor/Governor of New York that was running for democratic presidential nominee gets to the bottom of this quick or owns up to this and resigns. The amount of corruption going on is insane.

Yesterday

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If he was murdered, wouldn't the coroners be able to tell it was foul play?
Instead of imagining Agent 47 going in there and throwing a screwdriver into his head. I imagine more that people were paid to keep him out of suicide watch. Why pay an assassin when the guy is willing to do it himself if you give him the opportunity.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
WTF is this bullshit. How could they let him do that? I hope the Mayor/Governor of New York that was running for democratic presidential nominee gets to the bottom of this quick or owns up to this and resigns. The amount of corruption going on is insane.
why does bill de blasio have to answer for a death that happened inside a federally-run jail

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Authorities at that Manhattan prison have to be either incredibly corrupt or incredibly incompetent to let this happen. Red flags everywhere.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
That doesn't sound shady at all, especially when he didn't tip off any other names about the scandal.
So corrupt..

Oct 26, 2017
What's ironic is that both the Left and Right believe something fishy happened, but believe in conspiracy theories implicating the other side. No one is believing the "apparent suicide".

Personally I don't think it's a Left/Right thing, but a Rich & Powerful thing. People with a lot of power and a lot to lose with this trial, probably pulled strings to quietly loosen the suicide watch and surveillance of Epstein. I mean, it doesn't make sense. Authorities were still figuring out if last month's incident was a suicide or murder attempt yet they loosened the restrictions? Yeah, red flags everywhere.

3bdelilah

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Regardless of who's behind this ""suicide"", I hope Epstein was smart enough to have some safety measures like killswitches installed that in the offchance he would suffer some freak accident, a video of him dropping countless names of his fellow child abusers will be sent to several news outlets.

What are the odds of this happening?

ninjabreadman

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Regardless of who's behind this ""suicide"", I hope Epstein was smart enough to have some safety measures like killswitches installed that in the offchance he would suffer some freak accident, a video of him dropping countless names of his fellow child abusers will be sent to several news outlets.

Well, a kill-switch is only effective if folks know you have one. So if they did bump him off, then they already figured it out.

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
As an experienced Correctional Officer I can provide a little insight. I can only speak to my agencies practices. Prison standards are pretty well defined due to the American Correctional Association to which we are accredited. I currently work under the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, a public state agency. I personally have worked many posts that we refer to as a one on one direct medical observation.

A direct observation is pretty well defined. These are scenarios in which an inmate has stated he wants to hurt himself, or is having thoughts of suicide. We take this inmate, handcuff them, and bring them before a medical professional typically via video conference. We then immediately secure them inside a small cell located within our medical department. A search of the cell is conducted, as well as a thorough strip search of the Offender.

The Offender is then ordered to remove all articles of clothing. There is no mattress given, or clothing. The Officer sits directly in front of the cell and directly observes the Offender continuously, and uninterrupted. If you need to use the restroom you notify another Officer or Supervisor for relief. The Offender then waits to see a medical professional for a follow up, or is shipped off of the unit to reside in a more specialized unit that caters to mental health.

We have many tools on hand in case something does go wrong. We keep on our person a foam chemical agent that is specifically designed for preventing contamination within a medical facility. This is a foam version of the standard oleoresin capsicum. Very potent. We all also keep a pair of trauma sheers for cutting through any type of potential handmade nooses, or knotting. In addition, we have a first aid kit, and gas mask.

At times the shift Lieutenant, or medical staff, may allow the Offender to have a pair of boxers, or various clothing. Unfortunately, this is when things have gone wrong from my experience. Once, my coworker was on a direct observation and the Offender walked over to the toilet, climbed up on top of it and began to tie his shirt onto the ventilation grate. The Officer responded by initiating our incident command system over the radio requesting a supervisor and additional staff. I responded and witnessed that the Offender had been sprayed per protocol with the chemical agent. He was in great distress, but alive.

Nov 14, 2017

Christ, he's going to become like Lord Lucan isn't he?

I personally think he might have legit killed himself. He probably got word that nobody wanted to help him out, so he was most likely going to get convicted. He's famous, so other inmates would know who he is and what he did. Most convicts don't like sex offenders, especially paedophiles, so he most likely figured it was best to check out now.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
The psychiatrist OK'd taking him off suicide watch. Less than a week after suspicious circumstances lead to his neck having marks/abrasions. While also most likely being fully aware of who they had under their "care".

I was going to say that psychiatrist should have their license revoked, but they were either complicit or clueless. Either way they'll end up dead months down the road. And no one will care. Our attention spans are laughable. We had people in high places all over the world shitting their pants and because of this it's back to square one. Everything is a conspiracy.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The psychiatrist OK'd taking him off suicide watch. Less than a week after suspicious circumstances lead to his neck having marks/abrasions. While also most likely being fully aware of who they had under their "care".

I was going to say that psychiatrist should have their license revoked, but they were either complicit or clueless. Either way they'll end up dead months down the road. And no one will care. Our attention spans are laughable. We had people in high places all over the world shitting their pants and because of this it's back to square one. Everything is a conspiracy.
This is a very Highlander post, tbh

Airegin

Dec 10, 2017

Zero. He was an evil piece of shit and wouldn't have even given it any thought.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
User Banned (3 Days): Ignoring staff post
I love how now this is a conspiracy you can believe in kids. Even if it is not true. This one is suspect! But the others are all not cuz NEWS was right all along guys! Even though the fire commissioners of NY want an investigation into explosives at 9/11 NO NO NO this one is the one the plebes believe in lol. The others under Cheney and Bush and the most corrupt admin ever were just tea and coffee.

Why don't you all just realize your entire news theatrics is run by fucking 5 white rich guys who do whatever the fuck they want and nothing you believe is certain.

BECAUSE IT WOULD THREATEN AMERICA MILES DAVIS! OH NOES!

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

Maybe some are relieved, but I bet most would have preferred that he got his day in court and his enablers and accomplices went down with him.