• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tlaloc

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus the amount of conspiracy theory shit posting in this thread is amazing and depressing.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Unbenannt.PNG

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a conspieracy theorist, but this seems highly suspicious. But the folks in the high tower will do anything to keep their secrets safe.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
It really is just an impossibility to see these pedo-networks among the powerful people come to light properly and see their downfall, right? It's just never going to happen.

Jexhius

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
It's not a 'secret shadowy cabal' when it's literally just politicians and business people whose names were all in a book that Epstien had.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit man, this world is so fucking corrupted it's insane.

Politicians like Donald would have never let this man live to tell his story, and now we just have to move on even though we know this death is bullshit.

Johnwess

Nov 3, 2017
Accuse the alt right of conspiracy theories , spread conspiracy theories , but won't accept american prisons are shitty hell holes.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Oh, please.

This wasn't your run of the mill inmate.

When there is a will there is way, even under suicide watch.

Epstein wasn't normal burglar or rapist sure, but he also was a man who really wanted to die. He could have been just that much of an coward that he couldn't face music so he took this exit. Then I would believe in conspiracy theories about powerful faceless people having him offed if there had been any reporting or rumors about Epstein co-operating with prosecution.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, it's unlikely somebody literally murdered him; it's more likely someone slipped him the tools he needed, knowing he'd do it himself. There's no reason to do something so risky when you can do something much easier with the same end result.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I'm not usually a conspiracy guy, but someone paid someone here. A guy like Dersh, with connections that could implicate all kinds of obscenely rich people, doesn't get two chances at killing himself without that. And I'm guessing we're never going to know anything more than that.
Wrong guy. Lol

But your point is well taken.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Wondering why we immediately go to wild conspiracy theories for this shit.
I mean it is a natural response in face of such overwhelming and overpowering knowledge that nothing you do will ever hold the the numerous powerful people responsible for the crimes of raping children to account. Even if it was incredible incompetence that let Epstein die, a lot of people are gonna get off scott free and will likely be cheering.

zon

Oct 28, 2017
Next week all the guards involved will, by sheer coincidence if course, win a huge amount of money from a international lottery. It just so happens to be the first time they ever played too, what luck!

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Also, it's unlikely somebody literally murdered him; it's more likely someone slipped him the tools he needed, knowing he'd do it himself. There's no reason to do something so risky when you can do something much easier with the same end result.
I fail to see the difference.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Could we maybe not embrace conspiracy theories as if this place was some kind of alt-right shithole?

Crime organizations and authoritarian governments do this frequently. This isn't some wacky monolithic conspiracy theory done by a shadowy cabal for vague, evil reasons.

Like, how is this more of a conspiracy theory than the inflitration of law institutions by white supremiststs? Or law enforcement officers getting off free after murdering people?

I don't want to get into pedantic and academic about the difference between a "conspiracy" and "conspiracy culture" or a "conspiracy theory." But this is an absolutely awful take.

Oct 26, 2017
Suspect, very suspect. I don't share other's optimism he was going to name names or aid prosecutors. I do worry though that case/investigation is dropped now.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like most of you need to head on over to twitter to be with your people.

HhLHf8l.png

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Accuse the alt right of conspiracy theories , spread conspiracy theories , but won't accept american prisons are shitty hell holes.

lol he was literally the highest profile prisoner in the U.S. and you think he had the same accomodations and attention as an average joe in any ole prison?

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Look, if dozens of wealthy people can get away with taking part in a child sex ring for decades, it's not impossible for them to influence something like this to happen. Or the threats were just that severe.

But it's way too early to start pointing fingers in earnest, hopefully everyone throwing around names in here is just fucking around.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
Everyone working in that prison needs to be arrested and in a separate interrogation room right now. I don't believe in conspiracies but this is too much.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
So they just watched him and he died on the spot. A likely story.
to add on to the tweet Tovarisc posted earlier. Local jails/prisons are woefully inadequate at preventing suicide even when under watch. The NIC and JD both have studies that show an unacceptable rate of successful suicide in facilities. Just Google jail suicide statistics and you'll find a boat load of really depressing papers. It's actually extremely likely

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know conspiracy theories are usually bullshit, but this could have only happened in three ways:

1) He legitimately committed suicide without any outside interference. This implies incredible amounts of incompetence on the part of the NYPD.
2) He committed suicide, but someone bribed the guards to look the other way, and/or supplied him with the tools necessary to kill himself.
3) He was murdered, and multiple people were bribed to let this happen. This is the most implausible one, though, but not impossible.

It's not that implausible. Either the cops fucked up hardcore, or he had 'help'. I'm not deciding on any particular theory until we have more info, but this is the sort of shit mobsters have been known to get away with.