• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Adam Klasfeld @KlasfeldReports

First reaction: There should be hearings as to how this was allowed to happen to a key witness in an investigation involving a global sex-trafficking conspiracy.

Second reaction: A former federal prosecutor informs me about this secord-order effect in terms of legal procedure.

EtHTBfQ.jpg

9:56 AM - Aug 10, 2019

Edit:

Bakari Sellers @Bakari_Sellers

Yeah true BUT, without someone to INDEPENDENTLY verify or authenticate, good luck using it in trial.

10:03 AM - Aug 10, 2019

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
wait, why Clinton and not..... all the other low profile billionaires he most likely was going to expose?

You know why. No plan just people living out their fantasy.

That said, this is making the road to justice very bumpy without a man on trial to focus the spectacle of a man being the mastermind of compromising powerful men with the horror crime of sex slaving young girls.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Lol I find it hard to care about how the child rapist was treated in prison. Yes our prisons are pretty bad but let's not try to make this about such a thing. Tweet reads like damage control.

No it fucking doesn't. It's highlighting the absolute inept, incompetent procedural operation of the American justice system including incarceration, and how readily and easily people fall through the cracks, including committing suicide, when measures should be implemented to prevent as much. It's easy and comfortable to assume King Paedophile was taken out by the rich and powerful, and he might have been, but it's a illogical to also not consider the incompetence of the American prison system that allows shit like this to happen all the time.

It'd be a hell of a revelation that someone was paid of to let this happen, and that might be the case. It's also entirely possible Epstein literally fucking killed himself because incompetent prison management and rostered guards unintentionally allowed a window for this to happen, or intentionally not because of conspiracy but because they didn't care that a paedophile was going to neck himself. Prison incompetence is, at minimum, just as likely as the conspiracy theories. That is what makes this so frustrating, and what the tweet is highlighting.

As noted, this entire situation requires an enormous investigation. Someone on suicide watch, of this high profile, should not have had a window to go through.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Why do people think the case goes away if he dies? Still plenty to investigate

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have any idea if he was killed or committed suicide, but I think it's really rich how people are so quick to dismiss the possibility and ridiculing everyone by talking about tinfoil, as if similar (and way more absurd even) things haven't already happened and been recorded and documented, sometimes many years after the facts.
A billionaire that can implicate many of the worlds most powerful people in a sex trafficking/ pedophile ring dies after apparently not being carefully guarded following a previous suicide attempt that was widely scrutinized. Yeah clearly we shouldn't take a second look.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Really disappointing that he won't be naming names.
The only silver lining is that this piece of shit is dead and won't walk off.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Ya'll need to read Michael Barkun's A Culture of Conspiracy or any of other dozens of academic books or articles written on the subject by scholars who study the difference between real life conspiracies and conspiracy theories for a living.

Because the hot takes equating this to Qanon or any monolithic conspiracy theory are embarrassing at best, and anti-intellectual at worst. I'm not saying it was a conspiracy, but a hit job or the paying a handful of people to look the other way in an incompetent messy way is not a "conspiracy theory" in the same sense that the" Deepstate controls everything and is trying to destroy white people through globalism and female protagonists" is a "conspiracy theory".
I agree, I am normally not a conspiracy minded person but proven real conspiracies in history are always sloppy and shitty cause the people running it aren't omniscient demigods, however this entire thing feels sloppy and shitty so I am more inclined to believe in a conspiracy regarding this incident.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
It's not a 'secret shadowy cabal' when it's literally just politicians and business people whose names were all in a book that Epstien had.
Yep. We know the Democratic and Republican candidates for President in 2016 were chummy and attended family weddings with the head of an international sex ring trafficking underage girls and his mistress who had already been charged with sex crimes involving underage girls.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana

If the prison system is what you focus on right now I don't know what to tell you.

My point is that even if it were some assassination it's still just as abhorrent. No one should be okay with corrupt guards/payoffs and failed institutions we task with keeping high profile prisoners from fucking offing themselves or being murdered. And it is so because his victims deserve justice and all his fellow abusers deserve to be outted and put on trial as well.

Ridiculous fucking bullshit but nothing surprises me anymore in 2019.

Huggy

Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Enough with the conspiracy theories. Stop this, and move on.

If this is referring to whether he commited suicide or not, it would be very silly to shut down discussion seeing how the events played out. Like I absolutely hate conspiracy bullshit, but even I can't see how a high profile prisoner on suicide watch manages to kill himself.

If referring to the people putting blame on a named person (Clinton/Trump) then yes I agree that is incredibly stupid and should stop. But you should definitely edit your post cause it seems like you're trying to shut down discussion as a whole

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why do people think the case goes away if he dies? Still plenty to investigate
the most likely scenario is that he would have been able to testify to facts that aren't documented elsewhere or known to others in his circle, so killing him protects certain clients of his even if ghislane maxwell goes to trial

or maybe they'll bump her off too, who knows

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
the fact that 2 of the last 4 United States presidents were factually on the lolita express more then once is provable and not a conspiracy theory :^)

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Will the investigation go through to the end?

If there is wide and deep conspiracy of extremely powerful families who arranged this "suicide" then of course it will go through as they don't want attention to conspiracy. Investigation will find nothing else than some guard negligence on supervision, but it wasn't arranged suicide.

This then further fuels conspiracy theory.

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to read up what suicide watch entails and this happened:
X0qaFnr.png

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 days): Trolling; Ignoring staff post
The pure ineptitude for that to be allowed to happen to the most important prisoner in the country

Ya ok

Nice SEE STAFF POST by the way lol, what a joke. U might as well lock the thread

Plum

May 31, 2018
Ya'll need to read Michael Barkun's A Culture of Conspiracy or any of other dozens of academic books or articles written on the subject by scholars who study the difference between real life conspiracies and conspiracy theories for a living.

Because the hot takes equating this to Qanon or any monolithic conspiracy theory are embarrassing at best, and anti-intellectual at worst. I'm not saying it was a conspiracy, but a hit job or the paying a handful of people to look the other way in an incompetent messy way is not a "conspiracy theory" in the same sense that the" Deepstate controls everything and is trying to destroy white people through globalism and female protagonists" is a "conspiracy theory".

I think people tend to see any 'secret thing' as a conspiracy theory, and because the phrase is so tainted by bat-shit ridiculous theories such as Flat Earth, Qanon, etc the 'secret things' that have got some likeliness to them are thrown into the dismissal pile.

It's not uncommon for public and private services to fail the people they were designed to protect.

It's not uncommon for car accidents to just be accidents, but I'm pretty sure you'd never see a police officer go "yep, just an accident, no need to investigate," on arriving at the scene of one.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
A sex trafficking ring involving the most powerful and wealthy gets unearthed...and people still deny how powerful the wealthy really are.

Absolute and complete denial on everything that has "conspirational" implications is naive and ignorant. You look like alt righters who get allergic to everything that has "fact" in it.

Watch everyone important get away with it and people still in denial somethings not fishy.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep cause Epstein was your average joe
Right?!! our justice system is mostly trash in this country and suicides happen pretty regularly to average inmates. But Epstein was not an average inmate and it is insane the feds allowed this to happen just a month after they were already being criticized for not preventing his failed suicide attempt.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
On suicide watch yet has enough time to make a rope to hang himself without anyone noticing. Good job everyone.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
This wasn't some random prisoner, and he was already supposed to be on suicide watch. "In general jails are bad at preventing suicide" is not a convincing argument for this case
jails are bad at preventing suicide even while the prisoner is under watch. I don't think people understand what suicide watch actually entails in this thread. And no him being high profile does not make me doubt the ineptitude of guards making $10 an hour any more than I had previously. I will admit, though, that my main point in citing the rampant issues with suicide prevention in detention facilities was as much about curbing the stupid Clinton nonsense as it was highlighting a problem this country has overall. The only two Democrats actually accused of anything by any victim in this case are Bill Richardson and George Mitchell so let's all blame it on them instead of the neoliberal everyone loves to hate here

Adam Klasfeld @KlasfeldReports

First reaction: There should be hearings as to how this was allowed to happen to a key witness in an investigation involving a global sex-trafficking conspiracy.

Second reaction: A former federal prosecutor informs me about this secord-order effect in terms of legal procedure.

EtHTBfQ.jpg

9:56 AM - Aug 10, 2019

If this is true I'd hope it would help squash the nonsense. I Would imagine you'd want to avoid this happening if you were part of the secret Clinton cabal

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So what about the dockets? Aren't more names going to be named? Will these individuals not be charged now?