• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
so my facebook feed is nothing but my right-wing friends saying clinton killed him...but not one mention that trump was on that plane and island to, hmmm.

Do i think he killed himself, probably. if someone powerful did put a hit on him, i wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
New York Times has a pretty comprehensive story about why Epstein wasn't on suicide watch.

Jail staff telling press off the record that Epstein wouldn't have died had he still been on suicide watch. Also, there's this nugget:
On July 23, Mr. Epstein was lying unconscious in a cell he shared with another inmate, with bruises on his neck. Law enforcement officials at the time said his injuries were not serious, but the incident was investigated as a possible suicide.
Before that incident, the former financier had been housed in a cell with Nicholas Tartaglione, a former police officer facing murder charges. Their cell was in a special unit with strict security measures that is used to separate some inmates from the general population.

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's considered a conspiracy theory?

The theory that it might be more than a suicide, really isn't much of a stretch.

I just don't understand why the fuck he wasn't under surveillance 24/7, until he gave a testimony. Makes no sense. Utter incompetency. And why the absolute flying fuck was he sharing a cell?

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow it's surreal that his cellmate was Nicholas Tartaglione.... in high school I used to laugh at this insane public cable access show called Dirge for the Charlatans where this guy who looked like a Tim and Eric character would just complain about Tartaglione, who was a local cop at the time. Always saying he was crooked, or broadcasting from a bed with bruises and casts saying "Nicholas Tartaglione did this to me!" He seemed insane, so weird this all led here like 15 years later.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
This is a bit shocking, it feels like a proper Russian cleanup job, but it's not something America is new to. I have to voice that the staff post is a bit ridiculous, considering that rather than a conspiracy theory it is quite obvious what happened here. Shutting down that conversation is blocking the most important part of it.
Agreed. It's really shitty and controlling. To be expected I️ suppose

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
While I might have my suspicious, if we can avoid going full conspiracy until a bit more proof is out there, I'd appreciate.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
This probably what happened and it's scary how many people are ready to buy into the conspiracy

The guy literally got off with a slap in the wrist for sexually assaulting minors years ago, and you think it's scary that people suspect that he might be at the center of a second conspiracy?

Last edited:

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
So, even with his death, the DOJ announced not only are they still continuing all of the investigations surrounding his crimes, they're now investigating his death too.

Does this mean that if it was meant as an attempt to silence the info surrounding his crimes, that it backfired?

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
What's considered a conspiracy theory?

The theory that it might be more than a suicide, really isn't much of a stretch.

I just don't understand why the fuck he wasn't under surveillance 24/7, until he gave a testimony. Makes no sense. Utter incompetency. And why the absolute flying fuck was he sharing a cell?

Likely because, if there was corrupt influence here, the play wasn't to murder the guy. It was to insure he didn't stay on suicide watch, because it was only a matter of time until he attempted again and succeeded. There's the possibilitythat he wanted to die and did need to remain on watch.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
so my facebook feed is nothing but my right-wing friends saying clinton killed him...but not one mention that trump was on that plane and island to, hmmm.

Do i think he killed himself, probably. if someone powerful did put a hit on him, i wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.
unlike-all-facebook-pages-at-once.jpg

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
So, even with his death, the DOJ announced not only are they still continuing all of the investigations surrounding his crimes, they're now investigating his death too.

Does this mean that if it was meant as an attempt to silence the info surrounding his crimes, that it backfired?
No one thought it would end anything just makes it harder to prove

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

Depends on what kind of investigation we get. If they investigate his death the same way they investigated Kavanaugh, then the attempt to silence will be successful. They'll "investigate" find no wrong doing, then move on.

Sadly, I feel like this will be the end of it. Even if it truly was a suicide, with no outside influences, we'll never get a close enough look to be able to trust the findings.

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
Wow it's surreal that his cellmate was Nicholas Tartaglione.... in high school I used to laugh at this insane public cable access show called Dirge for the Charlatans where this guy who looked like a Tim and Eric character would just complain about Tartaglione, who was a local cop at the time. Always saying he was crooked, or broadcasting from a bed with bruises and casts saying "Nicholas Tartaglione did this to me!" He seemed insane, so weird this all led here like 15 years later.
Thanks for sending me down this hole that also includes a great Jeanine Pirro reference from 1999.

Article on said public access show

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I was put in a cell once and they took my belt and my shoelaces. I was 18 and tripping on acid. That was in Scotland though - can't say what it's like over there. Can't be that difficult to keep people alive in a cell I would have thought but I know nothing.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
I was put in a cell once and they took my belt and my shoelaces. I was 18 and tripping on acid. That was in Scotland though - can't say what it's like over there. Can't be that difficult to keep people alive in a cell I would have thought but I know nothing.

Jail (short term holding) vs. Prison. Scotland and most other Western countries also have a prison suicide problem.

I do think that Epstein should have had far more surveillance however given what we know.

Jan 10, 2018
Mods I get the intent, but the whole fucking world calls bullshit.

How about a compromise, disbelief it was suicide but instant ban for XY did it posts aka presidential posts

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Inmates can only be removed from the watch when the program coordinator, who is generally the chief psychologist at the facility, deems they are no longer at imminent risk for suicide according a 2007 Bureau of Prison document outlining suicide prevention policies. The inmates cannot be removed from the watch without a face-to-face psychological evaluation.

Anybody here qualified to be a chief psychologist?

I think there's about to be an opening.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
The simple fact that I, a person with no criminal justice experience whatsoever, knew that he was going to kill himself or die before trial, shows that something just isn't right with this. How does anyone with any type of power , let that happen.

I got the news this morning, and wasn't even close to shocked at all.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I don't want to sound gruesome but how did he manage to hang himself?, I thought inmates had extremely limited supplies for this reason?

They can easily use their own clothing or bedding for hanging. Also, they don't have to be up in the air when they do it. They can just tie it to a bed post on the ground and lie down. It's enough to cut the circulation.

Deleted member 20603

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't want to sound gruesome but how did he manage to hang himself?, I thought inmates had extremely limited supplies for this reason?

Maybe with his clothing. But are there just random hooks or bars hanging from the ceiling, or what? I thought high security stuff was supposed to be all smooth surfaces

EDIT:

They can easily use their own clothing or bedding for hanging. Also, they don't have to be up in the air when they do it. They can just tie it to a bed post on the ground and lie down. It's enough to cut the circulation.

Oh, good point

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
Why does believing Epstein was murdered suddenly make people think you're a conspiracy theory nut? I mentioned my feelings on it to someone at work and they're suddenly emailing me Deep State videos and other conspiracy Theory shit. Just because I believe this one instance may be a conspiracy doesn't mean I want to jump into the rabbit hole of crazy.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah that's true, but that would take a while no?, shouldn't he have been monitored?

I posted this earlier, but rounds are conducted everything 15 minutes in a SHU. A round is when the officers will go and physically check all the inmates. If you wanted to kill yourself, just wait until the officers are done checking then you have 15 minutes to do it. In 15 minutes you'd be unconscious, brain dead, or just dead if left hanging that long.

Personally, I believe he should have been left on suicide watch. However, that decision comes from the psych team. So, they are probably going to have a lot of explaining to do.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I posted this earlier, but rounds are conducted everything 15 minutes in a SHU. A round is when the officers will go and physically check all the inmates. If you wanted to kill yourself, just wait until the officers are done checking then you have 15 minutes to do it. In 15 minutes you'd be unconscious, brain dead, or just dead if left hanging that long.

Personally, I believe he should have been left on suicide watch. However, that decision comes from the psych team. So, they are probably going to have a lot of explaining to do.

Ah ok that makes more sense.

bricewgilbert

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WA, USA
The simple fact that I, a person with no criminal justice experience whatsoever, knew that he was going to kill himself or die before trial, shows that something just isn't right with this. How does anyone with any type of power , let that happen.

I got the news this morning, and wasn't even close to shocked at all.

Right? Like I had a feeling of fucking deja vu when I read it.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
TOTAL HEARSAY, but for what it's worth:

I have friends in the NYC lawyer world, and what their hearing from folks they know in the DA's office is essentially "lol of course this was a hit, don't be stupid."