• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017

Danielle Ivory @danielle_ivory

Prison workers expressed dismay at the decision to allow the warden to continue working.

"The warden made the call to take Epstein off suicide watch and to remove his cellmate. That is egregious." — Jose Rojas, Prison union official and teacher at Coleman prison in Florida

4:34 PM - Aug 13, 2019

Hmmmmmmmm......Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......not suspicious at all...nope, not one bit. Just coincidences everywhere. No smoke from this obvious blazing dumpster fire right here that I'm pointing at.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

It wouldn't surprise me if they did. There is a document that you have to put down the times you do your rounds. Some officers would pencil whip it or put down incorrect times. DOJ OIG came in once and give us a huge spiel about what would happen if you falsified documents.

There is a lot of complacency and incompetence at these facilities.

DarkLancer

Alt account
Banned
Apr 18, 2019
So I'll post this one last time. I'd like to know what others think. Maybe people haven't responded because of cognitive dissonance. It's not nice to think a victim may be lying. But check this article out. It's based on the unsealed documents. Basically Giuffre seems to be taking suggestions on men she should accuse. It's definitely troubling.

But Dershowitz claims one document in particular also poses a problem for Giuffre: a 2011 email exchange between her and a British tabloid reporter who had interviewed her about her years under Epstein's sway.
In the email, Giuffre told the Mail on Sunday reporter, Sharon Churcher, she was racing to meet a deadline for a draft of what she would later describe as a "fictionalized account" of what happened to her.
"Just wondering if you have any information on you from when you and I were doing interviews about the J.E. story," Giuffre wrote Churcher.
"I wanted to put the names of some of the assholes, oops, I meant to say, pedo's, that J.E. sent me to. With everything going on, my brain feels like mush and it would be a great deal of help!" Giuffre added.
The emails in the court file shows Churcher responded: "Don't forget Alan Dershowitz… J.E.'s buddy and lawyer...good name for your pitch as he repped Claus von Bulow and a movie was made about that case… title was Reversal of Fortune. We all suspect Alan is a pedo and tho no proof of that, you probably met him when he was hanging out with JE."

Giuffre's reply contained no reference to Dershowitz, just a simple, "Thanks again Shazza, I'm bringing down the house with this book!!"

Last edited:

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
It wouldn't surprise me if they did. There is a document that you have to put down the times you do your rounds. Some officers would pencil whip it or put down incorrect times. DOJ OIG came in once and give us a huge spiel about what would happen if you falsified documents.

There is a lot of complacency and incompetence at these facilities.
I completely believe that's the case, but the thing that will always be hard to believe is that they didn't treat Epstein at least a little bit differently than your average inmate. Like, you couldn't even give him the special treatment of simply following procedure?

nextJin

Mar 17, 2018
Georgia
Officers, Guards, or whomever routinely falsify checks and paperwork. There is usually buttons, switches, forms that need to be filled out/logged/pressed throughout the route.

The issue is almost no one checks those logs unless something happens then the guard/officer is screwed. It is usually never an issue and for these officers the last time anything of importance occurred was 2 decades earlier. So the officers falsifying documents is reasonable (it doesn't matter who the prisoner is).

The issue is the entirety of extenuating circumstances and one off chances.

Taken off suicide watch, other prisoner removed, guards screw up, cameras malfunction, etc.

I still believe he committed suicide and likely won't change my opinion unless those guards or the warden wind up dead within a few months.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, "people forgot to do their rounds", "there was a malfunction of surveillance", "The prisoner still somehow had access to materials through which he could harm himself"....

Just think of the confluence of events that all had to take place for this to happen.

Look, I'm not a conspiracy nut. But we're talking about *multiple* levels of systemic failure that had to happen for this to go down the way it did. What are the odds?
It's the kind of thing that happens everyday in prisons. Prison suicide is an epidemic the vast majority don't care about. If he was some no name molester it wouldn't even be a footnote in a local newspaper.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Someone came around with a big turkey roast and some nyquil to show the guards their appreciation and one thing led to another.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yes, officers fall asleep, especially on morning watch. There is nothing to do besides your rounds and counts. The hardest part about morning watch is staying awake, especially when you have been working seven days straight and now doing an 16 hour shift.

Nothing they said so far surprises me. All this stuff happens. The only reason we are hearing about this one is because of him being high profile. If this was just an average inmate all of this what have been handled internally and swept under the rug.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's the kind of thing that happens everyday in prisons. Prison suicide is an epidemic the vast majority don't care about. If he was some no name molester it wouldn't even be a footnote in a local newspaper.
I think the only counter to this is that he wasn't a no name molester, he was extremely high profile.

Greecian

Oct 27, 2017
So I'll post this one last time. I'd like to know what others think. Maybe people haven't responded because of cognitive dissonance. It's not nice to think a victim may be lying. But check this article out. It's based on the unsealed documents. Basically Giuffre seems to be taking suggestions on men she should accuse. It's definitely troubling.

But Dershowitz claims one document in particular also poses a problem for Giuffre: a 2011 email exchange between her and a British tabloid reporter who had interviewed her about her years under Epstein's sway.
In the email, Giuffre told the Mail on Sunday reporter, Sharon Churcher, she was racing to meet a deadline for a draft of what she would later describe as a "fictionalized account" of what happened to her.
"Just wondering if you have any information on you from when you and I were doing interviews about the J.E. story," Giuffre wrote Churcher.
"I wanted to put the names of some of the assholes, oops, I meant to say, pedo's, that J.E. sent me to. With everything going on, my brain feels like mush and it would be a great deal of help!" Giuffre added.
The emails in the court file shows Churcher responded: "Don't forget Alan Dershowitz… J.E.'s buddy and lawyer...good name for your pitch as he repped Claus von Bulow and a movie was made about that case… title was Reversal of Fortune. We all suspect Alan is a pedo and tho no proof of that, you probably met him when he was hanging out with JE."

Giuffre's reply contained no reference to Dershowitz, just a simple, "Thanks again Shazza, I'm bringing down the house with this book!!"
I think he's a disgusting piece of shit

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
The lack of accountability from the top of this administration is, like most things about this administration, just despicable.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So I'll post this one last time. I'd like to know what others think. Maybe people haven't responded because of cognitive dissonance. It's not nice to think a victim may be lying. But check this article out.

What response are you looking for aside from... "okay?"

She may have been lying, sure. But we have a mountain of other evidence that isn't, so it's really neither here nor there. Unless you're suggesting he's innocent, it's just irrelevant.

DarkLancer

Alt account
Banned
Apr 18, 2019

She may have been lying, sure. But we have a mountain of other evidence that isn't, so it's really neither here nor there. Unless you're suggesting he's innocent, it's just irrelevant.

Falsifying rape is just "okay"? Gee the cognitive dissonance is big here. But what is the other mountain of evidence anyway? Wasn't she the only one that accused Dershowitz?

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Falsifying rape is just "okay"? Gee the cognitive dissonance is big here. But what is the other mountain of evidence anyway? Wasn't she the only one that accused Dershowitz?

If you're main argument is defending Dershowitz, I'd ask why you think a thread about Epstein's suicide is the one to bring it up in. I don't think Epstein killing himself had anything to do with it.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
El Chapo Guzman was under strict 24/7 camera surveillance pending his trial, he was roomed 3 cell blocks away from Epstein' cell.

it is safe to ask questions why the strict surveillance priority given to Guzman was not applied to Epstein.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018

now, let's think about why this situation is (possibly) different than your average prison suicide

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
BmvNggc.jpg

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney

From an interview with Epstein former bodyguard, highlights include:
- Extremely nervous demeanour throughout
- Saying that the local police would tell Epstein what time they were coming the next day
- Straight up saying that Epstein "had help" committing suicide

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We had a chance to "peel back the curtain", so to speak, and it slipped out of our fingers.

Good job justice system. Very accountable and reliable.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty depressing that the response to this is, "of course he's dead, people kill themselves all the time in jail, the guards are overworked and the conditions are deplorable, why is everyone making a big deal out of this?" We've had a month of Americans complaining about the condition of ASAP Rocky's incarceration in Sweden, and even Jared fucking Kushner is on a personal crusade for prison reform, and there are people out there that still don't care about what happened to Epstein.

Matthew Yglesias on his recent The Weeds podcast makes a good point comparing this to the Kennedy assassination. Sure, Oswald did it, and fine, he was killed by a mob-connected gunman before trial who later died in jail of cancer awaiting retrial, that's probably all a coincidence... But they needed to write the Warren commission report. There were changes made to how the secret service performed its duties because of recommendations and finding made from that report. And while the Warren commission didn't stop all the conspiracy theorists, to simply say, "hey, the president was assassinated and his assassin was assassinated while in custody, let's all just move on," would be utter insanity. Plus, auditing the prison system in America is necessary.

There needs to be a huge spotlight on the Epstein affair going forward.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This has been bothering me recently because the guy you were responding to seems to think Dershowitz was somehow vindicated by that phrasing in the doc drop.

But regardless of his guilt or innocence as I understood it, Dershowitz 's "gotcha see I couldn't have done the thing I just excruciatingly defended in a weird little essay apropos of nothing" not only has nothing to do with the way he was denying involvement before the release of those documents, it also relies on the bland wording of an unanswered statement made by a separate person talking to his accuser - not the accuser themself. The accuser simply stayed silent while the third person reeled off a list of possibilities.

It wouldn't fly in court at all and I'm surprised the press isn't clearing up that item.

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Yes, officers fall asleep, especially on morning watch. There is nothing to do besides your rounds and counts. The hardest part about morning watch is staying awake, especially when you have been working seven days straight and now doing an 16 hour shift.

Nothing they said so far surprises me. All this stuff happens. The only reason we are hearing about this one is because of him being high profile. If this was just an average inmate all of this what have been handled internally and swept under the rug.

I mean if you ignore almost every aspect of the case, sure, this makes sense. A billionaire pedophile with connections to multiple powerful intelligence agencies and possible dirt on countless high-status players, whose suicide would require a Final Destination-esque confluence of happenings? At a bare minimum, extreme scrutiny is required here.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
I mean if you ignore almost every aspect of the case, sure, this makes sense. A billionaire pedophile with connections to multiple powerful intelligence agencies and possible dirt on countless high-status players, whose suicide would require a Final Destination-esque confluence of happenings? At a bare minimum, extreme scrutiny is required here.
The guard working a 60 hour work week of overnights for $20-30 /hour simply doesn't give a shit. Every single overnight job with high hours and rotating shifts has people sleeping and generally not caring about much except wanting it to be go home time. Anyone who's ever worked from 6pm to 6am is more interested in a 5am catnap or skipping their hourly duties for an extra game of angry birds on the shitter, it's human nature. Camera business is fishy sure, but the human element of the sleepy guard pencil whipping duties 50 hours into his work week here isn't at all out of the ordinary tbh. No lower/middle class paid guard gives a damn about any prisoner if they're that tired. Put yourself in his shoes; 16 hour work day into the middle of the night ; you feel under appreciated and just don't care. Some scumbag prisoner might kill himself on your watch? "Meh whatever, I'm tired, prison should've had cameras". Looking to blame the guards is an extreme scapegoat when higherups are certainly well aware of this aspect and probably are giggling anytime the media points the finger at some patsy instead of the other more important ignored fallthroughs

Greecian

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently Ghislaine Maxwell was spotted today?

edit: the source is DailyMail, not sure if that source is trustworthy.

Oct 27, 2017

From an interview with Epstein former bodyguard, highlights include:
- Extremely nervous demeanour throughout
- Saying that the local police would tell Epstein what time they were coming the next day
- Straight up saying that Epstein "had help" committing suicide

This is fucked up. And most certainly, there is smoke. This shit is wayyy too convenient.

AdrianG4

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is that portrait of Bill Clinton in a Blue dress found in Epsteisn Island at all true ? Only NYpost and Dailymail are reporting it so far

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Carol Leonnig @CarolLeonnig

NEW >>>> Jeff Epstein autopsy found multiple neck bone fractures, which can be caused by suicidal hanging -- but are more commonly found in homicidal strangulation.

The mystery deepens about the death of a billionaire w secrets

Me w @byaaroncdavis http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/autopsy-finds-broken-bones-in-jeffrey-epsteins-neck-deepening-questions-around-his-death/2019/08/14/d09ac934-bdd9-11e9-b873-63ace636af08_story.html …

11:33 PM - Aug 14, 2019

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017

Carol Leonnig @CarolLeonnig

NEW >>>> Jeff Epstein autopsy found multiple neck bone fractures, which can be caused by suicidal hanging -- but are more commonly found in homicidal strangulation.

The mystery deepens about the death of a billionaire w secrets

Me w @byaaroncdavis http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/autopsy-finds-broken-bones-in-jeffrey-epsteins-neck-deepening-questions-around-his-death/2019/08/14/d09ac934-bdd9-11e9-b873-63ace636af08_story.html …

11:33 PM - Aug 14, 2019

Jesus CHrist

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ok.

I'm going with probably murdered.

Never mind my previous statements. I stand corrected.

I don't believe for a second he could hang himself that good, he's a wimp. Really.

I honestly thought it would be a suffocating hanging.

Let's see the hallway video.