• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ortix

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm using it to illustrate an example, Bill Clinton has a questionable history at best surrounding his treatment of women, it isn't a stretch to see him taking this plane to commit child rape.

Uh, yes, that is a huge jump. Secondly, I asked about your use of "the Clintons", ie your inclusion of Hillary. Your response was to come up with some totally unrelated shit.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes? You think HR would ban someone from working because of their former boss?

Is it that tough to wait for actual evidence these days?
uh it's less about hypothetically qualifying for a job and more about how you maybe shouldn't invite a convicted pedophiles bff/madame of two decades to your child's wedding and how it's kind of preposterous to suggest that no-one was aware of their previous connection

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
yup. people just don't want to have that conversation
Even ignoring the Epstein allegation, Trump currently has about a dozen outstanding sexual assualt allegations with grown women.

Given the binary option of making a statement along the lines of "I believe women, Clinton and whomever else got to fall" or blurting out "these bitches be lying", he'll invariably choose the latter.

hendersonhank

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can understand this viewpoint when your boss maybe did some financial crime or drug stuff but not when your fucking boss is getting convicted for a paedophile plane lol

He wasn't convicted for that, or charged for that. It was assaulting some girls in his Florida house. Nothing to do with a pedo ring or blackmailing clients or a plane or a private island.

So assuming Bill wasn't involved in a secret pedo ring, the fact that he remained friends with a NY elite who had been an assistant to a guy who assaulted his underage masseuse, is not indicative of anything at all really.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I fucking hate Trump and he's 2000% a rapist, happy? Everyone in Epstein child molestation ring should be jailed but we know that won't happen.

Just want to be sure we're on the same page. It's interesting to see people attack Bill Clinton and reference his past with women, while ignoring Trumps far more extensive past.

Mar 9, 2018
I fucking hate Trump and he's 2000% a rapist, happy? Everyone in Epstein child molestation ring should be jailed but we know that won't happen.
I agree with you 100%. Hillary planned to elevate her credibly accused rapist husband if she won the White House. She continues with him until today. It's relevant as to painting a picture of what these people are capable of and okay with. It's one of the many reasons nobody should listen to Hillary's opinion on anything. I regret backing that POS (piece of shit) in the Democratic primary.

None of that suggests you approve of Donald Trump, who is a credibly accused rapist by several women (and has many dozens of other accusations) and who installed another credibly accused rapist to the Supreme Court. Like I said, their actions are relevant when discussing their potential complicity in Epstein's crimes. Trump also has a history of going into underage girls' dressing rooms during beauty pageants. There is so much that people forget because it's "old news".

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Hillary planned to elevate her credibly accused rapist husband if she won the White House.
It would be a pretty normal response for Hillary to simply not believe Juanita Broaddrick. It seems crazy to me that you leap to the conclusion that Hillary both thought Bill was a rapist and didn't care, when the other option is the simpler and more likely one.

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty clear what the right wing media etc are doing. Desperately covering Clinton as much as possible while brushing under the rug trump and everyone else. If Clinton is guilty he can go down with the rest of them but at least try and pretend to not be so obvious. Trump was a hell of a lot closer to Epstein.

Garble Slew

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta, Georgia

Jennifer Jacobs @JenniferJJacobs

Labor secretary Alex Acosta was on thin ice in the Trump admin before the indictment of Jeffrey Epstein cast a fresh spotlight on the ex-prosecutor's role.

Acosta won't resign, a spokesman says.

Story by me, @benjaminpenn @SalehaMohsin @josh_wingrove. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-07-08/acosta-s-standing-in-white-house-was-eroding-even-before-epstein …

8:25 PM - Jul 8, 2019

I'll take the ban. I don't care.

That man looks like something out of a video game character creator. When has anyone been described like that and not been a piece of shit?

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
It's pretty clear what the right wing media etc are doing. Desperately covering Clinton as much as possible while brushing under the rug trump and everyone else. If Clinton is guilty he can go down with the rest of them but at least try and pretend to not be so obvious. Trump was a hell of a lot closer to Epstein.

Agreed.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Right wing? If this is anything like 2016 the entire media will be covering the story like this. Trump maintains close friendships with virtually every media mogul for a reason 🤔

Mar 9, 2018
It would be a pretty normal response for Hillary to simply not believe Juanita Broaddrick. It seems crazy to me that you leap to the conclusion that Hillary both thought Bill was a rapist and didn't care, when the other option is the simpler and more likely one.

I believe Juanita Broaddrick, and I also believe her inference about her encounter with Hillary, where Juanita claims Hillary intimidated her.

But let's assume that part of Broaddrick's account is wrong and Hillary didn't know and Hillary just doesn't believe.

People not believing rape accusations isn't exculpatory. There are millions of reasons to look away when someone you like, someone you employ, or someone you're married to is accused. Just because you can look away doesn't mean it's justified to look away. Broaddrick's account is detailed, consistent, and backed by people who say she told them when it happened. It's not justified to look away from Broadrick's claim. If Hillary still "doesn't believe" and chooses to support and elevate the man at the center of those allegations, it is appropriate to judge Hillary accordingly.

The credibility of Broaddrick's account matters. And not only that, but Hillary has protected abusers within her campaign recently, too.

She doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
I believe Juanita Broaddrick, and I also believe her inference about her encounter with Hillary, where Juanita claims Hillary intimidated her.

But let's assume that part of Broaddrick's account is wrong and Hillary didn't know and Hillary just doesn't believe.

People not believing rape accusations isn't exculpatory. There are millions of reasons to look away when someone you like, someone you employ, or someone you're married to is accused. Just because you can look away doesn't mean it's justified to look away. Broaddrick's account is detailed, consistent, and backed by people who say she told them when it happened. It's not justified to look away from Broadrick's claim. If Hillary still "doesn't believe" and chooses to support and elevate the man at the center of those allegations, it is appropriate to judge Hillary accordingly.

The credibility of Broaddrick's account matters. And not only that, but Hillary has protected abusers within her campaign recently, too.

Hillary's alleged intimidation of Willey is equally explicable by her believing Bill/disbelieving Broaddrick. It isn't evidence of anything. Hillary believing Bill certainly is not exculpatory, but it isn't the heart of the issue, either. Bill's conduct is. Hillary being unable to judge her own husband's conduct objectively is bad, but also pretty normal, and kind of hard to care about given she's a private citizen. I would have been upset if President Hillary had made Bill economy czar or whatever — but now? Who cares.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018

She had another issue recently during the election where a top aide of hers sexually harassed a woman in the office, the woman reported it and Hillary had her moved to another location and kept the assaulter in his current position. Neither Bill nor Hilary get any benefit of the doubt.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney

Yeah after the Burns Strider incident it's really, really difficult to give Hillary any credibility on this.

Jexhius

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
It seems very unlikely that any other well known people will get dragged into this case, despite the copious evidence of people like Trump and Clinton being involved. Knowing American justice, I can't imagine that Epstein himself will get a longer sentance than some kid caught with marijuana.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
If Trump and Clinton are implicated it will really paint the 2016 election in a whole different way. I have doubts this will actually lead to major people going to jail though.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Was this link posted yet?

A trove of lewd photographs of girls, discovered in a safe inside the financier Jeffrey Epstein's Manhattan mansion the same day he was arrested, is deepening questions about why federal prosecutors in Miami had cut a deal that shielded him from federal prosecution in 2008.

Also I believe he pled not guilty to the new charges. This case will see if I can hold out any hope for justice in the US.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao. This is gonna somehow be even MORE wild than it is now when it's all said and done.
Jesus, can you imagine the ramifications to so many industries if people get dragged down with him?

Crazy stuff. Maybe Boby deserves that devil image more then people realised.
This has been out there since 2015. It's going to be swept under the rug without a doubt. All these people should go to jail and a large chunk of their wealth should be redistributed.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
This has been out there since 2015. It's going to be swept under the rug without a doubt. All these people should go to jail and a large chunk of their wealth should be redistributed.
While history would suggest it will be swept under the rug, it could be different this time.

Not only is there added focus on the illegal plea deal made previously but also with Trump being president it adds more attention to Epsteins friends and of what knowledge they had.

Add in the plea deal trying to give immunity to Co conspirators and it could be the perfect storm in it not having the chance to be ignored.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame that these people have been doing this most of their lives, but get busted for it in their sunset year, or when they outlive their usefulness. Story as old as the ages . . .

While that's true, this is still a better outcome than Jimmy Savile, which was never public until after he'd died.

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It seems very unlikely that any other well known people will get dragged into this case, despite the copious evidence of people like Trump and Clinton being involved. Knowing American justice, I can't imagine that Epstein himself will get a longer sentance than some kid caught with marijuana.

Sadly this is going to be the case. The country is to hyper-politicized right now and this involves billionaire darlings on both sides of the aisle. Just look in this very thread the people still willing to give the Clintons the benefit of the doubt, or more aptly turn a blind eye. This shit has been known for years and that's why I had to throw up voting for Hillary in 2016 and I regret doing it. I will never compromise my morals again. These are fucking child trafficking pedophiles, fuck the clintons, fuck Trump and fuck whoever else is in those logs and rode on that plane.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
English-Era: I've got to wonder, if Prince Andrew ends up being implicated in this, is that going to be the end of the royal family?

You guys tend to be way tougher on your politicians and celebrities than we are (and justifiably so!), so I can't imagine the revelation that the family was hiding a vile predator while the country celebrated royal weddings and births will go over well.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
English-Era: I've got to wonder, if Prince Andrew ends up being implicated in this, is that going to be the end of the royal family?

You guys tend to be way tougher on your politicians and celebrities than we are (and justifiably so!), so I can't imagine the revelation that the family was hiding a vile predator while the country celebrated royal weddings and births will go over well.
Pretty sure he'll just be shunned from public eye and then nothing else will happen.

Edit: Hell, the Queen ordered a hit on Princess Diana and there was no consequences.

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly this is going to be the case. The country is to hyper-politicized right now and this involves billionaire darlings on both sides of the aisle. Just look in this very thread the people still willing to give the Clintons the benefit of the doubt, or more aptly turn a blind eye. This shit has been known for years and that's why I had to throw up voting for Hillary in 2016 and I regret doing it. I will never compromise my morals again. These are fucking child trafficking pedophiles, fuck the clintons, fuck Trump and fuck whoever else is in those logs and rode on that plane.

Yes, please both sides this some more. Some rich and powerful people are going to go down from this, but links to Clinton are really damn flimsy and have been known for years. Look to Epstein's business connections and longtime associates, not people that used his private jet to attend a few charity events.

Ortix

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Some right wing conspiracy shit you're on.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
What's the maximum sentence for possession of CP? Didn't the Subway guy go to prison for same?

Also I feel like sending boxes of Pizza to the heroes at Miami herald who uncovered this.
Yeah, the Miami Herald put in the work and, unlike the FL prosecutors, actually gave a shit about the girls being abused.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, please both sides this some more. Some rich and powerful people are going to go down from this, but links to Clinton are really damn flimsy and have been known for years. Look to Epstein's business connections and longtime associates, not people that used his private jet to attend a few charity events.

Except we know that jet was used for underage sex trafficking. So all we have is Clinton's word that he wasn't on a sex plane. And frankly Clinton's word when it comes to sex issues is a bit....questionable.

David Addison

Oct 28, 2017

Um. Edward VIII was a Nazi sympathizer. During World War II. Who would tell diplomats things like "once Hitler starts bombing Britain, they'll see reason".

He was "punished" by...being named governor of the Bahamas, partially to keep him from consorting with Axis spies.