• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Shimon Prokupecz @ShimonPro

Outside SDNY with updates on the Jeffrey Epstein bail hearing. Updates starting at 10am

8:41 AM - Jul 15, 2019

erica orden @eorden

Jeffrey Epstein is back in court today for a bail hearing.
His lawyers have argued for home detention in his UES mansion.
SDNY wants him denied bail, saying he's an "extreme" flight risk & should be in jail, not a "gilded cage."
I'll be there w @ShimonProhttps://www.cnn.com/2019/07/12/us/epstein-potential-witness-payments/index.html …

7:50 AM - Jul 15, 2019

Not getting my hopes up.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

erica orden @eorden

SDNY says they learned today that Epstein had in a locked safe a foreign passport issued in the 1980s, expired, with a photo that appears to be Epstein and a name that is not his. It also gives his place of residence as Saudi Arabia.

10:48 AM - Jul 15, 2019

Tom Winter @Tom_Winter

NEW: Federal prosecutor Alex Rossmiller says that invesitgators found in his house a locked safe with cash, diamonds, and a now expired passport from another country which shows Jeffrey Epstein's picture but has a different name and says his residence is Saudi Arabia.

10:41 AM - Jul 15, 2019

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018
This might be like the Panama Papers. Where it actually led up to things being changed, people being accounted for etc. All things happening in background but public assumes nothing happened after story broke out. Really hoping this guy comes out with names and such, but I don't know anything about his life in terms of family. I'm assuming he has a family and he would put them all at risk for exposing names, ugh. I hope there is a competent agency using found evidence to find others guilty.

Oct 25, 2017
It's like a real life version of Eyes Wide Shut, except involving children. I wish I had the faith in the system to bring justice to those responsible.

Stanley Kubrick didn't get his inspiration from a vacuum. He was clearly in-the-know and the movie was a stark warning. 90% of the content went over the heads of casual viewers b/c who would believe that well-known people actually do these sort of things? This case is providing the tiniest glimpse into that horrifying aspect of this world. I personally think that most of society wouldn't be able to handle knowing just how deep and dark this goes ; it would be world-changing, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

They'll pay *anything* to get him out because he'll fly.

He has assets the courts can't reach that generate $10 million in passive income per year.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Stanley Kubrick didn't get his inspiration from a vacuum. He was clearly in-the-know and the movie was a stark warning. 90% of the content went over the heads of casual viewers b/c who would believe that well-known people actually do these sort of things? This case is providing the tiniest glimpse into that horrifying aspect of this world. I personally think that most of society wouldn't be able to handle knowing just how deep this goes ; it would be world-changing, that's for sure.
Eyes Wide Shut did involve children too (costume shop owner's daughter), and there was a lot of footage that might have been more explicitly referring to things like children being at the Masked Ball that was removed from the final cut and destroyed after his death (of supposedly natural causes).

Very final scene shows Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman forgetting about their child as two older men walk off with her.

Many of his movies examined the awful things that people in power do.

Stuff like MK Ultra is alluded to in the likes of A Clockwork Orange and Full Metal Jacket. The Shining draws on Native American Genocide and child abuse.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC

They'll pay *anything* to get him out because he'll fly.

He has assets the courts can't reach that generate $10 million in passive income per year.

Offer him bail for a complete list of all his business dealings, and the names of all his "clients".

....but the list and an interview discussing all his dealings has to come before bail is set.

Once he provides the list, set bail at 10 Trillion dollars, payable in full up front.

Oct 25, 2017
Eyes Wide Shut did involve children too (costume shop owner's daughter), and there was a lot of footage that might have been more explicitly referring to things like children being at the Masked Ball that was removed from the final cut and destroyed after his death (of supposedly natural causes).

Very final scene shows Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman forgetting about their child as two older men walk off with her.

Many of his movies examined the awful things that people in power do.

Stuff like MK Ultra is alluded to in the likes of A Clockwork Orange and Full Metal Jacket. The Shining draws on Native American Genocide and child abuse.

That final scene was amazing, and that detail you mention is missed by almost everyone ----- one of the most haunting endings to a film, once you realize it and understand how closely it captures real-life high-level trafficking.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York

erica orden @eorden

SDNY says they learned today that Epstein had in a locked safe a foreign passport issued in the 1980s, expired, with a photo that appears to be Epstein and a name that is not his. It also gives his place of residence as Saudi Arabia.

10:48 AM - Jul 15, 2019

Tom Winter @Tom_Winter

NEW: Federal prosecutor Alex Rossmiller says that invesitgators found in his house a locked safe with cash, diamonds, and a now expired passport from another country which shows Jeffrey Epstein's picture but has a different name and says his residence is Saudi Arabia.

10:41 AM - Jul 15, 2019

This judge cannot let him out on bail.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
That final scene was amazing, and that detail you mention is missed by almost everyone ----- one of the most haunting endings to a film, once you realize it and understand how closely it captures real-life high-level trafficking.
I heard a few other theories that it's two men that were at Ziegler's party who take her, or that it's the organisation exacting revenge on Cruise for not being able to just stay out, or even that Kidman was in on it and that's why she's distracting Tom.

I need to watch it again and take notes.

Oct 25, 2017
I heard a few other theories that it's two men that were at Ziegler's party who take her, or that it's the organisation exacting revenge on Cruise for not being able to just stay out, or even that Kidman was in on it and that's why she's distracting Tom.

I need to watch it again and take notes.

Yeah, doubt Kidman's character was involved, but it's likely the same men at Ziegler's party. I interpret it as both a revenge act as well as something that the group does anyway (kidnapping/trafficking children) and that Cruise's child in the movie got marked b/c of how deep Cruise went into their society.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can't help but think dudes in suits just walk into evidence and take any dodgy stuff that might incriminate rich and powerful people. Can you imagine it's blackmail tapes, photos. Would they really be hands off.

I wonder were he got his money from, cost for access.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

"supposedly"?

The Shining draws on Native American Genocide and child abuse.

You left out the Minotaur and the moon landing.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Buzzfeed came out with an article the other day about how Epstein received an Iranian townhouse seized by the government and then got sued by them when he tried to make money off of it:

The State Department Once Rented A Townhouse Seized From Iran To Jeffrey Epstein — Then Sued Him For Subletting It
Jeffrey Epstein's Upper East Side mansion has become notorious for its reportedly macabre interior decor, immense size and monetary value, and as the site of some of his lurid alleged crimes.

But Epstein, the financier who has been charged with sex trafficking and accused of sexually abusing young girls, used to live in a different Upper East Side mansion only a few blocks away. It's a mansion that embroiled him in a dispute involving a lawyer for French Connection heroin ring suspects, the State Department, and transitively the government of Iran.

The now-forgotten case — laid out in newspaper clips from the time and extensive court documents — offers a glimpse into a strange facet of Epstein's life at the time, and constitutes an early example of Epstein popping up in the media as a rich and connected but mysterious New York figure.
Beginning in February 1992, Epstein rented a former Iranian government building that had been taken over by the State Department during the Iranian revolution, at 34 East 69th Street in one of Manhattan's most expensive neighborhoods, and at a rate of $15,000 a month.

But things went sour when the government sued Epstein in the Southern District of New York, alleging that he had at one point failed to pay the rent on time and had violated the lease by moving out in early 1996 and subletting the place without the State Department's permission. His subtenant was Ivan Fisher, a New York City criminal defense lawyer who had famously defended members of the French Connection and Pizza Connection drug rings. The government also sued Fisher.

Shit is bizarre. And shows how connected he's been for decades now.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Hearing at 11:30 am.

erica orden @eorden

Epstein's lawyer has offered further explanation of the foreign passport, saying it was given to him "by a friend." Lawyer also says Epstein is a citizen only of the United States.

10:17 AM - Jul 18, 2019

MH: Leaked documents show Jeffrey Epstein kept funds offshore. Can the money even be tracked?
But coupled with the fact that many of his businesses were operated in or with help from Caribbean offshore tax havens, the documents raise the likelihood that Epstein's wealth is spread secretly across the globe. Wealthy people commonly employ opaque offshore companies to mask their true fortunes from tax authorities and creditors, although the companies also have legitimate business and tax-planning uses.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
LOL a friend gave me the passport because of my Jewish name? I want to know both how these excuses are devised and who suggests them. I wonder if his lawyers are like "Well Jeff, is there ANY possibility a friend gave you the passport?" Epstein: "Umm no, oh wait, oooohhh! Yeah! That's right I forgot a friend gave it to me."

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Come on, Epstein. Give us whatever you have on Trump and we'll give you prison for the rest of your life instead of....erm..... SUPER PRISON !!

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It would not surprise me if Epstein was in the intelligence community. He seems more powerful than the '16 news stories let on.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Edit: posted above.

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1

Breaking on @MSNBC: Jeffrey Epstein has been denied bail. Epstein will stay in prison.

11:35 AM - Jul 18, 2019

Credit to the girls/women for testifying:

Adam Klasfeld @KlasfeldReports

Berman:

"I find that the government has established danger to others and to the community by clear and convincing evidence," he says, also finding risk of flight by "preponderance of the evidence."

"I doubt that any bail package can overcome danger to the community."

Berman cites testimony of Annie Farmer and Courtney Wild in supporting his ruling.

Berman also cites evidence of intimidation and evidence of Epstein missing sex-offender check-ins.

He also cites "sexually explicit photos" and "expired Austrian passport" with Epstein's photo, not his name, and a Saudi residence.

11:38 AM - Jul 18, 2019

Last edited:

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hallelujah.

Something that finally makes sense.

Any idea when the court date will be?

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
Great news. I'm actually giddy that this monster doesn't get to return to his life of luxury while he awaits trial.