• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
I was banned for stating my belief that the El Paso shooter may have been motivated to select his target location due to its heightened presence in political discourse as it related to its immigrant population as a result of Beto's various campaigns for office. The reason? "peddling conspiracy theories". Except the shooter was motivated precisely by the content of political discourse. So our bar for conspiracy theories is very low here.
When did the shooter mention Beto?

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
If there's a story where we can't discount conspiracy theories off the bat, it's this one. Julie K Brown was basically regarded as a conspiracy theorist and was offered barely zero help when she started on her series. Epstein had his hands in a lot of powerful people's cookie jars and that abortion of justice served up by Acosta and the Miami PD wasn't simple human error or incompetence...

So, his entire case will be closed just like that? Not sure how the legal side of things work for this...

The criminal case into him is likely closed as he's dead. But the civil cases against his estate will continue on. Potential criminal proceedings against some of his accomplices could still happen too. There's still a lot of documents to be unrevealed early next month.

So still some game left to be played. But it is a big blow as he would've been a key witness and now we're robbed of a public trial with this vermin having to sit there and face his victims, this time for real.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if they actually tried to protect him and some high level attempt slipped through, so now they are covering their asses by saying "he wasn't on suicide watch"

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
Depressing twitter thread on suicides in jail

I worked at a jail in Canada. At the jail, I mostly guarded drunk people and they were released when they sobered up. The community had large issues with alcohol and mental health, so they were often suicidal. I kept vigilant but I won't lie about how easy it was to become desensitized and disconnected towards imprisoned people. I'm not excusing the negative behavior of guards, but these institutions need to ensure that their guards retain a sense of humanity towards these people. Otherwise, you get shit like this.