• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Billionaire pedophile Jeffrey Epstein was arrested for allegedly sex trafficking dozens of minors in New York and Florida between 2002 and 2005, and will appear in court in New York on Monday, according to three law enforcement sources. The arrest comes about 12 years after the 66-year-old financier essentially got a slap on the wrist for allegedly molesting dozens of underage girls in Florida.
For more than a decade, Epstein's alleged abuse of minors has been the subject of lawsuits brought by victims, investigations by local and federal authorities, and exposés in the press. But despite the attention cast on his alleged sex crimes, the hedge-funder has managed to avoid any meaningful jail time, let alone federal charges.
The new charges allege that Epstein sexually exploited dozens of underage girls in a now-familiar scheme: paying them cash for "massages" and then molesting or sexually abusing them in his Upper East Side mansion or his palatial residence in Palm Beach. Several employees and associates allegedly recruited the girls for Epstein's abuse, and some victims eventually became recruiters themselves, according to law enforcment. The girls were as young as 14, and Epstein knew they were underage, according to police.
In an era where #MeToo has toppled powerful men, Epstein's name was largely absent from the national conversation, until the Miami Herald published a three-part series on how his wealth, power and influence shielded him from federal prosecution. For years, The Daily Beast reported on Epstein's easy jail sentence and soft treatment by the U.S. Attorney's Office, which ultimately scrapped a 53-page indictment against Epstein. An earlier version of Epstein's plea deal included a 10-year federal sentence—before his star-studded lawyers threatened to go to trial in a case prosecutors feared was unwinnable, in part because Epstein's team dredged up dirt on the victims, including social media posts indicating drug use.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't this guy potentialy have dirt on a ton of folks?

Edit: yeah Trump but Bill Clinton too tbf.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Good riddance.

Not sure if it's me but I feel like Florida is somehow a huge harbor for sex trafficking. I see it come up somewhere in a lot of stories.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reading his wiki he apparently tried to solicit sex with an underage girl before, but was given a 13 month sentence and was allowed out of prison for 16 hours a day every day....

Fuck this guy.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
When a publication can openly refer to someone as "Billionaire pedophile" without needing to use the "alleged" qualifier you know justice has gone underserved for too long.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
JeffreyEpsteinDonaldTrumpBillClintonSexOffenderBearStearnsChildMolestation.jpg

First lady in the middle, this is at Trump's favorite Fl vacation spot

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Reading his wiki he apparently tried to solicit sex with an underage girl before, but was given a 13 month sentence and was allowed out of prison for 16 hours a day every day....

Fuck this guy.
Read more here:

Miami Herald @MiamiHerald

BREAKING: Florida billionaire Jeffrey Epstein reportedly arrested in New York on sex trafficking charges. Via @thedailybeast Read our November full #PerversionofJustice investigation into Jeffrey Epstein at http://hrld.us/2LfawTj

8:18 PM - Jul 6, 2019

BUNTING1243

Oct 25, 2017
I sound like a Pizzagate weirdo but this could definitely involve Bill Clinton and Trump. Rooting for the prosecutors to be able to take it there.

Spiderz

Oct 25, 2017
The Pizzagate people are correct in that global elites are complicit in horrible crimes against children, it's just not happening in Pizza Places.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
in part because Epstein's team dredged up dirt on the victims, including social media posts indicating drug use.

How do you justify working towards keeping a pedophile billionaire out of jail for molesting children?

Fuck this guy and fuck everyone who shielded him for so long.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I sound like a Pizzagate weirdo but this could definitely involve Bill Clinton and Trump. Rooting for the prosecutors to be able to take it there.

There's nothing weird about that. It's very well known about his connections to Clinton and Trump. There's even a quote from Trump acknowledging that Epstein likes young girls.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Fyi trump once said this of him:

I've known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy. He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it -- Jeffrey enjoys his social life.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
About fucking time, and SDNY isn't going easy on him like the last fuckers who let him off with basically nothing.

Hope he squeals and has records (because he fucking does, he has videos allegedly) and brings every sick fuck down with him that was involved.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Here's to hoping this takes down all the other terrible people who he helped facilitate their molesting of others, as well.

Read more here:

Miami Herald @MiamiHerald

BREAKING: Florida billionaire Jeffrey Epstein reportedly arrested in New York on sex trafficking charges. Via @thedailybeast Read our November full #PerversionofJustice investigation into Jeffrey Epstein at http://hrld.us/2LfawTj

8:18 PM - Jul 6, 2019

The Miami Herald (and thus the McClatchy News Service) has done phenomenal work this year, including exposing this horrendous guy.

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was gonna say "again" but I read up on it earlier and it seems like he is only now getting charged for the same thing everyone already knew about for years.

The fuck man.