• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
It may be time for a refresher on a certain law suit that was withdrawn before the Presidential election. These allegations are unproven, so for information purposes only:

'3y Kingdom

Oct 27, 2017
This was all out there in 2016. The media didn't run with it then.
For some context on why:
The Katie Johnson lawsuit: This is the only accusation against Trump for Epstein-related wrongdoing. An anonymous woman sued Trump in 2016, claiming that in 1994, he violently raped her at an orgy hosted by Epstein. She said she was 13 years old at the time, and accused Epstein of raping her as well. She first filed suit in California under the name "Katie Johnson," and when it was thrown out there for technical reasons, she filed it in New York under "Jane Doe."

But many journalists were wary about this claim. There was no corroborating evidence offered (except for affidavits from two anonymous people claiming to have been told of or witnessed it), and the suit appeared "to have been orchestrated by an eccentric anti-Trump campaigner with a record of making outlandish claims about celebrities," the Guardian's Jon Swaine wrote. Jezebel's Anna Merlan tried for some time to get to the bottom of what was going on and concluded in June 2016, "The facts speak less to a scandal and more, perhaps, to an attempt at a smear."

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
It's possible that someone with a history of credible sexual assault allegations against him didn't commit this one.

Also circumstantial, but Trump, who has a history of liberally filing defamation suits, did not file one in regards to these allegations.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Also, this was in 1994.. and they were clearly still friends (or friendly) in 2000 and beyond when the photos were taken (I believe). Doubt that this was "what caused them to fall out" with each other.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
At this point, pretty much would believe any and every woman that associated with Epstein or Trump...or even came near them at any party or event.

Trump, in his own words, praised the guy...and stated he liked women young. This meant Trump interacted with him/his circle enough to know there were young girls.

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I've watched an interview with that woman from 2016, I believe, and at first I was skeptical, but now that all this info about Epstein is out, the details she mentions about recruitment and the sexual assaults makes me think that she was the one being smeared.
Edit: this is the video I mention

WTF. That video is horrifying.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

The joint letter is a rarity coming from councilmen on opposite ends of the political spectrum, who are ideologically opposed on most issues.

Finally.. we can all agree that.. child rape is bad? It's a low bar, but at least it's a bar. Lets hope the spirit of togetherness holds throughout the whole trial.

I would hope there are enough semi-decent folk still left on either side to make sure this doesn't fade away.

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
I think this case will blow wide open. Like that US trainer that got convicted were the witnesses came up one by one to read their statements and that was very striking.
And then there will be no escape for Trump anymore. I think. Because they can make it disappear to.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Ironic, The pizzagators elected a pedo. Nice job owning the libs idiots.

If the Pizzagators change their minds, and celebrate pedophilia as American as Apple Pie, then they'll still "win" since the degenerate Libs that won't touch children for immoral reasons are fighting against freedom and justice.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
Finally.. we can all agree that.. child rape is bad? It's a low bar, but at least it's a bar. Lets hope the spirit of togetherness holds throughout the whole trial.

I would hope there are enough semi-decent folk still left on either side to make sure this doesn't fade away.
NY Republican in Staten is a Dem anywhere else imo

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
I think this case will blow wide open. Like that US trainer that got convicted were the witnesses came up one by one to read their statements and that was very striking.
And then there will be no escape for Trump anymore. I think. Because they can make it disappear to.
I bet this case implodes and nobody in power faces any consequences and remain protected.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017

America's continuing obsession with assigning rich, white men divine rights, and absolving them of all blame if they are racist is finally turning a corner. It's no longer even trying to hide it, or pretend that equality exists. And millions of Americans are now racist enough that they'll embrace this, as long as those same rich, white racists make the lives minorities more miserable than poor white people.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So today at work. A trump supporting coworker apparently just heard about this case... says in the room. "Holy shit, bill clintons best friend jeffery epstein is in jail on child sex crimes"

I can only imagine where he gets his news from and how much they only tell half the story.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
I am pretty sure that video posted was called as a fake. Even by left leaning outlets, they couldnt verify that info or the persons identity.

This will be interesting. I wonder if this had anything to do with Mullers investigation.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I suspect if Trump and Epstein had a falling out it would have been from 2004 or so. Trump and Epstein were both going after Property for sale in Palm Beach that Trump ended up getting for 41 million dollars. He turned around and sold it to a Russian Oligarch for roughly 95 million Dollars. Which no one could make sense of.
If you consider the idea of Money Laundering and other things though it starts to make lots of sense. Trump may very well have fucked Epstein on a deal. Epstein after all has so much money yet no one can actually explain how he got that rich.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I suspect if Trump and Epstein had a falling out it would have been from 2004 or so. Trump and Epstein were both going after Property for sale in Palm Beach that Trump ended up getting for 41 million dollars. He turned around and sold it to a Russian Oligarch for roughly 95 million Dollars. Which no one could make sense of.
If you consider the idea of Money Laundering and other things though it starts to make lots of sense. Trump may very well have fucked Epstein on a deal. Epstein after all has so much money yet no one can actually explain how he got that rich.

I'd read that, reportedly, Trump made a pass at his wife?

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

At least a dozen new victims have come forward to claim they were sexually abused by Jeffrey Epstein even as the multimillionaire money manager tries to convince a federal judge to allow him to await a sex trafficking trial from the comfort of the same $77 million Manhattan mansion where he's accused of luring teenage girls into unwanted sex acts.

... There's a word for this. Would be nice if they'd just call it what it is instead of tiptoeing.

Nobody seems to want to point out his antisemitism calling him a "Jew Bastard"
Trump has the benefit of people damn well knowing he's a racist fuck.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
This dude has been raping away for over 30 years. And he has a lot of free time and a lot of other rapey friends.

His victims probably number in the thousands.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
The lead detective died too? Yeesh. Could just be a coincidence, but considering he seemed to fear for his life, a bit frightening.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
His bail proposal from this morning:

Jeffrey Epstein, the financier facing sex-trafficking charges in New York, has been described by prosecutors as a man of enormous wealth: He owns a $77 million mansion on the Upper East Side, a $12 million estate in Palm Beach, Fla., a private island in the Caribbean and a private jet.
And on Thursday, Mr. Epstein, 66, asked a federal judge to allow him to use some of his wealth to stay out of jail while he awaits trial, filing a detailed bail proposal with the court.
Mr. Epstein asked the judge to release him on a substantial bond and pledged to put up his palatial Manhattan mansion and his private jet as collateral. He also proposed he be allowed to remain under house arrest in the mansion, and said he would agree to electronic monitoring of his location. He said he would surrender his passport and ground his jet.
In addition, his lawyers proposed that Mr. Epstein would hire private round-the-clock security guards who would "virtually guarantee" that he would not flee and would show up for court. They argued that he had lived a law-abiding life for the past 14 years.
---------------------------
In the bail memorandum, Mr. Epstein's lawyers made it clear their client would fight the charges and gave a preview of what his defense might be. They argued that even though the government may have witnesses — some younger than 18 at the time — who said Mr. Epstein had paid them for sexual massages, prosecutors could not prove he had committed the federal crime of sex trafficking. They contended that Mr. Epstein should have been prosecuted in New York State court.
"There are no allegations in the indictment that Mr. Epstein trafficked anybody for commercial profit; that he forced, coerced, defrauded, or enslaved anybody," the lawyers, Reid Weingarten, Marc Fernich and Martin G. Weinberg, wrote. "No one seeks to minimize the gravity of the alleged conduct, but it is clear that the conduct falls within the heartland of classic state or local sex offenses."

Reminder:

julie k. brown @jkbjournalist

ICYMI: should someone like this get bail? Epstein intimidation tactics detailed here | Miami Herald https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article214210674.html …

8:32 PM - Jul 11, 2019

Mimi Rocah @Mimirocah1

Noteworthy from the SDNY bail memo on Epstein: Florida prosecutors not only knew Epstein was a sexual predator but also that he harassed & intimidated the victims & their families to stop them from testifying. No federal prosecutor should let conduct like that go. Acosta did.

10:57 AM - Jul 9, 2019

mgvV0ye.png

I wonder what the Trump / Moore / Kavanaugh rape defense force and dudes who shit on the #metoo movement think about these girls/women who are coming forward now.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like maybe a guy that runs an underage/trafficking sex island shouldn't get the chance to escape...

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Will be really interesting to see how this plays out. If he's really as connected as we all think.. do the powers that be silence him? Sacrifice him to keep their secrets? Hope he doesn't talk? Too many eyes on this now I think to just sweep it under the rug. Maybe he gets "50 years" but quietly does 3 or 4 before getting off on some technicality when everyone else is busy fussing over the next big story?