• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

(CNN) — Move over, Jim and Pam. It's all about Pam and Angela in a new podcast coming from former "Office" stars Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey.

Fischer and Kinsey, who played Pam Beesly and Angela Martin on the beloved NBC comedy, will be teaming up for "Office Ladies," "the ultimate podcast for nostalgic fans," according to an announcement from podcast company Stitcher, first shared with CNN.

Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey are launching a podcast for fans of 'The Office.'
Each week the duo, who are best friends in real life, will break down an episode of "The Office" and provide behind-the-scenes stories and answer questions from listeners.

The podcast premieres October 16 on Stitcher's comedy network, Earwolf, which is home to shows like "Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend" and "How Did This Get Made?"

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
recap podcasts are really big these days, this'll probably do well

Aug 27, 2018
DUUUDE, I just saw this and I LITERALLY just started a rewatch of The Office yesterday. Mostly because I need something to entertain me while I play WoW Classic.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I mean, if there's a market for it, okay. Free money for them so why not, go for it.

I think it's beating a dead horse a bit, but what do I know?

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I guess they can reveal backstage stuff but it feels weird to have a podcast about a show you did.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
what are some other popular recap podcasts

didn't know this was a thing
it's usually podcasts made for either the rewatch and recap of a specific show, or movies in general

its different that sommit like fan podcasts, those usually follow a show as they are released and discuss them

off the top of my head there's The Rewatchables, which is a movie recap kind of podcast

when it comes to specific show recaps, there's a West Wing podcast ongoing, going over the whole series

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
need something to entertain me while I play WoW Classic.

1126.gif

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
these recap type podcasts are interesting, because they are sort of buffers against binge in a way

you watch a few episodes of sommit and then you have some podcasts you can listen to while doing other things

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
actually, when I think about podcasts like this, I'd imagine most people listening won't watch the show along with the podcast, at least not at first

this'll probably get a lot of people back onto rewatching The Office

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what the catalyst was for The Office becoming so popular again. For a few years after it ended it seemed to lose relevance, but in the past little while a bunch of younger people have seemingly discovered it. It was on Netflix the whole time, so it's not like it's newly available.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
I wonder what the catalyst was for The Office becoming so popular again. For a few years after it ended it seemed to lose relevance, but in the past little while a bunch of younger people have seemingly discovered it. It was on Netflix the whole time, so it's not like it's newly available.
maybe their parents were big into it and it just kinda seeped into them

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

Reddit memes and it's abundant availability on Netflix if I had to assume.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Likely Netflix, booms like this happen every and then, Family Guy, Friends, Seinfeld, Simpsons.

A new generation comes up and finds the old shows and they get addicted.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess they can reveal backstage stuff but it feels weird to have a podcast about a show you did.

There's one for the Good Place (hosted by Marc Evan Jackson), and it's still airing. It's very good and has had pretty much the entire cast on at various points.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Kevin smith start a Frasier recap podcast? Did that ever go anywhere? I just want more Frasier content

Nov 2, 2017
Talking Simpsons with ex-1Upper/Retronauts guy Bob Mackey and ex-Games Radar guy Henry Gilbert is good.
If you support them on Patreon you also get to hear their Talking Futurama and TalKing of the Hill, but I can't tell you if those are good.

Aug 27, 2018
Talking Simpsons with ex-1Upper/Retronauts guy Bob Mackey and ex-Games Radar guy Henry Gilbert is good.
If you support them on Patreon you also get to hear their Talking Futurama and TalKing of the Hill, but I can't tell you if those are good.
I really enjoyed this podcast when they still had Chris Antista on the episodes now...some episodes are good depending on the guest host.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I hope they announce the episode schedule ahead of time so I can rewatch the episode before listening to the podcast. This sounds like itll be a blast

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Why? Recap podcasts are fantastic - and this one is made by the actors. Beating what dead horse?
It's been done for like 6 years and those actors havent been in much since. Seems like a (prudent) move on their part to make get some more out of it while they can.

And idk, a podcast about recapping a show Ive already seen (multiple times) sounds like the most pointless thing in the world to me, but people like what they like.