• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017
It's Astro Bot!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeremy Horwitz, a writer for Venture Beat, is really excited about something VR related and is claiming we are about a week away from its unveiling.

Mario 64 moment is a pretty bold claim... What could it be? It's time to speculate.

Half-Life 3 Obviously

Place me outside of my Chaperone Grid if old.

Edit: Damn this "2 pieces of media" limit...

https://twitter.com/horwitz/status/1045108182010515467

What he's referring to is "Software" related not hardware.

Last edited:

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
It better be Valve related or I call bullshit. It might be a bit narrow minded to think only Valve could do such a thing but that's how I feel.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any game releases coming up? He might just be excited about Astro Bot? Looks good. I need to get PSVR... I have the money...

I think we'd hear more rumblings if it was something massive. The entire industry would be quivvering if it was VR Half Life 3.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
Pretty big words considering you need to buy a console/good PC plus a headset plus the game.

If it gets me to spend that much money just for a headset id be shocked.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Not even revealed and calling it a Mario 64 moment. That's *really* optimistic. Doesn't a Mario 64 moment actually need people to be able to play it?

Jan 9, 2018
Its gotta be astro bot. Everyone who played the robot vr mini game that inspired it knows how amazing that game will be.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Things get so overhyped these days, I'll take what he says with a huge grain of salt.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Only thing I can think of is some socially connected game with new technology.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was gonna be about Astro Bot but the tweet seems too cryptic to be about a game that is about to be released.

Looking forward to Astro Bot. Once I'm done with Hollow Knight I'll be picking it up

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
I mean Astro Bot looks good but it's this kind of hyperbole that makes people antagonistic from the start. Let's enjoy it for what it is and let time be the judge of the rest. It has became a realy problem these days.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't used my VR headset in 6 months, I'm ready to be wowed that hard, but I'm prepared for the worst.

Oh and please don't require me to have to buy another 600+ in equipment over what I already have.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
This might be true when the cost associated with VR isn't so high. Even PSVR isn't an affordable purchase.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
This might be true when the cost associated with VR isn't so high. Even PSVR isn't an affordable purchase.
The uniqueness of the game literally has nothing to do with the cost of getting it. If it's ground breaking then it is. If you can't afford it then that's something else to worry about.

principal

Banned
Feb 14, 2018
These hype posts never work out.

Just wait till next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.