• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
i read this a bit earlier. reprehensible shit. guessing this means he won't be brought on for TESVI.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Man, that sucks. I love some of his work. I've met the kind of people she's describing in Jeremy, and that self-pitying, guilt-tripping personality is something I can almost touch in terms of how familiar I am with that kind of person. The evidence is quite damning in the link, too.

Racerprose

Banned
Aug 26, 2019
Heard about this with some friends on FB. One girl in the industry said in post he comments a lot on her work, but in very odd strange ways, like spiritual wacky talk. He sounds like a real piece of work.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
That is damning. Imagine we'll hear others speak out soon corroborating his fetishistic approach to composition. What the fuck, man? I was listening to the Oblivion OST three days ago...

Oct 25, 2017
by default, you should not trust men in positions of power. if you have lower expectations these truths might destroy you a little less

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Jeremy Soule.

I was just admiring his work yesterday. I don't know how I feel knowing this now.

Glass Arrows

Jan 10, 2019
I'm not really big into Elder Scrolls or most of Soule's other work so this doesn't hit me as hard as it probably does to a lot of other people but mega yikes.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
jfc that was hard to read. I wanted it to end after every paragraph and it just kept going and people never treated this person right or even paid her for work she did.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Jesus that part of him describing his girlfriend's daughter's molestation.

What a disgusting person.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
She seems like a much stronger and more driven person than myself. Absolutely nightmarish thing she went through that nobody deserves to endure.

I can usually separate art from artist to a limited extent, but the way she claims he talks about writing and performing music may have just killed my favorite game soundtracks forever. Fucking shit.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Haven't seen his name around much lately, especially since that Kickstarter thing. Hopefully this makes it so that we don't see it at all.

What a horrifying read that was. Not just about Soule but everything else too. I have no words for how impressive it is that she managed to get through it all.

She also writes really well. This is very powerful:
When you defend rapists, and bemoan the cultural loss of their work when they get called out, think about the bigger loss that could have been the contributions of their victims. I have things to contribute too. I have art to put out there too. I matter too. Other victims do too.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's why you admire the work, not the person.

But yeah, is not the same after knowing that...

Easier said than done. Art is intrinsically tied to the artist.
And given that Soule has said that his music is sexually motivated...

Not that anyone should be shamed for enjoying the work, but let's not pretend that art has no relation to the person who made it.

Owlet

Owl Enthusiast
Verified
May 30, 2018
London, UK
Fuck.

I know they say separate the work from the artist, but ouch... As an aspiring composer I've looked up to his compositions (not him as a person, I never knew much about him) for a long time.

This is awful. I hope she can heal from this awful experience :(

Tigel

Oct 27, 2017
Welp time to delete his albums from my Apple Music. No way I'm giving that piece of garbage any more money.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say "she's been through some shit" but I feel like that that is vastly downplaying it. That was a brutal read, I'm glad she's in a better place now.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, if true what an irreversible piece of trash. I hope bethesda has enough sense to remove him from any future projects if this is true

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
That's sickening.

The e-mails seem to match up with his previous behavior in business dealings (DirectSong failing to fulfill orders, the Kickstarter, cutting ties with Arenanet over a Christmas party invite).